PC Peripherals logitech z5300 or altec lansing 5021??

apollyon said:
guys!! u did not answer my questions, can i use them with my live 24bit???
Yeah u can. Live 24bit is very good in audio quality. U need to feed it through analog in though. Dont know if live24bit has spdif out.

You can use analog till you get your Audigy 2 ZS. It will work for sure...... but you may not be able to use the decoder....

But the Live! 24 Bit does not decode Dolby, DTs, etc... like the Audigy...... So, you will have to do without any digital decoding till you upgrade your soundcard.

it seems i cannot use the spks with the 3.5mm jack digital out of my live 24bit, so which would be a better option -
1)onboard alc850 coaxial or spdif out
2)analog output of live! 24bit?

apollyon said:
it seems i cannot use the skps with the 3.5mm jack digital out of my live 24bit, so which would be a better option -
1)onboard alc850 coaxial or spdif out
2)analog output of live! 24bit?
Who told u that? If the thing is spdif as the creative site says, it'll work for sure if u get a converter. About the other question, well you yourself can answer it best after trying. Also if you use SPDIF, u'll only get stereo in games and not 5.1. you have to upmix it to 5.1 in the control pod. The only card I know of that can output 5.1 in games over spdif is this:

http://www.xoxide.com/bluegears-xmystique-ddl-gold.html

Edit: If you were referring to the above post, dolby digital decoding/dts decoding has got ntn to do with ac3 over spdif. Those two things work over analog and that too in software drivers. There's no specific hardware to do it on the audigy2 zs as much as creative may claim so :p.

^^arre read it in a post at some forum where the user tried tonnz of 3.5mm jack to rca/coax cables, none worked...just 2 spks n woofer work

apollyon said:
^^arre read it in a post at some forum where the user tried tonnz of 3.5mm jack to rca/coax cables, none worked...just 2 spks n woofer work
Exactly... As I edited in the post above. It'll give 5.1 in ac3 passthrough mode... in dvd movies/dvd-audio. Everything else implies stereo. The X-Mystique is the only card that can do dolby encoding in realtime. The erstwhile soundstorm did the same as well.

Back