CPU/Mobo LGA 1156 is really confusing for a layman

Re: P55 already showing signs of ageing

Anubis why on earth do u want to crossfire/SLI in the first place? Just get a powerful single card without second thoughts.

Re: Will P55 show signs of ageing ?

Anubis said:
Will P55 show signs of ageing ?

ageing, aging [ˈeɪdʒɪŋ]nThe process of growing old or developing the appearance and characteristics of old age

p55 is anything but "ageing"

-

Its pretty obvious by now that the OP asked this question only out of curiosity, although I don't see why does he need to create a duplicate thread when he an active thread here already: http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/lga-1156-is-really-confusing-layman-153994.html

In any case, no point in bumping this thread just by laughing about it.

I still do not get it. Why are people lambasting Anubis for asking such a great question. He did not ask..the color of the sky or something.

I would be more than happy, if any of the crowd - - could give a definitive answer.

Emil said:
Is anybody else too getting the feeling that this thread thoroughly mixes up the terms sockets and chipsets?

I did mess the up the terms sockets and chipsests but everyone understood what i want to say.

It was just a confusion , nothing else ?

I got my answer that Core i3, core i5 will work on P55 without IGP.

The intention of this thread has been completed.
Thank you guys for pateintly going through my mixed sockets and chipsets question.

But i am pretty sure this question may have aroused in someone else's mind too.

Sorry to anyone , who has wasted his time by going through my mixed thread of noobish questions

Had too many qurestions in my mind.

I will never create another thread asking for help

This is the last and final time

Mods please close this thread.

Anubis said:
Sorry to anyone , who has wasted his time by going through my mixed thread of noobish questions

Awwh..man...! Please, do not take offense. Personally I liked this thread, and enjoyed contributing to it. Peace bro.

Yes i created this thread out of sheer curiousity wat would happen if we ever crossfired 2 ATI 5970 in LGA 1156

I know one has money to buy 2x5970 will never buy LGA 1156.

I didn't want to be practical but a little theoritical

I was only wondering since already ATI 5970 is getting a slight bottleneck by LGA 1156.

So i thought what would happen with newer DX11 cards ATI Hectanocheires ( new generation DX11 )

Yes i agree i shouldn't have created too many threads.

I made a mistake , and i am sorry .

Neither was i spamming to increase my post count or get famous by bumping threads

Sorry to anyone , who has wasted his life's valuable time by going through my mixed thread of noobish questions

So i created these threads .

:aww:
y not?................... u may have budget for only 1 card for now
and tend to buy an other in 6 months

there is nothing wrong in it

anyway a guy with budget for a hd 5970
doesnt go with a p55 chipset
or he may?

always no wrong with the queries
persons willing to will answer

keep up:hap2:

Anubis said:

Dude, this is not what everybody was intending...
get it right, what everybody else was saying. I think u and them, both are victims of misunderstanfings, and plz dont make such decisions on such easy cause :)
just be cool.

SLI/Crossfire, despite all the time it has had to mature is still not exactly a sure shot.

You'll still come across games that don't take advantage of it.. I agree with Rocky when he says that the single fastest available card should suffice..

stalker said:
SLI/Crossfire, despite all the time it has had to mature is still not exactly a sure shot.

You'll still come across games that don't take advantage of it.. I agree with Rocky when he says that the single fastest available card should suffice..

I think it works just fine. Once you reach full HD size and beyond the dual cards start to help. Catalyst and Forceware is mature now. And good multi-GPU fixes keep coming out. ATI just released a Xfire fix for RE5. There are tons of guys out their with multi-GPU, I am sure it is benefiting.

I see a increase in FPS for most games. Ya for sure, GTA IV will not, but RE5, FEAR Series, COD series, show it immediate. Crysis not that much -- since it likes the green cards better...!

Though: It costs a bomb.

Anubis said:
Yes i created this thread out of sheer curiousity wat would happen if we ever crossfired 2 ATI 5970 in LGA 1156
I am not going by that number but that's very common in the West, nothing special to do. Due to variety of reasons like price (meaningless Apples & Oranges type comparison) many Indians can't afford/think about such PCs.

Anubis said:
I know one has money to buy 2x5970 will never buy LGA 1156.
Totally wrong, most of the solid gaming PCs are built in the United States and EU are based on the LGA 1156 platform. Looks like many members here need to read the reviews and develop a certain degree of understanding about the processors and a variety of motherboards (look above above the locally 'pushed' ready-made configurations and price comparisons).

Anubis said:
I didn't want to be practical but a little theoritical
If it's about lack of money then no use but if one has enough money it's very much practical and quite common to do! Maybe one (hardcore gamers) could think about 2 x Sapphire Vapour-X 5770 1GB DDR5 ($340 compared to a single ~$400 plus card!!!). WARNING: A typical 550W PSU would be a disaster in waiting for such a set up :hap5:

~linux

Back