FS: Desktops Mac Mini M1 8/256 with 6 months+ warranty remaining

I think 37k is a good price. That's a 27inch monitor price cheaper than an M2 mini. And I am sure the real world difference will be all that much. To compare, I got a i7 8th Gen mini PC (16 | 512) for about 16k. (By that virtue, an i5 4th gen unit should cost about 8k). The price and performance do not always scale. It is about utility and Mac M1 for someone who knows how to use it is worth whatever they decide to pay.

To anyone buying this product for around 35K, just want to make people aware that the new Mac Mini M2 is available for 49K.

Refer to the attached screenshots.
The sale is done, and not with you. You can create a new post in recommendation thread. Your post is unnecessary in this thread.

You are clearly in the wrong here BTW, as you went out of the way to try to insult the seller through malafide and incorrect feedback. You have taken a personal grudge, which is pointless and self-defeating. it wouldn’t be unwise to show some humility and accept that one has erred.

@mods @puns please look into if the threads can be cleared of off topic discussions.

Last edited:
Just read this.
Personally,this is by far the most entertaining thread in the forum .
The negative feedback for a sale that didnt even happen is just a cherry on top.
:)
Edit- i remember this new forum member used to have a dp, guess its removed now.

There is no advice needed for buyers here as people are more knowledgeable and able to judge the value they get for the price paid. And to top that leaving a negative feedback is not at all right.

im checking on the website its 59k
It's actually 59,990. The 49,990 price (which was also mentioned as 49k, but is actually 50k) is available after student discount. But you can easily get 5k discount using HDFC (or some other) card at any time. Moreover, the base model often goes for slightly lower on Amazon/Flipkart/Tata Cliq and you can also get it for lower at physical stores.

The funny thing is that I never pretended that it was priced higher. I clearly wrote that I felt that a 25% discount for 1.5 years old product is fair as it is an Apple product, which is known to last for up to 10 years. Even otherwise, 30-35% discount is what most products go for with this much usage.

Apple M1 is a very powerful processor and I never had any issue while using it, just that I could not adjust with Mac and didn't have much use for it. It's not like it's a severely underpowered machine or anything. It beats Core i5 12400 and Ryzen 5 5600, both desktop processors., in single core performance (as per passmark score). I have personally tested this and found that same tasks (single-threaded) finish faster on M1 as compared to 5600 (which I own as well). In multi-core as well, it's only 20-25% behind these two. In comparison, a Ryzen 3200G absolutely trashes what the other guy was selling. Here's a comparison of Mac Mini 2014 Vs. Ryzen 3 3200G https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/2312vs3497/Intel-i5-4278U-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-3200G.

The only limitation is that the RAM is not upgradable, which I have no control over personally and is already known to everyone buying Apple devices. Storage can easily be upgraded using a thunderbolt dock or external SSD.

BTW, shipment was picked up by Delhivery yesterday. Gave a teary goodbye and wished it a safe trip.

Thank you @gourav
Received the Mac Mini M1 today. Had a quick look and all seems to be ok and working fine. Will test for 2-3 days, as we agreed, and then will leave feedback.

Just leaving it here for posterity. Sent via Delhivery, they delayed pickup by 1 day, but after that it reached on time.

Package was insured for a value of 12k and packed in a brown box, giving no indication of the contents. It was the original box in which I had received the Mac Mini.

@Din recorded a complete unboxing and bootup video in a single take and it was a relief to see it delivered in good condition and boot up without issue.

Din was very patient and cooperative in his dealings, interacting with him was a pleasure. We clarified everything beforehand and had agreed to share the shipping risk 50:50 beyond the recovery amount from insurance, in case of a loss. Really glad it did not come to that though.

Tested the Mac Mini M1 for 3 days. All good and as expected. Thanks again @gourav

Smooth deal it was. Shipping was prompt, safe and secure. And pretty good communication. Much appreciated.
Sorry I couldn't reply or post more comments in the thread. Thank you all for your suggestions and comments.

Coming back to it, saw the thread, contacted the seller, checked my requirements again and confirmed. Reached an amount which we both felt fair and reasonable and finalised it. Delhivery shipping was much faster than usual (they used to take longer time for most of the items in my case) and it reached here safely.

Thank you all.

Back