Looking for a chimney for a usual Indian kitchen

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Kindly share brands and what to look for in them.
Ours is a usual north indian vegetarian kitchen
Once a week something deep fried is cooked.
Kitchen size 11x7 feet
Thanks

Would appreciate a prompt help as wish to buy online of at all its recommended
Thanks

I purchased Faber 60cm(good enough for 4 stoves) chimney last year after doing a bit of research, at the time it seemed best value for money and probably still is, Chimney is working fine and its worth it regardless of downsides, but the company uses many scummy tactics to extract more money and fake reviews than what is mentioned on amazon.

IMG_20220930_000125_470.jpg

I wrote this last year

I bought this before the sale began for Rs.6990
1664477698783.png

I looked for -
high suction power - 1000 and more will be fine
baffle filters - these can be self cleaned and last longer. carbon filters are costly and has to be replaced. i didn't prefer filter-less, don't remember now why, but it has its downsides I guess
I prefer proper switches for speed settings. now-a-days, you are getting touch, motion-sensing hand wave ones, what not :banghead:
There are 2 size options 60cm(2ft) and 90cm(3ft), it depends on the place you install the chimney.
Installation has to be done by service center, I think warranty issues might crop up if not done by them, I donno. I got it done by service center only.
Chimney packaging doesn't come with exhaust pipe, you can buy it from the market. They charged 1400 from me, I got one from local market for 700. (I needed 2)
Pipes have sizes, it depends on the exhaust hole you have in your kitchen

I guess Faber, Elica, Glen are standard ones, happy hunting !!!

What kind of Gas stove do you use, check its size against 60mm or 90mm models. Also check the space available in your kitchen above stove to install it.
Above mentioned models are great. Faber is well recognized. But do check the service availability in your area. Clean your chimney according to your usage. Check whether they use Halogen Lamps, CFL against led bulbs. the old ones will not be available in future. Do get Plain SS Models they will be easier to clean rather than fancy black ones. Black ones sometimes are coated ones where the paint comes off. I have seen one low end model in display with the paint stripped off slightly.

How are these two
Wife seems to be interested in these despite my view that we should go for baffle filters and lest gimmick items

Deal of the day: Faber 60 cm 1200 m³/hr Auto-Clean curved glass Kitchen Chimney (Hood Polo HC SC FL BK 60), Filterless technology, Touch & Gesture Control, Black) https://amzn.eu/d/9A1k5Yq

Faber 60 cm 1200 m³/hr Auto-Clean curved glass Kitchen Chimney (HOOD EVEREST IND SC TC HC BK 60, Filterless technology, Touch Control, Black) https://amzn.eu/d/8CtaZu7

just have a look at below links -

In all, they try to explain the concept of filter, and pros and cons of each. Most of them have a similar content, with one or two new things in each.
Basically, u need a filter to filter out oil particles. Smoke will go out of the duct. Oil will be trapped if you have the filter. If not , it goes upto the suction motor.
Auto clean is a concept where motor runs at high speed , which melts all the oil and grime that is collected over the time inside the chimney and is collected in a container at corner of the chimney.
So, you need to do this auto clean process more times to keep ur motor clean and run efficiently.

I personally, not comfortable to put motor at risk, instead , I want a filter as a protection which will hold all this oil and grime. You can simply clean these baffle filters by soaking them in hot water+lemon+detergent for couple of hours. They are made of SS, and hence long lasting.

Rest is upto your home minister ;)

After going to a few dealers and zeroing on prefreneces of mine and choice of looks according to wife we have purchased this one

Hindware Zinnia BLK 60, Black https://amzn.eu/d/7QdyXns

The model we went for has toughned glass at front of the hood ( wife was adamant to buy glass one) instead of just metal hood,

They claim its 35 percent quieter ( it was the main thing that appealed to me) and had 1300 suction power along with all bells and whistles

Paid 16200 plus 700 for Aluminum duckting plus a very hard plastic filter aka jaali for the outside. 500 for installation

10 years warranty on the motor..

Wanted to add about the experience
The civil work for the ducting took longer than expected as two holes were needed in solid concrete with iron rods for the exhaust duct.
But it was done though took around 5 days.
The installation went uneventful and as hindware isn't fussy about getting the hood installed by them only, the dealer sent his own guy who visited thrice, First to markip the area where holes were to be done, second time when there was a technicality and then third time for the final installation... All in simple 500vrs installation charges.

The chimney is working fine and has good suction but the the sound from the aluminium duct when the exhaust air passes through it negates the less noise of the chimney...

I am not too bothered about it tbh..

Although this all became an headache owing to the enormous civil work but this all is satisfactory by God's grace now.

Last edited:
Back