Budget 51-70k Laptop for Office Use

Where does M1 stands out better?
Outright performance is probably the most staggering difference..
Apart from that, the battery life is significantly better.
Screen, trackpad and overall build quality are noticeably better..

The significantly (and very noticeable) lower weight of the gram is the only redeeming factor for the LG

PS: My usecase is almost 100% productivity apps - Zero video editing , near zero photo editing - other than a one off retouch of contrast/exposure of a few personal photos

Outright performance is probably the most staggering difference..
Apart from that, the battery life is significantly better.
Screen, trackpad and overall build quality are noticeably better..

The significantly (and very noticeable) lower weight of the gram is the only redeeming factor for the LG
Is still a right time to purchase M1 Air? I am looking to purchase it for desktop use (90%) majorly with occasional travel (10%). Thinking to dock it with my monitor. What do you suggest?

Is still a right time to purchase M1 Air? I am looking to purchase it for desktop use (90%) majorly with occasional travel (10%). Thinking to dock it with my monitor. What do you suggest?
the under 70K deal during diwali was probably the best time to get it.
I don’t know what impact, if any the new model expect in 2022 will have on the pricing/availability.

My usage is 50% docked via TB driving a 4K display
Its in the docked mode where the performance difference is most noticeable as the Iris Plus on the gram tends to struggle managing moderate CPU loads while driving 2160p/60
In standalone mode (i.e. 1080p internal display), the gram does not fare too bad in comparison

PS: FWIW, I also use the same docked setup with a Latitude 7400 / 10th gen i7.. That one comes relatively closer to the M1 SoC but does not fare at par

Back