MAFIA II ~Discussion Thread~

Console versions are coming this weekend , PC version would be available next week around 4th Sep

Just saw that i had Vsync on :p So turned it off, and PhysX to full :p Still runs smooth as butter. Fun game. But seems short. Already finished 55% of it. I hope 2K releases some sort of chapters like the EFLC for GTA, else this superb Engine will be wasted.

Have the game installed. Will try it out after i reach home from office.
@Phoenix wat fps are you getting at all high settings (incl PhsyX)?
I hardly get 42fps (avg) @ 1920x1080 with all high. (in the demo, didnt get time to try out the full version)

is it just me or the character keeps on dying even if there's a small accident when in the vehicle?? and why can't i handle more than one gunshot.. :S

Party Monger said:
Whats the min requirement? (config wise?)
Minimum System Requirements for Mafia II :-

* CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2 Ghz / AMD Athlon X2 @ 2.4 Ghz

* RAM: 2 GB

* HDD: 16 GB free disk space

* Graphics: 512 MB Graphics Memory

* Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible

* DirectX: Version 9.0c

Finally got a chance to play last night, played the first two chapters, so much better that GTA IV imo :D , had no problems running it at 1920x1050 with 2X AA and 16X AF on my 4870(1GB) with a Phenom X4 @3.2 and 4GB RAM with PhysX Off.

Only problem I encountered with the demo as well as this release is that once I exit the game, the whole screen is dimmed out, it's fixed by unloading Aero and then reloading it.

I'd give it 9/10, dunno why the reviews have rated it so low. Loved the first one and this one seems equally good, will definitely buy it once it's launched. :)

Only problem I encountered with the demo as well as this release is that once I exit the game, the whole screen is dimmed out, it's fixed by unloading Aero and then reloading it.

I just restart the machine which is a PITA, but it restarts quickly due to the SSD so its not so bad, but still a PITA.

I have the exact same issue. what Ati driver are you using...Is this only with Ati cards? Anyone with nVidia please comment.

It's an ATI issue for sure & I can confirmed the same issue persists in the full version as well. ATI and their idiotic drivers!

^^ Yes it is a driver issue with ATi :no::mad:

They are supposed to get out 10.8 in a few days, should fix this issue....Atleast I hope they do....

It has nothing to do with the Game code, the full game or the Demo both have the issue...

Played the beginning on my Xbox 360 yesterday. It seems as if the dev has made the game on the old Mafia 1 engine ( a few modifications have been added ) . In general there seems to be a lack of AA . The gameplay is excellent & the city itself feels to be more living and breathing that GTA IV ( cmon we've got stray animals & kids ) .

Lemme see how this baby turns out :)

is it just me or the character keeps on dying even if there's a small accident when in the vehicle?? and why can't i handle more than one gunshot..

Check your health bar. You may be using one of the nuked cracks out there.
Have the game installed. Will try it out after i reach home from office.
@Phoenix wat fps are you getting at all high settings (incl PhsyX)?
I hardly get 42fps (avg) @ 1920x1080 with all high. (in the demo, didnt get time to try out the full version)

Benchmark shows 37fps :p But the game is so smooth so i don't need to see any other thing. PhysX full On is WOW. The cloth effects and other particle effects are mindblowing.

This game so needs a Episode from Empire Bay :p

Yes, skdrw has been nuked but if you keep system date to 2nd September the game works fine, but as per the developers the performance of the game keep decreasing chapter by chapter.

So I am waiting for the proper crack, which will take 2-3 days to come out.

On Chapter 14 now. No performance issues whatsoever. I think there are only 15 chapters. As of now the story is pretty good. The movies are worse than the in-game graphics, which is a first for me at least :p

Back