Budget 10-15K Looking for a phone kinda urgently (last one died)

Nial

Recruit
1. Budget?
A: INR 10-15k (might increase to 17k but prefer not to)

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Got no clue. I used Samsung Note 2 for 8 years though so kinda used to that. I mainly watch videos on youtube or amazon prime with occasional gaming.

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android with stable system.

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4g with wifi that eats less battery.

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. I will state what I will use it for below.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Netflix, Amazon prime, Youtube (basic video apps that I use over 3-5 hours a day minimum during travel etc.) Casual Multiplayer games like The Infinite Black (a lot), High graphics game like future fight, clash of clans etc for about 15-30 mins a day. Dont care about camera etc. But emails would be needed.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual sim if possible.

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online or offline. I am based around Kolkata right now.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, Phone shouldnt turn into over if I watch video for 1-2 hours or play old games for 2-3 hours etc. Basically dont heat up when wifi/mobile data is active with video/mid tier games.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A:I got no clue I did check the new phones on amazon like Redmi 9 prime etc but I rather want actual users than paper stat infos.

Ok so what I want is a good battery with fast charging (thats a must). I travel a lot so I often pass time with Online videos like amazon prime, youtube etc. Othertimes I read ebooks for hours (5-6 hours sometimes).

I also play games like The infinite black a lot. Its old game but quite CPU intensive along with data (multiplayer basically). I also play Future fight/clash of clans/soul hunters/rise of kingdoms occasionally everyday for an hour or two max. Dont care about their graphics performance as long as they run fine. I dont play high graphics games like PUBG asphalt and what nots.

Want a stable phone for 3-4 years if possible. Budget is kinda low atm because of corona crisis etc. But need a new phone pronto since my old one died last night. If you guys have more questions, please do ask. I will check atleast once everyday.

Last edited:
Been using the M31 since release and its been a great purchase, the M series from Samsung is a good series at your budget. The battery backup is definitely the best part about it and should suffice for your requirements. The camera is a little subpar but can't complain since it works just okay for the price. I have the fast charging option disabled but when I used it before, it was definitely quick enough till 50-60%.
Used to have a Mi phone but got tired of MIUI and the things needed to be done for those pesky ads to stop, no idea about the new Mi phones. There are some solid options from Motorola like the One Fusion+ under your budget if you want the stock android experience.

Been using the M31 since release and its been a great purchase, the M series from Samsung is a good series at your budget. The battery backup is definitely the best part about it and should suffice for your requirements. The camera is a little subpar but can't complain since it works just okay for the price. I have the fast charging option disabled but when I used it before, it was definitely quick enough till 50-60%.
Used to have a Mi phone but got tired of MIUI and the things needed to be done for those pesky ads to stop, no idea about the new Mi phones. There are some solid options from Motorola like the One Fusion+ under your budget if you want the stock android experience.
Have you tried it with streaming apps like netflix or amazon prime? How long does the battery last with those running? Like one movie is around 1.5-2 hours. Does the phone heat up? Does the battery drain fast while using streaming apps?
How is the ram usuage for general use? I saw mixed reports on amazon reviews saying that its quite bloated and 6 gb acts like 3gb lol.

Have you tried it with streaming apps like netflix or amazon prime?
No, I use those directly from a Smart TV but frequently use other streaming sites directly from a browser and apps.
How long does the battery last with those running? Like one movie is around 1.5-2 hours.
While I have never paid greater attention to my battery backup. I believe it's around 6+ hours on constant streaming at normal brightness for me.
Does the phone heat up?
The phone has yet to heat up for me on normal usage but it did heat up a lot when I played this game.
How is the ram usuage for general use? I saw mixed reports on amazon reviews saying that its quite bloated and 6 gb acts like 3gb lol.
I have the 6GB ram model and never used anything that has taken more than 3-4GB of ram. Personally, I have stopped taking amazon reviews seriously after having very opposite experiences from the reviews mentioned on products that I have purchased. Nowadays, I generally just look for the amazon fulfilled mark, read a few reviews to get a better image for the product, order it for myself and return if needed. Here's an article about Fake Amazon reviews.

Last edited:
I would say go for Redmi Note 9 Pro or Poco M2 Pro. I am using the Redmi Note 9 Pro MAX. Even I was interested in the Samsung M series phones but their processor is much weaker compared to the 720G in the above phones I mentioned. Battery life is beyond amazing and even the 18W fast charging on the Redmi Note 9 Pro is more than enough. The Poco M2 Pro comes with 30W charger and so does my Note 9 Pro MAX but I have not had the need to use it till now and am just using a normal 2A charger for overnight charging. I usually am only able to use only 50% battery till days end and the phone gives an SoT of 7.5-8hrs for that.
Just for trying out I checked how much SoT would it provide for the full battery and I was amazed (check out the attached screenshot).
Screenshot_2020-09-03-19-38-42-656_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

No, I use those directly from a Smart TV but frequently use other streaming sites directly from a browser and apps.

While I have never paid greater attention to my battery backup. I believe it's around 6+ hours on constant streaming at normal brightness for me.

The phone has yet to heat up for me on normal usage but it did heat up a lot when I played this game.

I have the 6GB ram model and never used anything that has taken more than 3-4GB of ram. Personally, I have stopped taking amazon reviews seriously after having very opposite experiences from the reviews mentioned on products that I have purchased. Nowadays, I generally just look for the amazon fulfilled mark, read a few reviews to get a better image for the product, order it for myself and return if needed. Here's an article about Fake Amazon reviews.
Thanks a lot for the info. I will seriously consider the phone.
Post automatically merged:

I would say go for Redmi Note 9 Pro or Poco M2 Pro. I am using the Redmi Note 9 Pro MAX. Even I was interested in the Samsung M series phones but their processor is much weaker compared to the 720G in the above phones I mentioned. Battery life is beyond amazing and even the 18W fast charging on the Redmi Note 9 Pro is more than enough. The Poco M2 Pro comes with 30W charger and so does my Note 9 Pro MAX but I have not had the need to use it till now and am just using a normal 2A charger for overnight charging. I usually am only able to use only 50% battery till days end and the phone gives an SoT of 7.5-8hrs for that.
Just for trying out I checked how much SoT would it provide for the full battery and I was amazed (check out the attached screenshot).
View attachment 90198
But doesnt the Poco phone have heating issues? I can charge phones on the move so it doesnt matter much. But fast charging and 'non-oven' models over watching videos couple of hours etc would be awesome. Also what about the Note 9 pro as well? Max is out of budget probably.

Thanks a lot for the info. I will seriously consider the phone.
Post automatically merged:

But doesnt the Poco phone have heating issues? I can charge phones on the move so it doesnt matter much. But fast charging and 'non-oven' models over watching videos couple of hours etc would be awesome. Also what about the Note 9 pro as well? Max is out of budget probably.
Yes, I have suggested Note 9 Pro or Poco M2 Pro for you. I watch a lot of Youtube on my phone with no heating or any other issues. You can very easily watch 10-12hrs of Youtube on a single charge on this phone. However, if you can't debloat the phone then I would suggest going for Samsung because the ads on MIUI can be irritating.

Yes, I have suggested Note 9 Pro or Poco M2 Pro for you. I watch a lot of Youtube on my phone with no heating or any other issues. You can very easily watch 10-12hrs of Youtube on a single charge on this phone. However, if you can't debloat the phone then I would suggest going for Samsung because the ads on MIUI can be irritating.
Thanks. I will go to showroom and have a look today.

I got the POCO M2 pro for 14500 from local shop. Have been using it for 3 days so far. So cant say much but its definitely faster than my old Samsung Note 2 lol. I was watched 30-50 mins videos and the phone gets mildly warm. have yet to test with movies or streaming. Will update when I once get the time to do it. Right now kinda busy with work for a week or two.

I got the POCO M2 pro for 14500 from local shop. Have been using it for 3 days so far. So cant say much but its definitely faster than my old Samsung Note 2 lol. I was watched 30-50 mins videos and the phone gets mildly warm. have yet to test with movies or streaming. Will update when I once get the time to do it. Right now kinda busy with work for a week or two.

Which variant?

@ OP, how many times did you have to replace the battery of the Note 2 in 8 years!!??
I salute you man!! 8 years out of a phone, that's just awesome!!
This is the first time I had to change battery xD. And yeah its Note 2 when it first came out. N-7100. I actually got it fixed. Apparently the charging circuit short circuited and fried battery. Changed those two (ofcourse no original parts after so long) and its working again lol.. And it only works upto android 4.4 (I flashed to 4.5). So yeah very good phone. Shame its over.

Well first thing first i have always been a flagship user owned samsung S8 and S9 , Recently Used Nubia red magic 3 with Snapdragon 855 , and POCO F1 as well which has a flagship processor, so i am used to the snappier performance a phone has to offer without any lag , i was also in the market recently after my phone broke down i finalized on Motorola one fusion plus , Some redmi Models and Samsung m40 , but since i really wanted it to get it asap was not in the mood to wait for 3 4 days , i ventured out in the local smartphone galleries , tested out some phones and really liked the Realme 6i Bought it for 14K 6GB variant ,Give it a try if it's available on display in near by shops and decide your self

Well first thing first i have always been a flagship user owned samsung S8 and S9 , Recently Used Nubia red magic 3 with Snapdragon 855 , and POCO F1 as well which has a flagship processor, so i am used to the snappier performance a phone has to offer without any lag , i was also in the market recently after my phone broke down i finalized on Motorola one fusion plus , Some redmi Models and Samsung m40 , but since i really wanted it to get it asap was not in the mood to wait for 3 4 days , i ventured out in the local smartphone galleries , tested out some phones and really liked the Realme 6i Bought it for 14K 6GB variant ,Give it a try if it's available on display in near by shops and decide your self

Hi, if you don't mind, would you like to explain why you choose Realme 6i over Samsung M40?

As here at my place all shops flooded with MI, Oppo, Vivo only.

Back