LG G2 - 16 GB (White) @ 32999/- Free flip cover - CHEAPEST ONLINE!!

Here you go : LINK
can you share the link if any more pieces are available ?
if you are talking with reference to the XDA thread, people still are complaining about sudden crashes and a few things not working (WiFi GPS etc)
I am intersted in buying one from ebay, but not sure if it is safe. The best price I could find one is 30K (cost+customs+shipping) for clean ESN, and 24-25K for Bad ESN. Any thoughts ppl ?
Will a BAD ESN phone work in India with GSM ?

I bought it through a eBay auction. Buy it Now prices are always high. Try your luck in bidding. You may use help of online automatic bidding systems like auctionsnipper,

Yes the build.prop tweak is unstable. Some other guy did introduced a GSM rom with everything working, but Mods closed the thread cause lot of people got their phones bricked following the method. Anyway we all can hope for a stable GSM unlock pretty soon. This phone is a sureshot GSM+NV+RUIM phone.

BAD ESN simply means that you can no longer activate on Sprint. Not our concern at all. As long as you are not requesting Sprint for GSM international unlock (which only long-time Sprint network users are capable of), bad esn is no concern. Sprint list it as Bad ESN when one dont pay the bill or when one report it to be lost/robbed. TLDR, BAD ESN wont affect us. Both CDMA and GSM can be used in India.

Last edited:
Myself ordered a Sprint G2 32GB for $250 (brand new open box deal). Im a RCDMA guy.

Did you buy an unlocked Sprint G2 or a locked one?
Can you please tell me if I can use a locked Sprint G2 on CDMA networks in India (MTS,RCDMA ) ? If yes, can you point me to a link ?
MTS has some real good rates here in Bangalore...would be great if I can get a Sprint G2 working on that network....

Don't know about MTS, but any sprint G2 can be flashed to RCDMA. There is no locked-unlocked terminology for cdma phones (provided SPC of the phone can be read). That applies only for gsm part. Check out for bad esn deals, usually goes for steal prices.

Did you buy an unlocked Sprint G2 or a locked one?
Can you please tell me if I can use a locked Sprint G2 on CDMA networks in India (MTS,RCDMA ) ? If yes, can you point me to a link ?
MTS has some real good rates here in Bangalore...would be great if I can get a Sprint G2 working on that network....
The lock does not have any meaning in India. The lock is applied only for US networks.Hence you can flash a locked/unlocked/bad esn/good esn phones onto RCDMA.
You can flash any CDMA phone onto RCDMA until there is an ESN.

The lock does not have any meaning in India. The lock is applied only for US networks.Hence you can flash a locked/unlocked/bad esn/good esn phones onto RCDMA.
You can flash any CDMA phone onto RCDMA until there is an ESN.

Thanks for the reply. Are you sure about that ? Because I can see iPhone 5c available for 20K in ebay, which is locked for Sprint. If what you mentioned above works - then wouldn't people just buy iPhone 5c and use it on RCDMA ?
Also - Can you point me toward any material on how to flash onto RCDMA? (is it restricted only to RCDMA or any CDMA network in India) ? Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. Are you sure about that ? Because I can see iPhone 5c available for 20K in ebay, which is locked for Sprint. If what you mentioned above works - then wouldn't people just buy iPhone 5c and use it on RCDMA ?
Also - Can you point me toward any material on how to flash onto RCDMA? (is it restricted only to RCDMA or any CDMA network in India) ? Thanks.

There is nothing new this. Cdma phones have always been cheaper.. I remember buying a brand new Sprint CDMA S2 for 12k,at a time when it cost 27-30k here in India..

Only R CDMA, MTS and Tata are the options I think.. And flashing to reliance and activation is easy..

There is a rcdma forum.. People take anywhere between 500-1000 to program and register your phone to reliance Cdma..

Tata and MTS are difficult to program.. Unheard of..

prateekS - Can you please recommend a shipping service to buy from US -> India. HopShopGo/IshopInternational/PPBOX ?
(Based on your posts in the black friday thread I bought a couple of Seagate BackUp Plus HDDs from Amazon - had a pleasant experience. Thanks for the info)
But these new phones iPhone 5C/ LG G2 also have a GSM component to them....So now they begin to compete directly with the GSM phones sold here right ?

These phones support R-UIM. So any CDMA UIM should be useable right ?
RCDMA is winding up its operations, so I guess its not a bright idea to invest in a CDMA phone keeping just RCDMA in mind.

first of all his theory only applicable to only and only Android mobile...
Iphone flashing to reliance cdma is nightmare and require good amount of money...

and if you want to learn about cdma flashing visit rimweb.in ,first and last source for cdma

prateekS - Can you please recommend a shipping service to buy from US -> India. HopShopGo/IshopInternational/PPBOX ?
(Based on your posts in the black friday thread I bought a couple of Seagate BackUp Plus HDDs from Amazon - had a pleasant experience. Thanks for the info)
But these new phones iPhone 5C/ LG G2 also have a GSM component to them....So now they begin to compete directly with the GSM phones sold here right ?

These phones support R-UIM. So any CDMA UIM should be useable right ?
RCDMA is winding up its operations, so I guess its not a bright idea to invest in a CDMA phone keeping just RCDMA in mind.

you are mixing up flashing and OMH sim card of reliance...

any android phone in which SPC is readable you can flash it to reliance...by flashing means you will be not able to use reliance cdma sim card on it,
it will work without sim card,remember the old cdma phone without simcard....

and to use OMH sim card into mobile for example into LG g2 you still need to unlock it first and then cdma sim will work,...

@JMP what they said ^^

Regarding importing service, ishopinternational, shop & ship and hopshopgo are only options.

Ishopinternational and hopshopgo are good enough.. Havent used shop & ship..

Guys ... did any of you receive your G2 ? Can someone please tell me what customs they paid ?
iShopInternational is quoting Rs 506 for shipping and Rs 4500 for customs. HopShopGo says $34 (express) for shipping - no estimate on the customs though..

I sourced a $200 LGOG couple of months back via ppobox. I was charged around 2k for both customs and international shipping together. IIRC customs for mobiles was around 6-8% back then.

EDIT:
  • Mobile Phone is duty free and Landing Charges rate is 1%, Countervailing Duty rate is 12%, CESS rate is 3%, Additional Countervailing Duty rate is 4%.
Source: http://www.dutycalculator.com/

Customs on mobile phones hiked even further?

Last edited:
33884/- on eBay
http://www.ebay.in/itm/lg-g2-d802-16-gb-mobile-phone-dow-/321298830052?pt=in_mobile_phones

35999/- via WS Retail + 10% cashback on HSBC cards (few others lower but check if offer)
http://www.flipkart.com/ps/MOBDZUHGWZ3HMCMF

34348/- on Snapdeal
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/lg-...964?utm_source=earth_feed&utm_campaign=12_175

I am not good at locating great deals.
So please check if lower price locally or better deals possible online.
Shared here as a friend was considering buying N5 locally and i feel G2 is a better buy, especially if local prices have dropped now.

Last edited:
So I was very disappointed by the Nexus 5 and I thought G2 would be much better but the LG UI is pathetic. I think it is time I installed CM/AOKP because I have become so accustomed to Nexus UI. The only UI that seems bearable to me is either Sense or Sony UI. If it wasn't for XDA, Samsung and LG would never get my money because of their garish UIs.

^^True that. UI is crap. But simply switching to apex / nova launcher should fix the UI. BTW is there any way to change the layout of the drag down notification menu w/o flashing custom rom? I would perfer stock google's.
Xposed module is great. Need to give it a try. It gives everything you need of a custom rom in a stock rom. So everything works and ultra stable.
Still waiting for my G2. :rolleyes:

Back