looking for cheap android

kartikoli

Skilled
Feb 6, 2010
Lucknow
this will be my backup phone so not looking for grt display/ram/proccy etc....

will install few apps like fring/yahoo/skype to call abroad using gprs

so a voice quality should be good

emmarbee

Adept
Feb 2, 2008
^ - it is his backup phone and he doesn't need grt display/ram/proccy etc
so minimum budget i guess.
don't go for spice mi-310 if you had that in mind "but we faced repeated issues with the HSDPA network. Eventually the phone refused to connect to 3G and remained in EDGE mode or WiFi (when we were in range)." - igyaan.

Don't go for micromax a60 either. resistive touch is so passe.

if you really don't want anything fancy, go for Samsung Galaxy 3 i5801 7.4K. After discount 6.7K. Fulfills your need.

Reactions: 1 person

kartikoli

Skilled
Feb 6, 2010
Lucknow
roadrippersid said:
zte blade dell xcd or optimus one
not willing to spend ~10k for a backup phone
emmarbee said:
^ - it is his backup phone and he doesn't need grt display/ram/proccy etc

so minimum budget i guess.

don't go for spice mi-310 if you had that in mind "but we faced repeated issues with the HSDPA network. Eventually the phone refused to connect to 3G and remained in EDGE mode or WiFi (when we were in range)." - igyaan.

Don't go for micromax a60 either. resistive touch is so passe.

if you really don't want anything fancy, go for Samsung Galaxy 3 i5801 7.4K. After discount 6.7K. Fulfills your need.
how can you read my mind :S

i was thinking abt spice [no micromax] but samsung G3 is the best choice ... totally forgot about it

have to create another ID to order using rcomlb1 ... [both my ID's have already used rcomlsb/rcomlb1 :D]
DarkAngel said:
thanks darky i think it is the perfect choice and a good deal @6.4k

does it have official 2.2 available

aka911

Skilled
Mar 15, 2005
New Delhi
have used the galaxy 3 for some 3 months, nice phone.

Froyo has been available since some time for it unofficially and is actually quite stable..

One thing,I am not sure if skype works on it,do check it if u need to use skype...

satan194p

Adept
May 8, 2010
Froyo update for G3 is available officially. Just went to samsung service centre last week with my friend to get it updated.

Improvements

1.Snappier

2.They have done something with font size or font style text doesn't look pixelated now.

3.GPS now works like a breeze

kartikoli

Skilled
Feb 6, 2010
Lucknow
satan194p said:
Froyo update for G3 is available officially. Just went to samsung service centre last week with my friend to get it updated.

Improvements

1.Snappier

2.They have done something with font size or font style text doesn't look pixelated now.

3.GPS now works like a breeze
thanks for confirmation

prohank

Disciple
May 18, 2011
DarkAngel said:

hey dude is it really a good buy coz it has some great features as compared to other cell phones in its range and no one ever suggested it.Also its MRP was supposed to be 12k but its being sold at 7k whats the deal?Its been a month since I am trying to find a better phone for myself but every now and then my choices differ.I had just confirmed nokia 5230 but this above link now seriously made me to think again coz its the cheapest android high tech phone(beats spice android phone too)
Thanks mate.
Please rate how is it.