Lava Lamps..... anyone??

jrego5 said:
Which all colours are the lamps available in ?
I have not yet received any official word from either of the sellers.....

Once I have sufficient info, same would be updated here.

:)

jrego5 said:
In musafir khanna,there are only two shops tht used to vend lava lamps at 300 and 600 rupess respectively,but the new age ones (Lava Lite Electroplasma Lamp, Black) are not available on the streets of mumbai.Anyone care to give more info on the same?
U got PM.....

Please help me if possible..... Thanx.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dark.lord.rules said:
So thats what a lava lamp looks like :p ... if the price is within 500 ..... im also in for one :)
Check Post # 1

Lolzzz

nehaladsul said:
Can sumone from Mumbai guide me about this Musafirkhana place?? Even I stay @ Mumbai but I have never been to this place before.......
I was in musafirkhana two weeks ago. Bought the biggest plasma globe available for 350. Musafirkhanna is beside manish market. 5min walk from masjid station. 20min walk from CST. As you enter MK(assuming you are on the road - the one between radio restaurant and madina bldg
wink.gif
), walk straight for 2min till you find this novelty store. It is a makeshift and not big at all. Everything looks the same so i cannot specify a landmark.

Sadly, there were only two plasma globes available with him that day. I asked for a lava lamp but he said he was out of stock.

broadway said:
I was in musafirkhana two weeks ago. Bought the biggest plasma globe available for 350. Musafirkhanna is beside manish market. 5min walk from masjid station. 20min walk from CST. As you enter MK(assuming you are on the road - the one between radio restaurant and madina bldg
wink.gif
), walk straight for 2min till you find this novelty store. It is a makeshift and not big at all. Everything looks the same so i cannot specify a landmark.

Sadly, there were only two plasma globes available with him that day. I asked for a lava lamp but he said he was out of stock.
Thanx for the guidelines..... But u sure gave some bad news...... :(

At least try talking to the guy. Im sure he can arrange these things in time. Besides, im sure there are more stores in that place that sell lava lamps as someone of this thread has mentioned.

Praks said:
@OP

Dont much like Lava lamps... Looking for this item - eBay India: LED Colour Changing Wax Candles - Best Deal Ever! (item 260646210516 end time 10-Aug-2010 13:22:21 IST)

LED Colour Changing Wax Candles - It was for 300 Rs, If you can get the same deal, I can take 4 :)

Think of IC on this buddy.
Well actually, that item is pretty much mundane..... Sorry..... But really..... Even I can make one like that by purchasing some LED's, resistors, a micro switch & batteries. In fact, one can even skip the resistor.

In brief, take a candle with a sufficiently thick diameter (about 2.5 inch thick).
Hollow out the top & bottom parts of the candle in such manner that the two holes don't meet at the center i.e. u leave a thin layer of wax between both the top & bottom hollows.
Lower hollow should be about 2 to 2.2 inch in diameter. Use a precision knife.
Now, get a tea-light candle, easily available in stores. Place the tea-light candle in the top hollow. Buy the tea-light candle first & then make the top hollow to fit it accordingly.....!!!
Connect the Colour Changing LED, the microswitch & the batteries (1.5v x 3 button cells) together. Hope u don't need a circuit diagram for this.....!!!
Fit the batteries, the LED & the switch in the lower hollow.

Switch on the LED, light the tea-light candle & VIOLA, u have what u wanted for around 50 bucks max.

Agreed that this might not be very decent & could even look a bit crude when examined closely...... But then, I have never done this..... When I saw the link & read the product description, I realized that making one won't be that difficult & just posted the 1st technique that came to my mind..... pls don't mind!!! :p

Alternatively, u can message the ebay seller & ask him to relist the product for you. I for one would never buy that candle for 300 rupees.....!!!
;)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

broadway said:
At least try talking to the guy. Im sure he can arrange these things in time. Besides, im sure there are more stores in that place that sell lava lamps as someone of this thread has mentioned.
Sure I'll do that.... Thanx....

Also, do they have reasonable prices or is one supposed to bargain?? I suck at bargaining..... :(

^^ Thank you :)

I am not electronics geeks so would prefer to spend 300 on this one rather then taking headache of all alien components.

Praks said:
^^ Thank you :)

I am not electronics geeks so would prefer to spend 300 on this one rather then taking headache of all alien components.
Dnt worry.... Once I get there, if I see that candle u want, I'll inquire about the price & let u know.....

Happy?? :)

^^ jrego5 is a bit busy this week & the suppliers I contacted have not replied......

I too want my lamp as soon as possible but things are not shaping up....

:(

Back