Video LCD / LED TV - Minimum 46".......Over to you guys

I just contacted one Mayur Electronics in Mumbai and asked him about the Samsung TVs. He said that X-Box (dont know which variant) is what being offered with the LED TV and price is around 1.35 Lakh (same as what they kept with that LCD offer). He said that the X-Box cannot be removed from the deal so he is going to see if a workaround is possible wherein he can sell the X-Box and less that much price for me.

What is the price of a X-Box console and do they come in different variants and if yes then what is their price ?

On a personal note, i do not need any gaming console as of now so if it is a mandatory deal i am really not interested.

It will most probably be an Arcade console mate....which retails for around 15k max. and like i had mentioned last time and according to what i was told by a dealer, to prevent dealers rolling and selling the freeware,Samsung has started billing the thing in the customer's name only and is delivered directly from HO.

but, if the dealer is having good contacts, he maybe able to get u a deal without the console but still, i dont think it will be coming any lower than 1.1L without any bundled freeware.

So, most probably, within the 1L budget, the best choices from Samsung for u will be 46" B650 or 40" B6000 .

^^ In that case what earlier deal i had got was better at 1.03L for the UA46B6000.

If the cost goes to 1.1L without freebies i am out of it.

Rest as you mentioned another option is B650 but availability is the issue.

raksrules said:
^^ In that case what earlier deal i had got was better at 1.03L for the UA46B6000.

yep, obviously that is an awesome deal...what happened to it now?

EDIT: The best deals i could find was 90k for the 40B6000(without any freebie) locally and 92k for 46B650 at ebay. Now 40" to 46" accounts for an increase in a viewing area of 33% !!!! :drool2: :drool2: with 95% similar PQ.

^^Actually before the year end, i did a research on this and got quotes from mutiple dealers in Mumbai ranging from 1.03L to 1.15L without freebies. But the dealer who gave me the lowest quotes happened to be nearest to my home and so i payed 20k advance and booked it. He said that since it is year end, the dealer billing is closed from samsung end and will resume after 5-6 January. So at that time when i enquired he told me about unavailability of stock and told me about some new offer (which i already know now courtesy another dealer). But i will still be asking him all this to that other dealer tomorrow and try to see if he can remove the freebies.

Ok Guys another update

I again asked the shopkeeper and he said that the Samsung UA46B6000 will be available for 1.21L-1.22L with XBOX 360. He does know the variant of it but mentioned that the box says mrp of 16900 rupees. What can this be ?? He also says that it will come with additional games of 4000 Rupees. I am noob with X box so no idea about it. If someone can enlighten.

But then he offered something else fo grey. He said that i could buy the Sony Z series 46" for 1.14 L in grey (he said he can supposedly reduce it further but not sure).

Now what should i do ???

raksrules said:
Ok Guys another update

I again asked the shopkeeper and he said that the Samsung UA46B6000 will be available for 1.21L-1.22L with XBOX 360. He does know the variant of it but mentioned that the box says mrp of 16900 rupees. What can this be ?? He also says that it will come with additional games of 4000 Rupees. I am noob with X box so no idea about it. If someone can enlighten.

But then he offered something else fo grey. He said that i could buy the Sony Z series 46" for 1.14 L in grey (he said he can supposedly reduce it further but not sure).

Now what should i do ???

the sony Z series is equivalent to the samsung B750.these tvs as u know can show 1080lines of motion resolution.they also will give u that extra pop in animated movies or movies created in CGI.
but then again the Z price is good only if u buy it via grey.

I just comfirmed to that guy. He told it is the z550a model. So considering the samsung led and this sony z series lcd which should i opt for?
Any one knows where in Mumbai i can have a look at sony z550a

@adder

How is the upsclaing ability of the Sony LCD TV ??

^^Yup waiting for adder to give his inputs.

My options now rest on these

Samsung UA46B6000 - 1.21L (with X Box (17k) and games(4k) bundled totalling 21k, will have to sell of this)

Sony Bravia KLV-46Z550A - 1.14L (Grey Market) / Retail price checked on ezone is 1.6L

I am expecting further reduction (not substantial) in the Bravia.

So now what should i buy ???

PS: The dealer where i have paid advance (not the grey one) is pushing for Samsung (obviously since he does not have sony and he loses on business) and says that you can get defective piece in grey :fear: I am confused now ???

If he is willing to sell the TV for around 1L without the console/games,do lemme know too...

raksrules said:
PS: The dealer where i have paid advance (not the grey one) is pushing for Samsung (obviously since he does not have sony and he loses on business) and says that you can get defective piece in grey :fear: I am confused now ???

na,the odds of getting a damaged piece is almost similar to buying retail AFAIK....but if the piece develops some problem after 2 days of usage, u r left stranded.It is very rare,that an LCD develops damage within the first year of usage but nevertheless, its the risk u have to take for the premium u gain from grey market.

like i said before SD is slightly better on the sonys.
the disadvantage in buying from grey is u get no warranty.
but their are plenty of advantages,before buying u can actualy inspect the particular lcd that u are buying for dead pixels,clouding and even the panel used.but in the showroom purchase one can never know how is the tv until it reaches ur place.

^^Thats the problem. He himself is not willing to sell without console. He says that i have to sell it myself.

My focus is shifting now to the Sony Z series. I will be doing some research on this weekend and will buy (this or next weekend).

adder said:
like i said before SD is slightly better on the sonys.
the disadvantage in buying from grey is u get no warranty.
but their are plenty of advantages,before buying u can actualy inspect the particular lcd that u are buying for dead pixels,clouding and even the panel used.but in the showroom purchase one can never know how is the tv until it reaches ur place.

@adder

Please suggest some tips on how i should test the TV before i buy from the shop ?? Consider i am going for the Z series sony.
Btw i read the specs of TV and they sure are impressive. Can you let us know how would the Z series one score (so i feel convinced to buy it, grey price has already got me convinced :p)

PS: Seems to be one of the longest TV threads without any decision being reached :ashamed:

I have finally settled on the 40B6000 for 88k without freebies as ebay dealer just told me Samsung has no stocks of 6 or 7 series LCDs.Not going for the 46" LED as i might want to upgrade if the newer LEDs incoming from Sony/Samsung are competitively priced.

raksrules said:
@adder

Please suggest some tips on how i should test the TV before i buy from the shop ?? Consider i am going for the Z series sony.
Btw i read the specs of TV and they sure are impressive. Can you let us know how would the Z series one score (so i feel convinced to buy it, grey price has already got me convinced :p)

PS: Seems to be one of the longest TV threads without any decision being reached :ashamed:

the sony tvs "may" have a self test when u first switch it ON which shows the primary colors red,green,blue,white,black ,u can also burn it in a cd/dvd as jpeg and playback via DVD player or any other media player.
for checking clouding u will need to crank up the backlight with a blank input,check for uneven screen brightness.off course u must also decide in case if u do find traces of clouding whether it will really bother you or effect ur viewing.
as for the panel all the sony 46" Z will use the same panel either a AMVA3 or a SPVA.

Ok all said and done the final choice now is the Sony Bravia KLV-46Z550A. I checked with the store and he told that the price will be 1.12L. But he said that he will talk it out when i actually visit the shop myself. Will check then.
I hope i am taking the right decision. :ashamed:

Back