Laptop WIFI card recommendations

Let me know how it goes. I contacted them some time back, their website shows various models for AX210 (like NGWG, NGWG.VX, NGWG.NVX, D2WG etc.,) I didn't know which one to buy and they were not very helpful.
So they replied asking for company info and IEC info. Looks like this wont pan out lol. Ive asked them if they could sell 2 or 3 units. If so we could find people to make a group purchase.

If anyone has observed, AE has deliberately chosen the most costliest shipping services for india... item costs is under 1k and shipping is 2.8-5.5k.
I wonder via which method will the seller ship..
yes, sellers although personally are shipping via hong kong post,sg post or malaysia post,sunon post air mail etc.

Just an update:
My TPLINK Archer T3U arrived. Its much more stable than my onboard wifi card. I feel my laptop is also running more smooth after switching OFF the internal Wifi.
Pro:
1. Stability (Highly noticeable difference)
2. Better Link speed 520Mbps TPLink vs 390Mbps Onboard
3. Better Upload speed (160Mbps TPLINK vs 100Mbps Onboard) at long distance from router.
4. Smoother laptop performance
Cons:
1. Inferior download speed (130Mbps TPLINK vs 170Mbps Onboard) at long distance from router

Hi OP,
I would suggest getting Intel 8265 or AX200. Now, USB Wi-Fi cards are an option, but I don't like to block my limited (2) USB ports. That being said, I till believe the main upgrade is Wi-Fi 6 with OFDMA, Wi-Fi 5 is marginally better than Wi-Fi 4.

Hi OP,
I would suggest getting Intel 8265 or AX200. Now, USB Wi-Fi cards are an option, but I don't like to block my limited (2) USB ports. That being said, I till believe the main upgrade is Wi-Fi 6 with OFDMA, Wi-Fi 5 is marginally better than Wi-Fi 4.

Does AX200 have this OFDMA? Or what about AX210??

If you can source it at a reasonable price, go for AX210. Wi-Fi 6E is superb in terms of standards, but then again they have a very slow adoption rate. You won't see the benefits until you get a router with that support. So adds additional costs on top of a card, and most public/non-home places will not spend on a 6E router out of the box :), For the next 1-2years at least will be AC will be the norm.

if you are buying a new one than opt for AX210 ,the price difference an performance on offer is great , wifi6e routers are blindingly expensive , but if you can be future proof.

the Technical side ,idk what laptop etc you own , but laptops design also include design of inbuilt antennae .Antennae are specifically designed by keeping in mind for which band they are going to work. So even though you get AX210 it might not work to its spec if antennae is not optimized for it . though AX210 will be backwards compatible .

Additionally indian trai/DOT have not delicensed 6GHz,60 ghz bands (that info was valid uptill DEC 2021) so ideally and technically it could be illegal to sell /use WIFI 6e in india (reason they dont want to unlicense those band they want to make money out of it).

Eventually they will have to :p unlicense it

if you are buying a new one than opt for AX210 ,the price difference an performance on offer is great , wifi6e routers are blindingly expensive , but if you can be future proof.

the Technical side ,idk what laptop etc you own , but laptops design also include design of inbuilt antennae .Antennae are specifically designed by keeping in mind for which band they are going to work. So even though you get AX210 it might not work to its spec if antennae is not optimized for it . though AX210 will be backwards compatible .

Additionally indian trai/DOT have not delicensed 6GHz,60 ghz bands (that info was valid uptill DEC 2021) so ideally and technically it could be illegal to sell /use WIFI 6e in india (reason they dont want to unlicense those band they want to make money out of it).

Eventually they will have to :p unlicense it

Damn there are layers here too..i thought its just plug n play. Btw the laptop is a hp victus 5800h 3060 model.

Is this the reason why AX210 is not officially sold in India?

Is this the reason why AX210 is not officially sold in India?
i doubt that. india is cost conscious country and labour is cheap as well .having intel ax 210 could be a luxury and if you check the prices of wifi6e routers they could be equivalent to one emi .So intel doesnt think we are worth it + our heavy import duties .the ones that are being sold on aliexpress bangood are tray versions which actually cost very less and the seller actually makes a handsome profit
Damn there are layers here too..i thought its just plug n play. Btw the laptop is a hp victus 5800h 3060 model.
your laptop specsheet does say wifi 6

1650650177585.png

you can definitelty go for wifi 6 i.e intel ax 201 or something ,there wont be an issue ith wifi6e as well

Last edited:
Hi I just bought a HP VICTUS 3060 model. It comes with a realtek wifi card which I heard has shoddy performance. Looking for recommendations on which one to buy and from where.
Also open to questions about the laptop and if it's any good.
Thanks in advance :)
Any luck in finding an Intel card for reasonable price in India?

You can still get it from amazon, I saw some fenvi or ubit wifi 6e cards, only problem is its imported and hence costs around 6.5k

Back