Looking for a Gaming Laptop around 60K +- 3K

Thanks smalltiger ..

spoke with HP customer care he said DV6 series cant be modified in anyway .., but he said HP PROBOOK series can be modified as we wish...

probook 4520s

i5 2.6Ghz [SB]

15"

3GB ram

windows7

500GB 7200

53 ,700 Rs

this is the basic config.. he also said , probook has onsite warranty .. i asked him about customization... but he directed me to meet a local dealer. He also said , i can put any GFX card of my wish , either ATI or nvidia .. [ he confirmed it with some tech official it seems , coz he put me on hold for long time] , this is little bit cool..

anyway another 3GB Ram , may be upgrade to i7 and a good GFX card , if falls around 60K price .. i might get this one.. design also looks very good..

wpid-hp-probook-4520s-xn573ea-1.jpg

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

smalltiger_s said:
@naveen: you can easily try ebay...it is not tough...you can also try selling it here on TE and other similar forums...

Also as mentioned by @comaddict: the speed of processor would not bring a lot of change..however the difference will be because of change from dual core to quad core...gt540 was made to address 4 cores which i7 SB has...so its performance will certainly be better than performance with i5s..however people are still awaiting detailed specs and graphs &charts to know the final verdict....

SO its best to wait for a while!!
there are many rules in TE trading section .. can you PM me about trading here , also on ebay , havent done before i have few queries regarding it .. dont want to take the thread offtopic..

you said people are waiting for verdict ... which one for ? i7 + 540M 2GB ?

anyway ,here is the latest review done [yesterday] http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...XPS-15-Notebook-i5-2410M-GT-540M.50915.0.html

catcherintherye said:
The Y570 wont be here anytime soon. I asked the lenovo guy. He said it would take a couple of months as they are not much in demand and lenovo needs to dispose of the older stock first.
And also,, the Dell XPS has better build, better services too...

I think u should go for dell xps sandy bridge i7 with 540gtx, and backlite keyboard..may go for 9 cell battery

Aakash said:
And also,, the Dell XPS has better build, better services too...

I think u should go for dell xps sandy bridge i7 with 540gtx, and backlite keyboard..may go for 9 cell battery
Thanks aakash.. just spoke with one of my friend... , he said i have to dispose my current laptop ASAP , will have a final look into HP ProBook series and go for XPS

Naveen_Reloaded said:
thanks comp@addict , you mean good in your words ... but advice on this issue..

soon Tamil Nadu elections will be over .. and as promised by both top parties ,they wil start giving laptop in masses , if that happens , i cant able to sell my Dell XPS 1530 to atleast 15K or even 10K ..What shall i do ? can you adivce on putting my laptop on ebay ? or even here in traders section?
laptops? u mean laptop covers right? LOL at the most some students will get it, never happened, never will. I remember when in Assam elections the minister offered 10 computers to a village. 3 came, 2 went to minister's house, and 1 went with the headmaster. So much for the students.

EDIT:

HERE YOU GO:

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...XPS-15-Notebook-i5-2410M-GT-540M.50915.0.html

comp@ddict said:
laptops? u mean laptop covers right? LOL at the most some students will get it, never happened, never will. I remember when in Assam elections the minister offered 10 computers to a village. 3 came, 2 went to minister's house, and 1 went with the headmaster. So much for the students.

EDIT:

HERE YOU GO:

www.notebookcheck.com/Test-Dell-XPS-15-Notebook-i5-2410M-GT-540M.50915.0.html - Translator

i posted the link few replies back... and opened a thread too.... , never mind..

coming to the laptop .. may be , but so far DMK has given color tv`s and this time they will give coz of variuos pressure.. , if that happens , by current laptop will no go for more than 10K ..

as far as the review is concerned , they praised the display and new SB cpu and they too said what you guys already said ... GPU is only for moderate gaming ..

but as you all said , 2.1 JBL would be great addition...

one dealer is ready to buyback my laptop and book a dell laptop for me.., so i am going to buy thru him , because at present he is the one who seems to buy my laptop

current config

i7 2630

540 2GB

500GB HDD

FHD display

BackLit KB

now i have decided to reduce the RAM to 4GB and instead direct that extra money to 9 cell battery

since if i go to 6 GB RAM , tomorrow i had to sell that extra 2GB ... which will become hard for me..

so going for 4GB , hope 4GB doesnt become a bottleneck ... already i read that even 4GB is little bit overkill [ need you advice on this guys]

my question is tomorrow if i buy another 4GB , how much will it cost ? also does the dell ram be better or other company ram from cossair etc will be a much better one for the same frequency ? if so how much would they cost ? and is there any reputed ebay dealer or shop or online portal to get the laptop ram ?

^ 4GB would easily suffice for gaming and certainly for day-to-day tasks...
Also the best thing about the XPS is that it comes with 1 Free RAM slot, so you can add 4GB RAM stick making 8GB in total without any issues(It comes with 64bit OS so no trouble there too)...
And the RAM cost about 2150/- for the transcend/Kingston and you can actually get Micron cheaper(IMO they are one of the best chip manufacturers - Crucial is a subsidy of Micron FYI)
Delta - The Best in IT in INDIA so these are far cheaper than the 8GB config if you get from Dell,... As for the RAM, I doubt there would be any issues going with a non-dell RAM stick,...
Me too hunting for a good lappy and have zeroed in on the Dell, but the HP looks good too,... Just scouting for some offers,...

thanks gkay ,

i too hunted a lot ... due to multiple reason , i had to dispose my current laptop ... so decided to go for dell .. next week i will be ordering and hope it comes within 15 days.. , best part is , i might keep my laptop till the new laptop comes ... really good dealer i have got...

one lat thing .. since my DVD drive is not working , i want to erase my HDD comepletly .. i mean non-recoverable erasing / formatting .. is there a application which can do this in ms-dos

Back