Audio Looking for 2.1 speakers (better than my Altec Lansing MX5021)

What would be your opinion about the AE2 ? How is the bass on it without a subwoofer ? I listen to a lot of metal. Think "Metallica , Iron Maiden , Black Sabbath... "

kunwarbakshi said:
I have been using Logitech Z 2300 2.1 for around 1 year now and believe that they are one of the best 2.1 THX certified speakers to date in their range. Any one wid same hola????
How much did it cost and from where did you buy?
In bangalore they quote 8k+ :(

dhruvrock2000 said:
What would be your opinion about the AE2 ? How is the bass on it without a subwoofer ? I listen to a lot of metal. Think "Metallica , Iron Maiden , Black Sabbath... "
I have AE5, the bass is better than most home theaters, although not as much as with Wharfedale 9.1/9.2. But definitely better than entry level 5.1 like Sony/Onkyo.

So is it official? Is the best successor for the MX5021 an Z-2300 2.1 Speaker System? I'm drained trying to find a used MX5021. I was in the impression that the Audioengine's A2 would be a good choice but without the woofer. Their dealership in Mumbai sucks. I paid them 10k for a piece and they finally transferred the money back stating that they are out of stock and their last piece got damaged during the transit. I knew they were clearly lying but wasn't interested in an argument and just wanted my money back.

So should i just go ahead a buy the Z-2300? I thought it was more a gamers than a audiophiles choice.

Jack said:
So is it official? Is the best successor for the MX5021 an Z-2300 2.1 Speaker System? I'm drained trying to find a used MX5021. I was in the impression that the Audioengine's A2 would be a good choice but without the woofer. Their dealership in Mumbai sucks. I paid them 10k for a piece and they finally transferred the money back stating that they are out of stock and their last piece got damaged during the transit. I knew they were clearly lying but wasn't interested in an argument and just wanted my money back.

So should i just go ahead a buy the Z-2300? I thought it was more a gamers than a audiophiles choice.

The edifier S530 are supposed to be really good. Haven't heard them personally though.

Obviously not.

A2s are bookshelves and to find computer speakers which come in the same league you will need to go all the way up to B&W Zeppelin. Bose or Altec or Edifier are not in the same league.

Swans again is very good and comparable/better than AE.

i'm facing the same problem as Jack

my budget is 10k and i want a pair of good speakers...

suggestions please!!

i really dont want to go for the Z2300 given its unpopularity here at TE

rite said:
Obviously not.

A2s are bookshelves and to find computer speakers which come in the same league you will need to go all the way up to B&W Zeppelin. Bose or Altec or Edifier are not in the same league.

Swans again is very good and comparable/better than AE.
I agree. By no measure you can beat the A2's. Unfortunately, their dealership sucks and I just couldn't get a pair shipped to Bangalore even after I paid them.

Back