Latest AMD Ryzen 2 processors and X470 chipset motherboards have been launched!

Is it advisable to get the RAM from US? I can see that local availability is flaky for the 2 x 16GB kits.
Yes. Rma maybe headache but then I never faced issues with stuff bought from USA. And it will be cost effective if some one brings it. Ppo or similar services will kill the deal.

Well, me neither. I have imported from both US and UK in the past and didn't have issues. But they are both under 20k cost.

My sister is coming from US this month and I am already getting the 2700X from there. Only need to decide whether to get RAM or not. She has a bestbuy nearby and it might be possible to get the RAM tested, but they don't have any brands other than Corsair Vengenace RGB in 2 x 16GB, 3200MHz which is available for $406. If I go the Amazon.com route for GSkill, the availability is flaky and I can see most of the TridentZ RGB RAM's listed for $500-$550 etc.

In India, I can only see this in stock

https://mdcomputers.in/g-skill-trident-z-rgb-f4-3600c17d-32gtzr.html

Well, me neither. I have imported from both US and UK in the past and didn't have issues. But they are both under 20k cost.

My sister is coming from US this month and I am already getting the 2700X from there. Only need to decide whether to get RAM or not. She has a bestbuy nearby and it might be possible to get the RAM tested, but they don't have any brands other than Corsair Vengenace RGB in 2 x 16GB, 3200MHz which is available for $406. If I go the Amazon.com route for GSkill, the availability is flaky and I can see most of the TridentZ RGB RAM's listed for $500-$550 etc.

In India, I can only see this in stock

https://mdcomputers.in/g-skill-trident-z-rgb-f4-3600c17d-32gtzr.html
I don't think you can check ram in store.

Yes, the price is insane compared to what I spent for 16GB GSkill DDR3 RAM about 7 years back, but I will probably get this. Checked on Amazon.com as well and the price difference is not too big @ 33K and was being sold by some third party seller.

Only thing I want to know is if there are any RMA centers for GSkill in Hyderabad.[DOUBLEPOST=1525330063][/DOUBLEPOST]Looks like they don't have any shipping insurance either. Also, no information on who is the warranty provider.

Last edited:
I talked to MD computers today. The lady who took my call couldn't tell me where I can avail the warranty. She said that G.Skill has 10 years warranty and I can approach their service centers, but doesn't know where the service centers are.

Isn't Gskill aftersales services managed by Acro? Many of the products distribution (and i believe the services too) of tier 1 companies are done by them.

There are 3 distributors, Acro, PrimeABGB and Tirupathi and I am not sure if any of them accept the product imported by another.
Are you picking up proccy from USA ?
Right now newegg has 2600 @ $199 on eBay and there is 15% discount running now. So tempted to buy but no one coming till June July.

Yes, 2700X already ordered in US. My sister is visiting at the end of this month. Every time, I get a few things from there when she visits, but she is traveling with just a small hand baggage this time and has very limited quota to carry apart from her own stuff. I already have a Audio Technica AD700X ordered there some time back and this CPU is the other thing. I also wanted to add a pack of RAM, but could not decide on that due to the risk involved and poor availability even in US.

The other stuff, I am planning to get locally.

For motherboard, mostly decided on the Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 WiFi unless the Asrock boards also show up here. The Crosshair Hero 7 seems to gave way too many RAM support issues presently
For CPU cooler, I am planning for an Liquid AIO Either the Corsair H115i Pro or the Corsiar H150i Pro or anything else that is better and available in Indian market.
I am also planning to buy the Thermaltake Core X9 for chassis. I don't see any way of getting a better cube chassis in India.

Rest of the stuff, from my existing rig. I wanted to get a NVMe SSD (Samsung 960 series) as well, but given the cost for 512GB, I might just use my existing Sandisk Extreme Pro.480GB for now.

I Checked with Prime also, They quoted 38k for F4-3600C17D-32GTZR and said that it will take 7-10 days once money is paid. As for warranty, they say it has to be sent back to them directly. Too much hassle.

I have used GSKILL DDRR2 RAM bought from US in the past without issues and even now using 4 x 4GB of GSKILL RIPJAWS DDR3 for the last 7 years without issues

Did you ask why has it to be sent back to them. I find that funny. Are they importing from Gray sources
I Checked with Prime also, They quoted 38k for F4-3600C17D-32GTZR and said that it will take 7-10 days once money is paid. As for warranty, they say it has to be sent back to them directly. Too much hassle.

I have used GSKILL DDRR2 RAM bought from US in the past without issues and even now using 4 x 4GB of GSKILL RIPJAWS DDR3 for the last 7 years without issues

They are one of the distributor for GSKILL and the other two distributors probably won't accept it for returns.

I wonder when India would see an end to this middleman system and we have to suffer because of this. If I cant give the RAM for RMA locally, what good is it buying in India.

Hmmm yes. I was distri for asus, dfi and amd way back in 2005. We would not accept boards sold by rashi peripherals.
The vendor has to have his rma center in place like asus has now.

They are one of the distributor for GSKILL and the other two distributors probably won't accept it for returns.

I wonder when India would see an end to this middleman system and we have to suffer because of this. If I cant give the RAM for RMA locally, what good is it buying in India.
Don't forget Crucial RMA man. Some sites sell their products with "warranty" but they need to be sent to Europe (?) by the customers themselves. Best would be if these sites stop claiming like there's RMA services here. It's the same as importing ourselves.

Why not go for 2 X 8 GB and then add another 16 GB later. There is nothing to be gain by using 2 X 16 sticks. This should give you an idea http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-ryzen-single-rank-versus-dual-rank-ddr4-memory-performance_192960

Back