That empty space above the gpu and in front of the motherboard can be 'filled out' with some custom braided cables for the 24 pin connector.
I'm aiming to show as little as possible of any cables. So the 24 pin power would just rool underneath.
Do you have a particular reason why you want the gpu outputs facing away from the motherboard's i/o panel?
I just wanted it to be clean. So I am"thinking" of inverting the GPU so that the water pipes and the power to the GPU can just bend beneath the GPU(as it sits right now). And there would be no output from the GPU as I was thinking of taking the output from the motherboard only using NVIDIA driver hack, so zero GPU output cables :).
P.S. I know I will have to change the CPU.

I just wanted it to be clean. So I am"thinking" of inverting the GPU so that the water pipes and the power to the GPU can just bend beneath the GPU(as it sits right now). And there would be no output from the GPU as I was thinking of taking the output from the motherboard only using NVIDIA driver hack, so zero GPU output cables :).
P.S. I know I will have to change the CPU.
Just a heads up, this will also impact performance a bit. Not much, but can be a hit from anywhere between 5 to 30% depending on game (altho most it's 5-15%). I remember Hardware Unboxed had done a video on this, will link it as I find it.

Yea I'm aware of a very little performance impact. Your numbers seem to be higher than my understanding. I'll look for the video and confirm. I also know I'll loose HDMI 2.1, before someone does :)

Just a heads up, this will also impact performance a bit. Not much, but can be a hit from anywhere between 5 to 30% depending on game (altho most it's 5-15%). I remember Hardware Unboxed had done a video on this, will link it as I find it.
Any help would be welcome.
Nothing is set in stone.
If you could help me find the video it would be great. I am under the impression that a max of 5% penalty was there and honestly speaking I thought I could afford it as I have a 3080ti and I will be using gsync so there was a 120fps cap on it.

Any help would be welcome.
Nothing is set in stone.
If you could help me find the video it would be great. I am under the impression that a max of 5% penalty was there and honestly speaking I thought I could afford it as I have a 3080ti and I will be using gsync so there was a 120fps cap on it.
Oh yea sorry about this, I forgot this. You are right, the max hit is around 5%-6%. I got it confused with Optimus tech. sorry about this.

I have specifically made this account on TE to Congratulate you for doing Waterblock on GPU. That's on even 3080 ti which is in no way cheap. I don't know whether Gigabyte voiding your warranty or not.
Definitely, some other people also had done WB on GPU but they are a pretty handful in India.
Glad to share that I'm also doing full custom loop on my MSI Trio 3080 ti soon. Just waiting for my radiators to arrive. I'll be using EK waterblock with a full EK build. I have imported many things so if you want to know anything, it will be a pleasure to help.

Also, want to know if you are going with soft tubing or hardlines? What case do you have?

I'm trying to get the work done with soft (invisible) tubing let's see how things turn out.
I'm working on a custom case, prototyping it.

Yeah, that's the way to update things. When you will be confident with rigid tubes then you can update too. I'm also doing soft tubing currently. Maybe sometime in the future, I'll update with hardline.
That's really good you trying to make your own case.

Baby steps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-03-15-34-43-65_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-03-15-34-43-65_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Glad to share that I'm also doing full custom loop on my MSI Trio 3080 ti soon. Just waiting for my radiators to arrive. I'll be using EK waterblock with a full EK build. I have imported many things so if you want to know anything, it will be a pleasure to help.
It'll void warranty for MSI GPUs right?

There's warranty void sticker right in the screws for MSI GPUs
There are "ways" to remove it securely and put it back when required. But still pretty much chance of it to tear. So warranty must be the second thing in your mind if you are going the WC route.

Only if you get caught ;)

Some radiator options
I got my rads. BTW they are 420mm and 140mm, both EK CE which is 45mm thick. My config will be simple, 3x front in, 1x back out, nothing at top.

There are "ways" to remove it securely and put it back when required. But still pretty much chance of it to tear. So warranty must be the second thing in your mind if you are going the WC route.

I got my rads. BTW they are 420mm and 140mm, both EK CE which is 45mm thick. My config will be simple, 3x front in, 1x back out, nothing at top.
Welcome to the club.
Some eye candy would be nice

Thinking of take a pole regarding which switch to use for the 'Power' & ' Reset' buttons.

I can remove the two buttons from the mini board and use them.

Everything is square in my build so something square.

Everything is black or chrome so something something...

What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG-20210914-WA0033.jpeg
    IMG-20210914-WA0033.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG-20210914-WA0035.jpeg
    IMG-20210914-WA0035.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG-20210914-WA0037.jpeg
    IMG-20210914-WA0037.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 214
Thinking of take a pole regarding which switch to use for the 'Power' & ' Reset' buttons.

I can remove the two buttons from the mini board and use them.

Everything is square in my build so something square.

Everything is black or chrome so something something...

What do you think?
I would recommend using the MPB (momentary push button) switch, it would be a cherry on top if they have some good LED color's, they could be of your preference maybe both same or different for P & R

Thanks a lot for your input but after waiting for so long without any reply, I have decided to use these cherry MX blues with chrome plated cufflinks. It's a hack job but they look awesome.
Pictures to follow soon.

Incidentally, the round one's in the first picture are MPB's

Last edited:
There was no warranty void sticker/seel. Generally speaking yes it does. Zotac however is best known for not troubling while RMA
Just make sure to keep your orignal pads safe . Technically pads are a part of the gpu.

I was able to remove mine from an Asus 3090, just need a blade and patience

Back