Disciple
I'm Planning to buy a laptop.

Budget : Rs. 35000/-

My requirement is

4GB ram,

intel i3 or i5 >2.2GHZ

3USB ports

HD LED display or any HD display

most important >> good build quality + good service.

Please recommend a brand and model

what about ASUS

I already have HP Pavilion DV4-1241tx worth Rs.49000

But it have only Rating: 3.4 Windows experiece index and

Replaced motherboard, LCD display and Battery within 1.5 years.

So i'm looking for a quality laptop with good battery backup and good service.

Dell is the best brand in India ATM plus Complete Cover FTW.
Inspiron 14R/15R will suit your requirements.
Go to Dell and configure the system to your liking.

Else you can go for Sony, they have good quality build, decent service and warranty but tend to be expensive when compared to other brands and are not as configurable as dell.

Generally they give student discounts and corportae discounts. For eg, I get a 8% corporate discount.

mjumrani said:
Dell is the best brand in India ATM plus Complete Cover FTW.
Inspiron 14R/15R will suit your requirements.
Go to Dell and configure the system to your liking.

Else you can go for Sony, they have good quality build, decent service and warranty but tend to be expensive when compared to other brands and are not as configurable as dell.

Generally they give student discounts and corportae discounts. For eg, I get a 8% corporate discount.

Dell is more costly than Sony, though customization is something which gives it a huge leap.

@OP- First mention your budget than we can help you in a better way. :)

MAGNeT said:
WHo dell or sony?

Dell. Do not know about other brands (Only know a bit about sony because my father has it)

If I was buying a laptop, I would go to dell, get the maximum warranty with complete cover, nomatter what the price, and relax :)
Laptops tend to start giving problems after the first year.

If build quality is a concern, look elsewhere before deciding on a Dell. I have a Dell Inspiron 14r, bought a couple of months ago, and I'm very much disappointed with the build quality. It is not sturdy, keyboard flexes a little on forceful typing, and the bezel by the sides of the screen is a joke.

logistopath said:
If build quality is a concern, look elsewhere before deciding on a Dell. I have a Dell Inspiron 14r, bought a couple of months ago, and I'm very much disappointed with the build quality. It is not sturdy, keyboard flexes a little on forceful typing, and the bezel by the sides of the screen is a joke.

Strange. My friends 15R seems good enough...

Get a Thinkpad.

For about 20k over the purchase price,you get 5 yrs complete cover+7 years onsite warranty

So freedom from any expenses except battery for 5 years, and unless you break something, freedom for 7 yrs

mehrotra.akash said:
Get a Thinkpad.

For about 20k over the purchase price,you get 5 yrs complete cover+7 years onsite warranty

So freedom from any expenses except battery for 5 years, and unless you break something, freedom for 7 yrs
Which model and 20k is to much.

Only T and X series thinkpads come with extended warranty..and the most basic T420 costs around 58k in India.

Edge series thinkpads are as fragile as inspirons and HP dv series.

Why don`t you look into Vostros?

MAGNeT said:
Which model and 20k is to much.

T,X,W series (Dont go for X1 though)

Start at 63k or so and come with 3 yrs default warranty

You can add on 3 yrs damage protection for another 4.8k

ThinkPad T61 laptops, Thinkpad adapters, Thinkpad batteries, Lenovo batteries, Lenovo adapters

TPP means physical damage protection

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

red dragon said:
Only T and X series thinkpads come with extended warranty..and the most basic T420 costs around 58k in India.

Edge series thinkpads are as fragile as inspirons and HP dv series.

Why don`t you look into Vostros?

packs like think essentials, think Accessories, Think, Lenovo, thinklenovo, Warranty, Service Pack, ThinkPlus, LenovoCare, Lenovo Service, warranty upgrade, lenovo India support, think Accessories india delhi gurgaon cannot be applied to Edge?

And yeah, at this pricepoint Vostro will be a good deal

Are you looking for a long term purchase? i.e. keeping the laptop for 5-7 years? I feel MSI provides good quality at reasonable cost and warranty for 2 years.I use a 4 year old dell and my bro has a dell but I like the new MSI laptops I have seen.ALL brands offer products with different build qualities,vostro is built better as it is a corporate line but is also more expensive.I would buy a MSI laptop if I were to buy today.

drsingh said:
Are you looking for a long term purchase? i.e. keeping the laptop for 5-7 years? I feel MSI provides good quality at reasonable cost and warranty for 2 years.I use a 4 year old dell and my bro has a dell but I like the new MSI laptops I have seen.ALL brands offer products with different build qualities,vostro is built better as it is a corporate line but is also more expensive.I would buy a MSI laptop if I were to buy today.
Yes I'm looking for a long term purchase. I don't know anything about MSI. is that really good. What about their service in Kerala. and warranty.
Please suggest a model also.
intel-core i3/i5 2.2GHZ or more
4gbRam
500HDD
battery backup at least 3hours
HD graphics + windows rating 4.5 or more preffered

hello .

if i were to quote my opinion ,
i would say , stay away from HP and Dell .
they are all crap and bullshi! piece of scums .....

not worth the price ,
no matter how much you pay for them .

go with , Asus or Toshibo makes Top End models .
Asus and Toshiba are two brands which have the lowest 3 year Hardware Failure rates . !

i say top end , coz you say you want long term use and reliability .
and the best models of these makes are the best in design and components ....

check here --

image1.jpg

and no wonder HP has the highest failure rates ..!

complete report if you want to go through .--- Study Finds One in Three Laptops Fail Within Three Years (SquareTrade Warranty Blog )
remember -- the biggest killer for a laptop is the heat , that builds up inside the congested tightly and snugly compacted electronic parts of the machine .
so a laptop has to be good in thermals if you want some good shelf life out of it .....

MJS said:
hello .

if i were to quote my opinion ,

i would say , stay away from HP and Dell .

they are all crap and bullshi! piece of scums .....

not worth the price ,

no matter how much you pay for them .

go with , Asus or Toshibo makes Top End models .

Asus and Toshiba are two brands which have the lowest 3 year Hardware Failure rates . !

i say top end , coz you say you want long term use and reliability .

and the best models of these makes are the best in design and components ....

check here --

image1.jpg

and no wonder HP has the highest failure rates ..!

complete report if you want to go through .--- Study Finds One in Three Laptops Fail Within Three Years (SquareTrade Warranty Blog )

remember -- the biggest killer for a laptop is the heat , that builds up inside the congested tightly and snugly compacted electronic parts of the machine .

so a laptop has to be good in thermals if you want some good shelf life out of it .....

Thanks for your reply. I was planning to buy ASUS before publishing this post. Please suggest an ASUS model for ma requirement (price in Indian rupees preferred)

Do any one have any experience on ASUS

zacharia said:
Thanks for your reply. I was planning to buy ASUS before publishing this post. Please suggest an ASUS model for ma requirement (price in Indian rupees preferred)

Do any one have any experience on ASUS

Been using an eeepc for the past 2 years. Top notch quality, not a single problem. Heard that service centres are few in number, the dealer himself discouraged me from buying asus! Took a leap of faith, didn't have to visit one until now. :)

Hi,

me and my friend need to buy a laptop under 25k.

Please suggest for the same.

Also i've shortlisted

Dell Vostro 1540

and

Lenovo G560

but i'm looking for te model that would give me little problems. All my frnds saying to go for dell.

Please suggest.

Back