PC Peripherals logitech z5300 or altec lansing 5021??

apollyon

ex-Mod
as the title says....i have the mx5021's..r the 5300's worth buying??..after selling the mx's that is.....the xtra wattage is what attracts me...not surround sound

its 20k for the z680's which are similar to the z5500. the 5500 cost more.

what is ur use appolyon. i have z680 & mx5021 both. so lemme know what is ur main use n ill tell u which is good.

stormblast said:
its 20k for the z680's which are similar to the z5500. the 5500 cost more.

what is ur use appolyon. i have z680 & mx5021 both. so lemme know what is ur main use n ill tell u which is good.
main use is music, music n music :D....n have u heard the 5300's??

@Chaos - A while back when I bought the Altec 621's I asked about the Logitech z680's and the guy in the shop said that there was a major flaw in the speaker and that the ciruit board inside it was getting damaged after a short while. Is this a fact or all B.S. ??

Eazy said:
@Chaos - A while back when I bought the Altec 621's I asked about the Logitech z680's and the guy in the shop said that there was a major flaw in the speaker and that the ciruit board inside it was getting damaged after a short while. Is this a fact or all B.S. ??

Some Logitech subs have blown, that's a fact. But Logitech have been quite prompt in replacing them.

Last edited by a moderator:
TechHead said:
Some Logitech subs have blown, that's a fact. But Logitech have been quite prompt in replacing them.

What about the replaced parts - are they fine or do they too keep blowing ?

Eazy said:
Its pure BS. The fact might be that the logitech z680 amp gets really hot on operation. If you see there is a heatsink at the back of all high end logitech subs. That might heat up in india cos of the insane temps and cause the amp to fail. The room might need airconditioning/good ventilation thats all. I dont think there is any inherent defect in the z680. The only issue of z680 i rmr is that the first few thousand had the hissing on center channel problem but that too got fixed within no time.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont go for the z5300. keep the mx5021 if ur priority is music i.e mp3s etc.

the z680 quality sounds better maybe cause of the 5.1 surround & more rms gives it a lot more punch & also the powerfull woofer. i have only checked the metallica snm on both. the mx5021 is attached on my pc with audigy2 & the z680's are connected via digital to the phillips dvp642.

i havent tried the z680 on the audigy, i am happy with the mx5021 for music. its got amazing depth n quality. i suggest u stick with it. i havent heard the z5300 but i dont think they are better than the z680's.

Chaos said:
Its pure BS. The fact might be that the logitech z680 amp gets really hot on operation. If you see there is a heatsink at the back of all high end logitech subs. That might heat up in india cos of the insane temps and cause the amp to fail. The room might need airconditioning/good ventilation thats all. I dont think there is any inherent defect in the z680. The only issue of z680 i rmr is that the first few thousand had the hissing on center channel problem but that too got fixed within no time.

Thanks for the reply. Just as I thought. But the guy was so adamant about these Logitech's being bad that I caved in and took the Altec 621's.

The only thing that I am weary about the 621's is that the speakers have a foam surround .....I had owned a pair of large AR speakers some time back which had foam surrounds on the speaker cones which crumbled in the Mumbai weather. Do you know if anyone replaces foam surrounds in Mumbai in case I run into this problem with the 621's ??

hmm.....checked out the 5500 digital's 2day... me want them :(
if i get them, can i use them with my live 24bit??...cuz me will be bankrupt for some time...so cannot afford a audigy2 for some time...

apollyon said:
hmm.....checked out the 5500 digital's 2day... me want them :(
if i get them, can i use them with my live 24bit??...cuz me will be bankrupt for some time...so cannot afford a audigy2 for some time...
What price did he quote you?

Where are you getting the Z-5500?? and for how much ???

Nikhil posted 0.52 minutes later:

blindly pick them.. you will not regret it.... it is worth it.....

Back