List Of Recommended Direct Seller/Websites (Better than amazon/flipkart)

Coming from anti competitive experiences of marketplaces like Amazon/Flipkart, we should have a list of direct sellers or websites (non-marketplaces) who are specialized into their niche and provide very good service. Please list, discuss or critic direct sellers/websites you know.

Buying from sellers directly has a few advantages,​

• You usually get better price/discount compared to marketplaces. That's because they don't need to pay high fees to marketplaces.
Discovered this by accident when I wanted a fridge. Contacted a seller on amazon who replied and we concluded the deal privately. It was good enough that a relative wanted his contact number too. Turns out when your shop is based in the outskirts the rent is a good deal less than in the city and this reflects in the prices. No way to contact sellers on Flipkart even if you want to abuse them so I stick to amazon.

As for this list I want to add this website that deals in spare parts for power tools. As in every and any part :oops:, not just consumables

What power tool to get, check if it's got spares there and then buy otherwise find one they do parts for. About 3 weeks for the parts to arrive.

You rarely find spare anything on amazon and nobody replies when people ask. I get a lot of this silent treatment on amazon :sorry:
Good initiative. Maybe the mods can make this sticky once it's grown.
It's grown now. Become the thread that never stops giving :D
Reliable site? Product quality?
Any similar site for screen protectors too? https://techenclave.com/threads/mobile-skins.201562/

Quality has downgraded a lot. Their cs has become pathetic. My friend received a different cutout protector. Got hold of them after weeks as they don't reply usually, they have no cs number. He sent them back but they denied that they ever received it back. The courier tracking page showed it delivered with stamp and sign.
Compare a protector ordered recently with a dbrand protector and you will see the difference in quality. One can order from dbrand too, but thanks to our customs, chances are that it will never reach us.
I ordered some skins from this site some time back. It's the only website I've ever come across that asked for a tip to fulfil the order :hungry: They have a much larger selection of skins there

What’s the cheapest way to get stuff from US?

I use tanotis. Is there anything cheaper?
Try ibhejo, if you haggle they might offer a reduction. They offer the option to suggest things so there are more possibilities.

I can vouch for them. When they say expect delivery on so and so day. It arrives.

Not cheap, expect 150-200% of the price you see on whatever site.
Tons of cheap electronics over the years, generally cheaper than Amazon. Wider range of cheap hardware.
I discovered these people because i wanted genuine 18650 cells. Something you cannot have on amazon.

All began because they wanted to design a chappati making machine and couldn't find the parts :)
Look at these beauties :woot:
I saw someone suggest https://pantproject.com/ above and I am gonna suggest https://www.marchtee.com/ for good quality t-shirts.
Beautiful stuff but handwash ok please :inpain: or just stick them in a delicates bag and be done. Prolly want to use liquid detergent with these as well :cool:

Last edited:
I've had excellent experiences with two of the three (didn't yet order from Rhydolabz), Probots in particular has a wide range of enclosures that are restocked often.

Some fantastic recommendations here!

I'll add my own, was looking for good quality soldering irons and found that Soldron has their own website https://www.soldermall.com/

I mainly purchased the Portable SMPS Variable Wattage Micro Soldering Station, https://www.soldermall.com/products...Variable-Wattage-Micro-Soldering-Station.aspx which considering the prices on amazon alternatives, at ~1400 is very reasonable. It works great, they also sell bits in case this gets rusted but I got a sponge stand, wet it and use it with the iron, recommended for anyone looking to get into soldering or want a good quality solder iron made in India.

Another reco is
https://www.tanotis.com/ they sell a lot of cool parts, for me I was mainly looking for the Omron D2F 01F switch that goes into the Logitech G302 G402 G502 mice, if you have one of these and its double clicking or not clicking properly, get the correct switch from there it only costs about 200 to 300 bucks, shipping takes time but it'll come and the parts are genuine Japanese Omron switches with long lasting life, might be worth getting a couple of them for spares, use soldering irons and repair your mouse to be as good as new!

Last edited:
www.ibo.com

New but big business. They have offline malls in Bangalore and Chennai. 3 character domain shows they have spent huge amount on online presence. Website is neat but may take a little longer to appear in Google results. Detailed and accurate description everywhere (it's a rarity)

Cheapest online price for many items it's listing.

Great website to buy furniture fittings, electrical, plumbing stuff and power tools.

Thanks for koraput coffee. Which coffee of theirs would you recommend for making black coffee?
Looking at their website, there are only two options from the same plantation. Tiger Bright is Light Medium Roast and Ethnic Blend is Medium Roast. So, I suppose it depends on how much caffeine and smokey taste you prefer.

I always opt for medium-dark because it is less acidic but then others cannot even bear medium roast, so a personal preference I guess. But then I also get the beans from Blue Tokai for different plantations with distinct differences between the plantations and roast, expensive but definitely quite good.

Last edited:
Looking at their website, there are only two options from the same plantation. Tiger Bright is Light Medium Roast and Ethnic Blend is Medium Roast. So, I suppose it depends on how much caffeine and smokey taste you prefer.

I always opt for medium-dark because it is less acidic but then others cannot even bear medium roast, so a personal preference I guess. But then I also get the beans from Blue Tokai for different plantations with distinct differences between the plantations and roast, expensive but definitely quite good.
Oh, i like coffee to have less burnt taste. What would you suggest then, light medium and what from blue tokai? Silver oak fine?

Oh, i like coffee to have less burnt taste. What would you suggest then, light medium and what from blue tokai? Silver oak fine?
To be honest, lost track of which one tests what. Should keep notes. But I think generally you wouldn't go wrong trying the light medium roast for most.

Bought A119 v3 from them. Seller is quite responsive on WhatsApp, even on holidays. Gave a ₹1000 discount on direct upi payment. Pretty quick delivery, got shipped same day(if ordered before 12pm), delivered next day.

Seller even offered free pickup for my non working a119s v2 cam which I had bought from AliExpress around 5 years ago. He will attempt repair and if he is unable to fix it he even offered to get it repaired via Viofo china(paid of course, but he will handle everything). Not sure if I will go that far, if he can repair here then fine, otherwise I’ll request return.

Quite happy with Viofo dash cams. Would recommend.

Back