Latest AMD Ryzen 2 processors and X470 chipset motherboards have been launched!

Can you summarize the difference between those RAM models?

Also anyone know when the bios update for that 3200MHz support would come?

Also this ^ too

I would suggest the Seasonic M12II models over the TX-M. M12II models are all fully modular. In case you dont know there are two affordable models, 520W and 620W. Not sure about the prices. Tirupati aftersales is also pretty good. We helped someone on this forum RMA'd his Seasonic PSU. Corsair aftersales in Delhi is also reliable.
Bios updates will take few weeks maybe. The Ryzen refresh launch has been much better than the old Ryzen launch. More rams are compatible this time.
Seasonic M12II models are tier 3, it's best to buy tier 1 or 2. I have used the Seasonic M12II previously with my old AMD FX 8350 build, they are good but tier 3 :)

Haha M12II is tier 3 but other Seasonic's own OEMs is tier 1. Right :p
I do agree on the pricing though. They have been increasing slowly but steadily.

Yes, that's why the Seasonic Prices are inflated! Why doesn't someone notify Seasonic about this issue, they are losing customers this way! Seasonic supplies parts to Corsair, they and EVGA makes very good quality power supplies. Also before buying Power supply go through the tier list here : https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/
Always buy Tier 1 or 2.

I would we wary buying anything manufactured by cwt. Had a 1200W thermaltake branded cwt which was gold rated (in the days where gold was the most efficient psu available) die on me. All corsairs barring the AXi are CWT platform.

Since then have bought a variety of seasonics (6 of them in various rigs) and have never had any issue.

Yes, that's why the Seasonic Prices are inflated! Why doesn't someone notify Seasonic about this issue, they are losing customers this way! Seasonic supplies parts to Corsair, they and EVGA makes very good quality power supplies. Also before buying Power supply go through the tier list here : https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/
Always buy Tier 1 or 2.[DOUBLEPOST=1524930424][/DOUBLEPOST]The G Skill ripjaws V 3200Mhz is good ram right? I had to buy what was available at the time of buying other parts.
Seasonic is not serious about Indian market. That list is a good reference point but also look for individual reviews for the PSU you're buying. Ripjwas V comes with either Samsung or Hynix chip. You can check which chip you got by using HWinfo.

Haha M12II is tier 3 but other Seasonic's own OEMs is tier 1. Right :p
I do agree on the pricing though. They have been increasing slowly but steadily.
If you look at the list you can see many of the Seasonic's own models listed in Tier 1 but none of them are available in india.

I would we wary buying anything manufactured by cwt. Had a 1200W thermaltake branded cwt which was gold rated (in the days where gold was the most efficient psu available) die on me. All corsairs barring the AXi are CWT platform.

Since then have bought a variety of seasonics (6 of them in various rigs) and have never had any issue.
Corsair has an in house team of PSU engineers who not only make changes to the CWT platform but also help design them. So its not stock CWT if that is what you are worried about.

Seasonic is not serious about Indian market. That list is a good reference point but also look for individual reviews for the PSU you're buying. Ripjwas V comes with either Samsung or Hynix chip. You can check which chip you got by using HWinfo.

If you look at the list you can see many of the Seasonic's own models listed in Tier 1 but none of them are available in india.

Corsair has an in house team of PSU engineers who not only make changes to the CWT platform but also help design them. So its not stock CWT if that is what you are worried about.
I just checked my Ram with HWInfo it's a samsung chip. It's better than Hynix right? How do i make sure that i get this exact ram with samsung chip when buying more memory?
What is CWT never heard of them before.

Seasonic Platinum is available locally. I'm running on in my main PC. Bought it for around 16k. You can also buy the antec hi current pro/gamer which are seasonic OEM and much better than the corsair PSUs.

The guy who rated those doesn't have a clue about power supplies or works for corsair. CX, CS, CSm etc are all manufactured by Great Wall (a horrible oem with known issues in soldering quality) and have terrible terrible components including chinese caps like teapo. He's putting them higher than a Seasonic S12 II which while group regulated and an older design has all japanese (rubycon/nichicon) capacitors. The first thing that fails in a power supply are the caps and mechanical linkages such as switches. The efficiency of a few percent between bronze and gold/platinum is immaterial.

He's rated the toughpower 1200W grand as tier 1 which is exactly the power supply that failed in my case. I'd take this list with kilograms of salt. Also it doesn't matter that corsair has an in house team of PSU engineers. They were good when they used Seasonic as their oem earlier. To cut costs and increase margins, they moved to CWT/Great Wall. Its now the bean counters at work not any engineers. If you check corsair forums, there are loads of horror stories about their power supplies.

The only power supply worth buying from corsair is the AXi series that is manufactured by Flextronics.

I just checked my Ram with HWInfo it's a samsung chip. It's better than Hynix right? How do i make sure that i get this exact ram with samsung chip when buying more memory?

HWINFO misreports the chips most of the time. The only reliable one is thaipoon burner. Also there's fat chance of getting Samsung B-die unless you are buying 3200 ram rated at 14-14-14 or higher clocked ram.

CWT = Channel Well Tech. They manufacture most corsair power supplies - RMx/HX etc.

Seasonic Platinum is available locally. I'm running on in my main PC. Bought it for around 16k. You can also buy the antec hi current pro/gamer which are seasonic OEM and much better than the corsair PSUs.

The guy who rated those doesn't have a clue about power supplies or works for corsair. CX, CS, CSm etc are all manufactured by Great Wall (a horrible oem with known issues in soldering quality) and have terrible terrible components including chinese caps like teapo. He's putting them higher than a Seasonic S12 II which while group regulated and an older design has all japanese (rubycon/nichicon) capacitors. The first thing that fails in a power supply are the caps and mechanical linkages such as switches. The efficiency of a few percent between bronze and gold/platinum or the

He's rated the toughpower 1200W grand as tier 1 which is exactly the power supply that failed in my case. I'd take this list with kilograms of salt. Also it doesn't matter that corsair has an in house team of PSU engineers. They were good when they used Seasonic as their oem earlier. To cut costs and increase margins, they moved to CWT/Great Wall. Its now the bean counters at work not any engineers. If you check corsair forums, there are loads of horror stories about their power supplies.

The only power supply worth buying from corsair is the AXi series that is manufactured by Flextronics.
Good to know this issue. I will buy Seasonic then, planning to buy in the 2nd week of next month. Can you and others please recommend a good power supply between 6 to 8 thousand rupees.

Yes, Samsung is better than Hynix. You can check the memory chip by going to the memory support page of your Mobo manufacturer. CWT is a PSU manufacturer like Seasonic, Super Flower etc. Some of their PSUs are really bad especially the Thermaltake ones some of them are really good like Corsair RMx, RMi, HX etc. Look for reviews and you are safe.

Last edited:
Yes, Samsung is better than Hynix. You can check the memory chip by going to the memory support page of your Mobo manufacturer. CWT is a PSU manufacturer like Seasonic, Super Flower etc. Some of their PSUs are really bad especially the Thermaltake ones some of them are really good like Corsair RM, RMx, RMi, HX etc. Look for reviews and you are safe.
Great! Thank you.

The guy who rated those doesn't have a clue about power supplies or works for corsair. CX, CS, CSm etc are all manufactured by Great Wall (a horrible oem with known issues in soldering quality) and have terrible terrible components including chinese caps like teapo. He's putting them higher than a Seasonic S12 II which while group regulated and an older design has all japanese (rubycon/nichicon) capacitors. The first thing that fails in a power supply are the caps and mechanical linkages such as switches. The efficiency of a few percent between bronze and gold/platinum is immaterial.

Already bought a Corsair RM650X. It earned editors recommendation at tom's hardware. The components used are of high quality. I had no idea that the tier list existed and I agree that list is not very reliable. I have gone through numerous reviews and from what I have gathered, the top 3 650W PSUs are EVGA Supernova 650 P2, Corsair RM650X and Seasonic prime 650W titanium. Since the other two are not available in India, I got the Corsair. Currently it’s connected to a low end PC for testing and working fine. I think Corsair is confident in the PSU that is why they offered 10 Years of warranty. And 16K for PSU no, thank you.

Last edited:
Already bought a Corsair RM650X. It earned editors recommendation at tom's hardware. The components used are of high quality. I had no idea that the tier list existed and I agree that list is not very reliable. I have gone through numerous reviews and from what I have gathered, the top 3 650W PSUs are EVGA Supernova 650 P2, Corsair RM650X and Seasonic prime 650W titanium. Since the other two are not available in India, I got the Corsair. Currently it’s connected to a low end PC for testing and working fine. I think Corsair is confident in the PSU that is why they offered 10 Years of warranty. And 16K for PSU no, thank you.
Yes, power supply for a single card setup upto 8K is fine.

Yes, power supply for a single card setup upto 8K is fine.
I would still recommend the Corsair RM650X. It is priced aggressively, the Indian pricing is really close to US pricing and it uses Japanese Caps by chemi-con. You already own a Corsair VS650, which is considered a bad PSU and probably uses some Chinese caps, but it didn't die on you so chances of RM650X dying on you is really slim. Check the review here- https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-rm650x-psu,4611.html

Yes this one has great specs, also available here : https://mdcomputers.in/seasonic-650...d-ssr-650rt.html?search=S12G&description=true
Between S12G and RM650X which one is better.
Out of stock there. As I mentioned, I do not trust any channelwell(CWT) built psu.

This is a really good psu for the money
https://mdcomputers.in/antec-850-watt-80-plus-gold-fully-modular-hcg-850.html

Review:
https://www.eteknix.com/antec-hcg-850w-gold-modular-power-supply-review/

Last edited:
How do you trust an online tier listing when you haven't even heard of the OEM's? :|
Anyway while I'm on it I just want to add, don't simply trust a popular opinion especially on PSU's/Audio products even if it's reviewed or rated by a well-known guy/site. You don't know if the said person/site works for a company which manufactures those products (FYI, JonnyGuru worked for Corsair last I remembered). Read reviews, just don't blindly trust them. Especially PSU tier listing. There is also something called "fan-brigading", this is very prominent in international tech forums. Very very popular thing. Reddit is a classic example of this.
If I were to make my own tier I would put the Seasonic M12II in Tier 1.5 and the TX-M in tier 2 and get whichever is cheaper. Just my own opinion of course, like everyone else who made those tiers.
Also it seems that Corsair introduced new TX-M PSU's with more warranty. If we are talking about warranty even Cooler Master new Master PSU's (not all though) comes with 5 years warranty when other PSU's in the same price range have only 2-3 years of warranty. And CM is well known for making crappy lower-entry PSU's. Their new Master series are not any different. If I really want a CM PSU I would go for the V-series (if they are still available).
So in the end, for me, reliability is more important than warranty and 5 years is good enough for me. Besides, the Seasonic M12II is also fully-modular while the TX-M is semi-modular. The Bronze, Gold and Platinum efficiency is important yes but it doesn't affect me as much.
I do fully agree on the pricing. It seems that Tirupati, knowing how good and popular the Seasonic PSU's are, are trying to make the maximum profit out of that.
Hope that clears up my choice on the PSU's.

PS: please don't take the distributors words to heart. I've personally met some of the big guys in the Indian market and they always say some shit or others against their competition. One time I even had to debate and later personally debunk their claims in their head-office. It was a very weird experience.

Last edited:
I have asked my sister in US in to order the 2700X for me. Will get it here by around mid of may or third week.

Still confused about the RAM selection. I can get that too from US, but doesn't seem to make a lot of sense of they are available locally without too much difference in price. 32 GB kits seem to be in the 30-35k range. These are currently my options.

https://www.amazon.com/G-SKILL-TridentZ-288-Pin-Desktop-F4-3200C14D-32GTZR
https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-PC4-25600-Systems-CMR32GX4M4C3200C16/dp/B071WP78NP/

https://www.primeabgb.com/online-pr...3200mhz-32gb-ddr4-led-ram-f4-3200c15d-32gtzr/
https://mdcomputers.in/corsair-vengeance-rgb-32gb-ddr4-dram-3333mhz-cmr32gx4m4c3333c16.html

If 4 x 8GB is not a problem, I will get a 16GB kit now and add another 16GB later, but otherwise, I can afford 32GB too.

Reliability is a never ending debate. It's not easy to judge, even Seasonic PSUs fail. In addition, there is a chance that you might get a PSU which is Dead on arrival. Even if the PSU fails, you can RMA it within warranty period. With that being said, you can't go wrong with any of the PSUs mentioned in this thread.

I have asked my sister in US in to order the 2700X for me. Will get it here by around mid of may or third week.

Still confused about the RAM selection. I can get that too from US, but doesn't seem to make a lot of sense of they are available locally without too much difference in price. 32 GB kits seem to be in the 30-35k range. These are currently my options.

https://www.amazon.com/G-SKILL-TridentZ-288-Pin-Desktop-F4-3200C14D-32GTZR
https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-PC4-25600-Systems-CMR32GX4M4C3200C16/dp/B071WP78NP/

https://www.primeabgb.com/online-pr...3200mhz-32gb-ddr4-led-ram-f4-3200c15d-32gtzr/
https://mdcomputers.in/corsair-vengeance-rgb-32gb-ddr4-dram-3333mhz-cmr32gx4m4c3333c16.html

If 4 x 8GB is not a problem, I will get a 16GB kit now and add another 16GB later, but otherwise, I can afford 32GB too.
Which Mobo you're getting ?

Back