LG vs Samsung SERVICE - Need to decide new Android

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
Hi folks, I am back again [I have not yet made up my mind on an Android below 10K - Willing to stretch upto 12K].

Dealer's I spoke to said that LG Service is trouble-some and Samsung is better... [I also understand that the possibility of ANY HANDSET giving problems is less than 0.1%]. Yet I am inclined toward's LG Optimus P500. But the 0.1% error margin worries me. Should I go for Samsung Now???

I had earlier posted a querry on HTC Wildfire, however many folks advised me to go for LG Optimus One P500 - I checked out the tech specs & was totally satisfied. Now If I have to chose Samsung - which model is best below 12K. Is the Galaxy Fit S5670 the best choice.

My Requirements: It should be Android 2.2 or above; Good battery life; GOOD VOICE CLARITY: No Slider phones and of course 3G also. Note: Camera etc - I am not very interested

Thanks - will appreciate ALL your feedback.

Terence [Terry]

Lastly about service - whose the best between LG/Samsung/HTC - If ever a problem is encountered, then what [I was told LG sleeps over it and can keep the handset for 2-4 weeks]

Please do not go for Samsung Fit at all....
You will hate to see the screen, such poor display resolution does not matches at all with the specified resolution, Believe me you will hate the screen like anything.
Better go for HTC Wildfire S which you will get at 12900 approx after applying the coupon code: RCOMLB1through Letsbuy.com.
And regarding Otimus one of my fiend bought it but we are not satisfied with the touch... Its good but not as smooth as Samsung, but the display is good.
Still upon you to decide which you feel better.

1. Still have'nt come across convincing reasons to rule our Samsung galaxy Fit S5670 [@thenoob - ur feedback is confusing as u later claim "LG......not as smooth as samsung" !!!!! ]
2. Dell - where r their service center's in Mumbai?

@thenoob - +1
Samsung - poor screen (if you can notice it)
Optimus one - i find it laggy with default launcher (should see with some other launhcer)
Wildfire s - blazing fast out of the box, screen good, flash, gorilla glass etc

If you are looking for good after sales service then Dell is the best. I bought XCD35 from flipkart.com and the unit I received had faulty Bluetooth and I got it replaced here at Bhubaneswar in almost no time. It is also a decent phone with a crispy display. Battry life is decent, if not excellent.

Dell gives replacement warranty that means they don't have any service facility here. So, once out of warranty availability of replacement parts will be zero. So, similar to warranty period you will have to get your phone replaced after the warranty is over but this time by paying for it. If serviceability is the only concern here think twice before getting a Dell.

Back