Budget 10-15K Lumia 520 vs. HTC 8S

I am looking to upgrade my current, very useless phone. I have always wanted to try a Windows Phone and these two seem to fit the bill. If there is another phone around the same price range which would be better than these two, do let me know. I have no OS preference.

So which one should I get? I'm getting both of these phones for $150.
Also, I have the option of getting a Nexus 4 on a contract but I'm not sure if it'll be a good idea since I guess we will get an upgrade to that phone later this year and thus I wouldn't want to be stuck with it for the next 2 years.

What would I be missing if I go with either of these two windows phones? Anybody here have them?

P.S With the two WP8 phones, I may actually buy them. But with Nexus 4, I'll have to get it on a contract.
Also, please ignore that budget prefix. I might get one on contract and not many here would know about the prices in Canada. FYI my actual budget is <$200.

How is the battery life ?
Is there any heating issue?
Does it have any problem in WiFi ?

-Battery life seems good, don't have a data plan right now but its lasted me 2 days with the wifi on, with low to moderate usage.
-No major heating issue yet, havent done anything heavy so dont know how it'll react then. Does start to get warm even with the phone cover on after 30-45 mins of gaming
-No problems with wifi

Back