LG P500 Discussion Thread

update: phone running excellent. governor - powersave - 240/729. excellent battery life.
yet to play around with dsp manager. the touch has a notable improvement. hard to put a word on it. let us just say it has more silk-iness to it.
overall very impressed with what this little phone can do.

reagrds,
govigov

I think I have used PC suite for internet connection once. Later on, I am using either wifi hotspot or usb tethering..Just out of curiosity, I would like to do the connection via PC suite.How to do that ?

TIA

Ok, so now that few of you have been using the P500 for a considerable period of time, i think i can finally get first hand opinion about my only real worry about this phone. Is the LG P500 a good buy as a primary phone intended for heavy(read rough) usage (lots of calling, texting, e-mails, surfing, social networking, angry bird type games, etc) in the long run? Will it provide enough battery backup? (Atleast as much as my 21 month old 5230).

Actually the only non-nokia phones i've ever used was a Moto E365 and a matchbox sized Panasonic, that too, ages ago. This has lead to a perception that no other manufacturer comes even close when it comes to build quality, reliability(HW) and longevity. Infact, compared to my 5230 every other sub 10k phone from other manufacturers looks and feels dangerously flimsy.

So, now after much ado, i have decided to jump onto the android bandwagon(sorry nokia!) and as Nokia is not an option, I'm getting rather confused with my miniscule budget of 11k.

P500 is my first pick. The only worry is can it withstand reasonable abuse over a long period of time( say 12 to 18 months)?

Do put your valuable inputs.

raval_manoj said:
I have LG Optimus One P500, couple of weeks ago upgraded to GB 2.3.3. Is there any free mulemedia plyaer / utility having equalizer?

How did you do that? Thought that 2.2 was the best it could do?

I have LG p500.

Is there any application with which I can access my sms like outlook (like sent items, inbox, deleted, draft etc). paid application will also do.

In handcent sms is there anyway to customize like outlook ?

deepakvrao said:
How did you do that? Thought that 2.2 was the best it could do?

Gingerbread has been released in India 1 month ago.

But I would say, install Mik OS's CM7 port to get Gingerbread or use OpenOptimus ROM v2. These are much better.
tech1978 said:
I have LG p500.

Is there any application with which I can access my sms like outlook (like sent items, inbox, deleted, draft etc). paid application will also do.

In handcent sms is there anyway to customize like outlook ?

Did not understand your question. Do you want an application for PC or some mobile application?

GoSMS does that it mobile and if you want to sync messages/contacts/calendar etc to PC, use MyPhoneExplorer. MyPhoneExplorer is the best PC Suite available for Android phones.

My Question - I am going to buy a 16GB MicroSD card soon. Will Class 4 be enough?

I don't play games that much. Mostly listen to music.

Using a class 2 4GB card right now. QuickPic and the Stock Gallery takes some time to show the next/previous image when I am changing pictures in full screen mode. Will Class 4 card be enough to display the pictures instantly? Or is the lag because of the slow processor?

BTW I am using OpenOptimus v1 ROM now

hotshot05 said:
My Question - I am going to buy a 16GB MicroSD card soon. Will Class 4 be enough?

I don't play games that much. Mostly listen to music.

Using a class 2 4GB card right now. QuickPic and the Stock Gallery takes some time to show the next/previous image when I am changing pictures in full screen mode. Will Class 4 card be enough to display the pictures instantly? Or is the lag because of the slow processor?

BTW I am using OpenOptimus v1 ROM now
I am using 8 gb class 4 card and it does take time to load images. I think its due to proccy and not related to class as during file transfer the speed is very good

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Guys how much battry back up you are getting.

I used to get around 12 hours of backup without gprs ,with 30 minutes of playing games ,1 hour surfing /watching videos on wifi 1 hour of music , and an hour of calls

But now i have activated gprs and i keep it on half of the time and the battery life has drastically reduced to 6 hours .

Is there any way to save battery apart from juice defender?

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

^ Don't load up your phone to the brim. Uninstall what apps you don't need / rarely use. I get about 2 full days with minimal usage. Running cm7

Its almost 7 months and I think its time to root my O1.I'm now running Gingerbread 2.3.3. Any easy guide to root?

Whenever I'm searching I'm getting more and more confused :p

Back