MacBook Pro 14 and MacBook Pro 16 with new processors released

MacBook-Pro-Notch-Feature.jpg
Apple is calling the event 'Unleashed' and its expected that they would be demonstrating the true power of their new silicon which they introduced in the lower end MacBooks. Calling them lower end would not be accurate given how they outperformed the beefier Intel processors. So much so that Intel went scrambling in desperation to release a series of ads showing how non-apple laptops are better, not once comparing the actual performance of Intel vs Apple silicon.

The MacBook Pro laptops are also supposed to redesigned around the new processors which are extremely energy efficient thus leading to a more compact design. The screen bezels are supposed to even thinner than they are in the 16" MacBook Pro and introduce a new MacBook screen size of 14" instead of the regular 13" size. The displays are expected to be mini LED with higher resolutions.

The base models on the new processor, to be called M1X or M2, are supposed to start with 16GB RAM and 512GB storage. The processors themselves will get a bump up from 4 performance cores to 10 performance cores and 16 graphic cores from the 8 graphic cores. The cores are expected to run at a higher frequency. No wonder the event is being called Unleashed and Intel is scared out of their wits.

There are also rumours that the Touch Bar will go away in favor of regular function keys and we will have more variety of ports than just USBC ports currently available. A return to MagSafe charging is also expected.

All this however will likely cost 1,74,000 for the starting model here in India and would price it way out of reach for most of us.

Personally I would prefer that they introduce the redesigned chassis in the current base MacBook Pro model and take it from 13" to 14" with the current M1 processor in the market. I would happily take that model with a 16GB RAM option to replace my ageing MacBook 12. Had been saving every month for past 2 years for this day.

Last edited:
Would suggest getting a new one tbh with all the clearance sales going on. Saw the base 16 M1 Pro (16/512) for as low as 1.42).
Lowest used I've seen is 1.28 for the 16" base , even saw some asking around 1.3 for the base 14" M1 Pro ( idk what they're smoking)
do you have any idea regarding kolkata

Apple Authorised Resellers ( Aptronix/Unicorn) here in Noida, got some promotional Whatsapp pings from one of the employees.

Is the discount running beyond the 75k Aptronix is offering ? With 75k off, starting price is 1.69L. Guy offered some extra 5k discount on student id. Any other way to get more discounts ?
Can you share the promotional ping ?

Is the discount running beyond the 75k Aptronix is offering ? With 75k off, starting price is 1.69L. Guy offered some extra 5k discount on student id. Any other way to get more discounts ?
Can you share the promotional ping ?
Hey, deleted the message got it almost a month ago. Have pinged him again for it. Iirc it was 75k, plus an additional card offer of 10% (HDFC or SBI)

I dont know where to ask this . Mods if you think this is not the place for this question please remove it. I am looking to buy Macbook pro, but spending 1.6l on it seems too much . Recently I came across a used 2020 M1 13inch 512gb macbook pro for 90k , I am seriously contemplating buying it. But there is option of new Macbook Air M1 256gb for 99k from apple. I am torn between these two, need your advice. They both have the same M1 chip but Macbook pro has extra core for gpu + higher memory. what should I do? need your advice.

I dont know where to ask this . Mods if you think this is not the place for this question please remove it. I am looking to buy Macbook pro, but spending 1.6l on it seems too much . Recently I came across a used 2020 M1 13inch 512gb macbook pro for 90k , I am seriously contemplating buying it. But there is option of new Macbook Air M1 256gb for 99k from apple. I am torn between these two, need your advice. They both have the same M1 chip but Macbook pro has extra core for gpu + higher memory. what should I do? need your advice.
13" M3 MBA for 1.04L is much better than paying 90k for M1 MBA. You also get additional 5K discount on HDFC card. They both come with 8GB memory and M2 or M3 MBA with 16GB memory cost about 1.25L I believe. That 8GB will be a bottleneck in the future. Check with Imagine Store. But if you need more power and work on developing apps for iOS/MacOS ecosystem, MBP is overpriced but necessary.

Don't buy from Apple. Check offers on imagine, Vijay, Reliance, Croma and other resellers. Then decide your budget and go for what you can afford.

I am looking to buy Macbook pro, but spending 1.6l on it seems too much

I read something funny but relatable today: with expensive purchases, you cry only once. Meaning there might be instances in the future where you'd be frustrated with used or lower priced alternatives. Reflecting back on my Apple purchases, I find it to be true.

Check offers on imagine, Vijay, Reliance, Croma and other resellers.

And buy in person, not online. And have them open the seal and check the device before you take it home, there have been situations where sealed box Apple devices at these resellers contained a used, malfunctioning, or no device at all. It's a scam purported by one or more of the store's employees.

If buying online, then I would buy from Apple directly before anywhere else, apart from Amazon and only from Amazon if there's one day delivery — there's way too much opportunity for fraud/risk if delivery takes more than one day with a high value purchase on Amazon. This is a personal rule of mine.

I read something funny but relatable today: with expensive purchases, you cry only once. Meaning there might be instances in the future where you'd be frustrated with used or lower priced alternatives. Reflecting back on my Apple purchases, I find it to be true.
ROFLMAO. This is so true. Whenever I try to buy mid range phone, I get scolding my wife in the lines of 'why do you want to buy something that you won't like and crib. You will anyway discard it for something better so buy what you like and not waste money.'. Case in point : When my S7 had issues, I got Realme 3 and jumped to Poco F1 and then to OP8 and finally back to iPhone.

ROFLMAO. This is so true. Whenever I try to buy mid range phone, I get scolding my wife in the lines of 'why do you want to buy something that you won't like and crib. You will anyway discard it for something better so buy what you like and not waste money.'. Case in point : When my S7 had issues, I got Realme 3 and jumped to Poco F1 and then to OP8 and finally back to iPhone.
People underestimate the importance of a reliable operating system on phones, the good thing about iOS in general is nothing ever changes drastically, once you learn how things work, you never ever have to re-learn it, no matter how many times you change your iPhone to next models. It stays the same. For something to stay the same and work reliably it has to be done right in the first place.

It's not the same with android, things keep changing too fast, it like they don't wanna settle something for once and for all. Menu systems keeps changing, people forgetting where that one particular setting is when they change their phone from one company to another. It's not the users fault, it's the lack of ecosystem. An ecosystem on which one can depend upon.

My wife is not a tech savvy person, but she is using an iPhone from the last 8 years, she now knows the iOS inside out to the point where she even knows it's quirks and how to get around it. It's like it is a part of her life now, somewhat like an extension, because of one reason it never changes drastically and because of it her workflow never stops. For her entire remaining life she has this phone thing sorted out, she doesn't need to look into any other phone ever again, she know if it's an iPhone it will get the job done.

For example even after 30 years from now whatever iPhone she will have at that point, she knows that all she has to do to track my location is go to the find my app, and there I am and my live location. We don't have to mess with this setting or any kind of permissions ever again because we know we set this up once and it will work every time. All we have do is whatever iPhones we get in future we just have to login with our own apple IDs and that's it, all the settings get sync'd.

There are countless magical things like these on iOS which people don't know, and most importantly how much time it actually saves. The model of the iPhone actually is not that important, it's the ecosystem.

I usually agree, however on my friends and brothers iPhone 12, the latest updates have added annoying bugs, like audio ducking on notification - the volume for all media reduces as if a notification is playing, even when its done playing. Camera is sometimes slow to open. Face unlock sometimes become slow.

These issues are slightly tricky to reproduce and nail down, hence come across as annoyances with no noticable fix apart from a rollback.

I usually agree, however on my friends and brothers iPhone 12, the latest updates have added annoying bugs, like audio ducking on notification - the volume for all media reduces as if a notification is playing, even when its done playing. Camera is sometimes slow to open. Face unlock sometimes become slow.

Use automation to disable all notifications when on call and enable when off call. But yeah, it is supremely irritating especially when in important call/meeting.

Back