Budget 31-40k looking to buy used macbook Air 2017

Saito

Recruit
I'm looking to buy a used macbook Air, the 2017 model with the USB ports. Very low on budget and other laptops in the 30,35-40k range seem to be of very poor quality or compromising on features. Can someone please tell me what to look for and what all to consider or if there are any alternative options. I have compromised on my academics for a long time borrowing laptops and using my phone.

You can get a decent Ryzen powered laptop at that budget. You need to compromise on the screen quality, a bit.

If you want only a MacBook, then post in the "I want to Buy" forum.

can you Suggest ryzen based good laptops in that price range
You can get a decent Ryzen powered laptop at that budget. You need to compromise on the screen quality, a bit.

If you want only a MacBook, then post in the "I want to Buy" forum.
or any good laptops

zoom meetings, Microsoft teams, discord and chrome. academic stuff. and probabl running multiple of these together.

I have purchased good used Lenovo Thinkpads and dell latitudes at low prices from bulk secondhand dealers and I have never had a problem with those. I have some still running without trouble after 4 years of use.

Based on where you are at, you could probably walk in to a store and buy. I usually buy them without RAM and Storage. I buy these new and add them and install my own OS.

I got a full magnesium, Dell 7490 (i7 8thGen), 512nvme and 16gb DDR4, forb about 49k.

Last edited:
I have purchased good used Lenovo Thinkpads and dell latitudes at low prices from bulk secondhand dealers and I have never had a problem with those. I have some still running without trouble after 4 years of use.

Based on where you are at, you could probably walk in to a store and buy. I usually buy them without RAM and Storage. I buy these new and add them and install my own OS.

I got a full magnesium, Dell 7490 (i7 8thGen), 512nvme and 16gb DDR4, forb about 49k.
which stores can i get second hand good config cheap laptops?

The problem with used bulk laptop, esp Thinkpad's and latitudes is that they are almost entirely sourced from the 2 year or 3 year retirement cycle of corporate laptops.

Most of these laptops have seen a fair amount of use and abuse as most people are a little less careful with their office provisioned equipment as compared to personal laptops.

You may get lucky but the probability of getting a non abused machine is higher with a pre owned personal laptop than a company provisioned one

@superczar, I can say my experience has been consistently good. I have over the past 8 years bought exclusively secondhand PCs for the place where I work. We have about 20 people who depend on these as daily drivers.

There are currently 8mini PCs, 4laptops, 2surface devices, and 6deskopts (4 assembled and 2 secondhand).

Like I said, depends on where you get them from and you knowing what you are getting into. Even if they run without hassle for 4 years, the average of 14k I pay for the tinypcs is worth it. Especially since the SSDs and RAMs are new, just got swap.

So far, I have had no issues. I hope I didn't jinx it with this post. :p

@superczar, I can say my experience has been consistently good. I have over the past 8 years bought exclusively secondhand PCs for the place where I work. We have about 20 people who depend on these as daily drivers.

There are currently 8mini PCs, 4laptops, 2surface devices, and 6deskopts (4 assembled and 2 secondhand).

Like I said, depends on where you get them from and you knowing what you are getting into. Even if they run without hassle for 4 years, the average of 14k I pay for the tinypcs is worth it. Especially since the SSDs and RAMs are new, just got swap.

So far, I have had no issues. I hope I didn't jinx it with this post. :p
LOL.. I sure hope not.
Was just pointing out the possible pitfalls for a non seasoned buyer..
Mini PCs and desktops can actually be expected to be in better than average shape since they are used solely within the office.

Back