Looking for an IEM under 5K budget.

I am a first time buyer and want to buy an IEM under 5K to enter this audiophile hobby. I need it primarily for music listening and also gaming. I've been really interested in the Truthear Zero:Red but now this newly released one called Simgot EW200 has gained my attention. I listen to all types of genres so it has to be a good all rounder IEM. Do you guys think EW200 is worth the shot?

I am a first time buyer and want to buy an IEM under 5K to enter this audiophile hobby. I need it primarily for music listening and also gaming. I've been really interested in the Truthear Zero:Red but now this newly released one called Simgot EW200 has gained my attention. I listen to all types of genres so it has to be a good all rounder IEM. Do you guys think EW200 is worth the shot?
Reddit and YouTube is always raving about the hola. Only slightly above your budget

@StygianClaw can comment more about how is the crinacle red edition

How is hola above my budget, isn't that a sub 2K IEM?
I think he meant to say Hexa. That usually goes for 6-7k on HPZ. It's an excellent choice for both music and gaming.

I went for the TruthEar Red as I preferred it's warmer and "thicker" sound over the details and seperation of the Hexa. I have not tried the EW200 though.

Two things about the Red's to keep in mind:

1. The nozzle is huge. If you have small ear canals you will experience some discomfort. Mine are on the larger side and still needed a few days to get used to it.

2. Due to the way its dual driver setup is implemented, The higher the output impedance of your source, the bassier it sounds. If I use it with dongle DAC, it sounds "as-intended". When connected to my monitor's output, the bass boost is insane. The rumble is fun on some tracks but often it just makes everything sound muddy. So I normally use it with a VE Abigail which solves the impedance issue and also complements the sound signature as it boosts the treble slightly.

Last edited:
I think he meant to say Hexa. That usually goes for 6-7k on HPZ. It's an excellent choice for both music and gaming.

I went for the TruthEar Red as I preferred it's warmer and "thicker" sound over the details and seperation of the Hexa. I have not tried the EW200 though.

Two things about the Red's to keep in mind:

1. The nozzle is huge. If you have small ear canals you will experience some discomfort. Mine are on the larger side and still needed a few days to get used to it.

2. Being a dual driver IEM, The higher the output impedance of your source, the bassier it sounds. If I use it with dongle DAC, it sounds "as-intended". When connected to my monitor's output, the bass boost is insane. The rumble is fun on some tracks but often it just makes everything sound muddy. So I normally use it with a VE Abigail which solves the impedance issue and also complements the sound signature as it boosts the treble slightly.
Oh right I've heard some things about the Hexa but I can't really extended my budget much anymore to get it since I had initially planned to just get a 2K one but then decided to increase it after some thinking.

Thanks for your informative response regarding the Reds. I feel like the first point can become a deal breaker for me since I actually have smaller ears and usually have trouble fitting earbuds into my canal so maybe the Reds won't be a right fit for me. There is no offline shop which sells these in my city so I can't try them out either but as per the reviews that I've seen it seems that the EW200 are more comfortable for most people. Again, thank you very much, I really appreciate such insights as I've only started to learn about these.

Back