Looking to buy either Fosi BT20A Pro or Aiyima A07 pro... Where can I buy from

Thanks for the clarification.
As I understand, all the dvd players that came in last 10 years or 12 which had usb port, also must be having some sort of basic DAC as well..
Cant I use it to directly connect with my fosi through coaxial out and get a decent audio.

Yes, of course you can. I have used the onboard DAC on my Sony DVD player and it sounded very decent. And plus it will keep the chain simpler.

Btw, you will be using RCA for connecting the DVD Player to your Fosi Audio BT20A Pro right?

Yes, of course you can. I have used the onboard DAC on my Sony DVD player and it sounded very decent. And plus it will keep the chain simpler.

Btw, you will be using RCA for connecting the DVD Player to your Fosi Audio BT20A Pro right?
Actually I have just ordered this..
I am hoping to connect the coaxial audio out on dvd to the rca input on my amp...

Deal of the day: AmazonBasics 1-Male to 2-Male RCA Audio interconnects for DVD Player, Television - 4 feet, 1-Male to 2-Male (Black, Red, Purple, Silver) https://amzn.eu/d/185Nb06

If this doesn't work out then rca out on dvd player to rca in on amp

Screenshots_2023-08-27-15-21-09.png

I am hoping to connect the coaxial audio out on dvd to the rca input on my amp...

Deal of the day: AmazonBasics 1-Male to 2-Male RCA Audio interconnects for DVD Player, Television - 4 feet, 1-Male to 2-Male (Black, Red, Purple, Silver) https://amzn.eu/d/185Nb06

View attachment 176609

Do post an update on if the cable worked or not...

Do post an update on if the cable worked or not...
But of an anti climax, was gonna try a friend's old dvd player just check how the cable and the amp responds but turns out it's not working..
Hence I am again in the hunt of an old dvd/cd player coz I don't have any other media player with a coaxial out atm.
Strated WTB thread as well for the same...

Last edited:
If you're getting a dvd player, make sure you buy one which gives you the ability to set the sampling rate for the digital out. The cheap ones force everything to 48khz and resample cd audio which is 44khz with not so great results, even if you're using a wonderful dac

View attachment 176609
Just a FYI, coaxial audio outputs are not analog, you can't just connect them to RCA analog in. Coaxial outputs are still S/PDIF (digital bitstream), similar to optical toslink cables.

Just a FYI, coaxial audio outputs are not analog, you can't just connect them to RCA analog in. Coaxial outputs are still S/PDIF (digital bitstream), similar to optical toslink cables.
I suspected that... Still thought to give a try... Thanks for clearing it though.
May replace the cable

Back