Budget 51-70k Looking for a windows laptop with great battery life !

this is a common feature, check your Legion (Lenovo) more carefully. ThinkPads had this feature for ages. Both brands are owned by Lenovo.
I don’t think mine has it but I will recheck .

Edit : you might be right it needs vantage software apparently which I hadn’t installed , will do that and check . thanks

I meant slow the rate of charging, instead of fast charging.
I understood your query. The charging rate is not selectable, and AFAIK no one offers that. These days selling "faster" is easier, as it is deemed "better" and can be touted as an added feature.

Well turns out i returned the gram 2021 because no matter how much I tried I cudnt justify a laptop without an expandable ram slot , felt so wrong almost like aphone without headphone jack and sd card slot its just against what I stand for haha . So I am back to looking for a laptop again..

I am again considering gram 2020 but well i dont think 70k makes sense at all considering I can get a dash f15 for 80 with 76wh battery and rtx3070 for example , maybe if it dropped to 50 again I will.

For now I have combined my chromebook with my gaming laptop so that seems decent combo until I decide on the laptop. Any suggestions are welcome though.

Last edited:
Sorry, missed the updates on this thread. I'd agree that 8gb wont last for very long, but for mostly basic work, you should be mostly fine with 16gb for the 2-3 years
at the very least. Wouldnt recommend gram 16 2020 unless you're getting it under 50k. Seems most laptops are skipping the expandable ram options - even gram 2022
has only soldered ram albeit DDR5 so its even faster.

Sorry, missed the updates on this thread. I'd agree that 8gb wont last for very long, but for mostly basic work, you should be mostly fine with 16gb for the 2-3 years
at the very least. Wouldnt recommend gram 16 2020 unless you're getting it under 50k. Seems most laptops are skipping the expandable ram options - even gram 2022
has only soldered ram albeit DDR5 so its even faster.
Agreed , so which other laptop would you recommend ? I think I can sacrifice on lightweight part as long as battery is still good and lasts me through the day.
That won't give you the battery life of the gram
They claim 16 hrs even if it's 8 should do the trick for me

Last edited:
Which gen intel again ?

https://www.ultrabookreview.com/55313-asus-tuf-dash-f15-review-2022/ ( check battery usage stats )

not the best option but I can get 7-8 hrs on silent mode with mux switch to use integradted intel gpu and right profiles.

I am still looking for better options though lets see !

How many hours do you need?
I intend to be working outside all days mostly in cafes where I sit with colleagues so ideally I if can get through the day as charging points are limited which could be 8 hrs atleast ? More juice the better obviously ... thats why I was stuck on gram before but got chromebook for now so can bide bit more time before decide !

8 hrs atleast ? More juice the better obviously ... thats why I was stuck on gram before
This means you really need 10h as that will reduce to 8h with time

He says he got 4-5h and this is with an i5 and 3050 not 3070

not the best option but I can get 7-8 hrs on silent mode with mux switch to use integradted intel gpu and right profiles.
Really?
but got chromebook for now so can bide bit more time before decide !
How you can live with that after laptops is beyond me

This means you really need 10h as that will reduce to 8h with time

He says he got 4-5h and this is with an i5 and 3050 not 3070

Really?

How you can live with that after laptops is beyond me
yeah still not best backup regardless thats why looking for better alternatives !

Chromebook isnt bad at all imo for basic online tasks its a good alternative and gives good battery life , Its an interim solution for now and it does all work stuff like internet things and Ms office stuff fine enough and its light and cheap. I mean If I had 70-80k to shell I would get an m1 / m2 mac ( but then i would still need windows laptop anyway ) but it cost me 16k on sale and has 360 flip screen and touch screen so there will be compromises and I will later use it as a tablet more like but for now it serves the purpose of basic work things.

Anyway I am starting to feel maybe except gram and probably to extent surface laptops its hard to find windows laptops with all day battery life ! I will still see if I can find something. Like I said suggestions are still welcome obviously !

Update : Did manage to get my gram replaced with 10th gen one that I wanted So I am good and it's been working great getting me through days work without charge needed.

Also while I did overpay, just wanted to point out it's again available on Amazon for 55k if anyone's looking for the same ( I think they only have one left though ! )

Looking for a windows laptop with great battery life and preferrably light weight as well.

Been working a lot pit of cafes mow a days but my gaming laptop only has 2/3 hours batery life and its a pain to find charging points free sometimes .

Also want the laptop to have expandable ram and ssd slots and I prefer LCD screens over Oleds , so what are my options ?
Have you thought of carrying a power strip? easily share existing charging point.

Back