Laptop Or Tablet

for only mentioned requirements: android tablet

if you need more apps: ipad

if you need to run programs: then netbook

(now Gannu is playing Ra-one so it will "leak" here at TE forums before release)

You may want to buy the recent Android tablets launched by various players like

-Iball

-Reliance

-Beetel

-There was a company with 'M', sorry forgot the name

These come under 15k :eek:hyeah:

if you want to perform programming related tasks and want to run various high applications then you can go for the laptop and if you dont want to perform some huge task then you can go for tablets

Wait for the Lenovo A1 to be launched in India.

It has 7 inch 1024 x 600 resolution screen, Android 2.3, 5MP rear & 2MP front camera, offline GPS and navigation, Bluetooth, WiFi, micro SD, micro USB, and stereo speakers.

2GB model is for $199 & 16GB for $249

pauldmps said:

It has 7 inch 1024 x 600 resolution screen, Android 2.3, 5MP rear & 2MP front camera, offline GPS and navigation, Bluetooth, WiFi, micro SD, micro USB, and stereo speakers.

But its a single core A8 processor, its not weak but just about ok.

And you would spend another 800 bucks to atleast get a 8GB card, even 10 GB would be too less for storing music.

I would recommend to get a laptop/netbook, as a tablet is somewhere between a smartphone and laptop but it cannot replace it.

Its good to use it when you want to browse net on the bed, sofa or on the move.

Take a laptop or an ipad 1st gen.the reason is i dont think you can just own a tablet,imho its too early for that.if you think you can extend your budget to 15 to 18 k than pick up a ipad 1.2nd best tablet around,after jailbreak it gets the ability to do most productive tasks.

my 1st preference is a laptop.

Hi..

for your needs you definitely don't need to go for a laptop..& in a <20k budget u'll get a weak-ass laptop as it is..i would suggest you consider buying a netbook..fits your listed requirements perfectly..so does a tablet..but then, again, the budget..also, the screen size may be a concern there..i'm sure you don't wish to be squinting at the screen watching a movie..so consider your options & see what suits you..you can find a number of intel atom powered netbooks in the market..starting from around 12k..

goodluck.

The equation is simple.

Content consumption => tablets

Content creation => netbooks or laptops with a software layer capable of that.

pauldmps said:

This tablet is already launched in India for 14,999/- for the 8GB version.

I am using an iPad and laptop, and will anyday suggest a Laptop more than a Tablet..

A tablet is just not enough.. Its great for Checking emails,occasional surfing, eBooks, music and Videos.. Thats it..

Whenever you want to type alot, you will need to get a Keyboard Dock etc..

Only pro is Greater battery Life..

Cons MANY to list..

Right now I use my iPad only for casual gaming, Music and Videos.. Occasionally

I use it once a week(If it helps you)

Back