Video LCD / LED TV - Minimum 46".......Over to you guys

^^It seems it is my fate not to get a soon. I am now thinking of getting my 20k from the dealer back and do what...wait. Wait for something else to buy. What else have you zeroed down to ??? And can you let me know about its negatives and some links if you have. I am little short of knowledge on all this :S

Btw i suppose the old PS3 is something that they will be giving. Whatever it is, TV is more important for me.

1.I have almost finalized on the 46B650....around 90k.

2.The LED got flickering/ghosting/clouding problems when watching dark scenes in dark environment and considering that it is still an LCD panel only whose CCFL tubes are replaced by LED, its nothing much to pay that much premium for.6 and 7 series LCDs are the best of the LCD lot, and 7 series is not much of an improvement over 6 series rather than some software and internet updates.

3.Its the PS3 SLIM i think and the when i asked the dealer on the irony of Samsung selling Sony consoles, he was like "They are manufacturing panels for Sony, so in turn, Sony may be providing consoles at discounted rates to them as gratitude + its an awesome way to increase the userbase dramatically"

raksrules said:
^^It seems it is my fate not to get a soon. I am now thinking of getting my 20k from the dealer back and do what...wait. Wait for something else to buy. What else have you zeroed down to ??? And can you let me know about its negatives and some links if you have. I am little short of knowledge on all this :S
Btw i suppose the old PS3 is something that they will be giving. Whatever it is, TV is more important for me.

well just for the info sony has already registered its 2010 models in singapore governement quality standards ,so the new 2010 models will be available in march in the grey market and by may officialy.
the new models will be called
BX300(replacment for T series 26" and 32") 32" priced at 20k or below in rest of asia or in the grey market,expect it to cost 26k in india officialy.
EX300(replacement for S series 32" and upwards).
EX400(replacement for V series 32" and upwards)
NX500(EDGE LED starts from 32" and upwards replacement of W series)
these models are going to initialy launched.

with the high end models launching in july to october
,LX800 (3D capable,edge led,replacement for Z series)
HX900(3D capable,local dimming LED,replacement for X series)

RedBull said:
1.I have almost finalized on the 46B650....around 90k.

2.The LED got flickering/ghosting/clouding problems when watching dark scenes in dark environment and considering that it is still an LCD panel only whose CCFL tubes are replaced by LED, its nothing much to pay that much premium for.6 and 7 series LCDs are the best of the LCD lot, and 7 series is not much of an improvement over 6 series rather than some software and internet updates.
LED or CCFL can flicker due to insufficient voltage going to them or a a crappy PWM circuit.LEDs are infact more immune to flickering,only drawback of LEDs are its narrow viewing angle,so they need optics to diffuse the light.
ghosting has nothing to do with LED or CCFL.
clouding again has nothing to do with CCFL or LED,which again is amplified by fan boys or people in US who know that they can return the tv anytime,most often who are hunting for the defect,which mostly can only be seen in the night with no ambient light.
3.Its the PS3 SLIM i think and the when i asked the dealer on the irony of Samsung selling Sony consoles, he was like "They are manufacturing panels for Sony, so in turn, Sony may be providing consoles at discounted rates to them as gratitude + its an awesome way to increase the userbase dramatically"
sony uses samsung tech under licence for some of its tv models,sony still manfactures its own panels in the 8g S lcd production facility,with their own color filter,backlight and external layers.

@ adder: phew, u had to say that na? Now am in double confusion right now....for 90k, which one should I go for - UE40B6000 or LA46B650?

@ raksrules: sorry for highjacking ur thread mate...but hopefully this should help u in ur decision too.

Yea, confusion will be there esp since u r investing such a high amount but actually, there is no point in playing the waiting game.Get the best tech of the time within the budget and be happy with it.

Did u check ebay for the 46" UEB6000?

raksrules said:
@adder
But they will be mostly priced at ridiculous rates. :-(
well thats what everyone said when the 09 models were launched,but thats not true, lcds are getting cheaper by the month,so are the LEDs emitters.
take for eg the new sony MRP prices in the US are lower then the MRP price of the 09 models.
the new sony B series for eg is cheaper then the outgoing T series.
its basicaly the same with other manufactures.

RedBull said:
@ adder: phew, u had to say that na? Now am in double confusion right now....for 90k, which one should I go for - UE40B6000 or LA46B650?
both are of different sizes,which itself is subjective decision.but b/w the two i would opt for the 46B650.

@Redbull

Are you able to find the B650 in local shops ?? I was told here in Mumbai that it is not available :S

Also they were saying that more people are buying LED LCD as the price difference between the B650 and B6000 is not thing big relatively.

What are you gonna get and when ??

@adder

Would you still advocate my decision to get the Samsung UA46B6000 assuming i get a good deal. I am really not interested in that bundled PS3 which i am sure will jack the price of the TV to like 1.2 to 1.25 Lakh :mad:

Else if i am to go for this TV only then i would have to do away with the PS3 by selling it on TE :)

raksrules said:
@Redbull

Are you able to find the B650 in local shops ?? I was told here in Mumbai that it is not available :S

Also they were saying that more people are buying LED LCD as the price difference between the B650 and B6000 is not thing big relatively.

What are you gonna get and when ??

Am trying to get a 46" B650 from ebay mate....since i can claim warranty locally.Thats the only place i can find the model in stock.

Also, my absolute max budget is 90-92k whereby a 40" 6 series LED is the limit but can get 6 more inches with the B650 for the same budget.but since u can extend budget a bit to say 1.1lak,and if u can get the LED 46" for that price , that should be ur choice i think.

also,plz check this video review for the 40B6000.

Code:
http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Samsung-UE40B6000VW-LED-LCD-TV-Review.html

^^ Did you find any link on ebay for the TV you are looking for ??? Because i did not :S

Also my minimum requirement is 46" so 40" one would really not suffice.

^^ This one lists at 97k :O

Any idea about its price in the market currently ??

I see that the item location is Mumbai so supposedly if i know the address of brick and mortar store then i can go and check it out.

@adder

Samsung UA46B6000 or Samsung LA46B650

Edit: I just called the contact number on ebay and talked with that guy. He said that they deal online only and do not have a physical store. That guy himself suggested me to wait for some time (March) and said that LED LCD TV rates will depreciate by 30%.

raksrules said:
^^ This one lists at 97k :O
Any idea about its price in the market currently ??

I see that the item location is Mumbai so supposedly if i know the address of brick and mortar store then i can go and check it out.

@adder
Samsung UA46B6000 or Samsung LA46B650

Edit: I just called the contact number on ebay and talked with that guy. He said that they deal online only and do not have a physical store. That guy himself suggested me to wait for some time (March) and said that LED LCD TV rates will depreciate by 30%.

U can always negotiate a bit and round the pricing to 90k mate....:eek:hyeah: and yea, current market pricing is also similar but no availability ANYWHERE.

and whats the quote u got for the 46B6000? If its decent, go for it mate....
since when the new C series comes out, u won't be looking at B series for purchase however low it will be. and most probably, C series pricing will be a tad high initially.Finally, when it takes a dip, D series will be here.

Just my 2 cents, its ur cash in the end.:eek:hyeah:

^^ Yes that is the main problem. I forgot to ask him about that price of UA46B6000. I always wanted to go for that only. It is obvious that costs are gonna come down but that is true for all electronic products.

The showroom guy (from where i was gonna buy) told me that if i am getting 46B6000 at a good price (from somewhere else) then i should go ahead and buy as when samsung comes out with this combo offer it will be difficult to have a better pricing because of mandatory bundled PS3. He will be telling me the revised price (if any) of the TV and what offer it carries.

Will update here then.

Btw how are you supposed negotiate through ebay :S

raksrules said:

Most probably lot of tax rebate coming for lcd tv and govt pushing it as it consume less power...plus this year will be the start of new generation of tv

3D coming on tv so in order to prepare for it and company doesnt have huge stock of inventories might reduce price to clear stock rather than make a loss later

@raksrules
if u can sell the ps3 in the market u can get the b6000.
or u can wait for 2010 models ,u will either find them either cheaper or the existing models will be even cheaper.

^^ Yup me too considering that only. If the revised price of the TV (less PS3) fits my budget then will go for that.

Btw what would be the MRP of a new PS3 slim ??

Back