MAFIA II ~Discussion Thread~

thexfactor said:
^ it's an ATI thing, just press ctrl-alt-del and then cancel, no need to log off :)
Not even that needed.

Just right click mafia2.exe and in compatibility tab check 'disable desktop composition'.

This would disable Aero, which is not compatible with mafia 2.

chaqli said:
Not even that needed.

Just right click mafia2.exe and in compatibility tab check 'disable desktop composition'.

This would disable Aero, which is not compatible with mafia 2.
Thanks dude. I had this problem but thanks to you its solved. :)

thegame said:
I had purchased GTA4 and EA sports Cricket game way back in Dec08 and the deal was good and smooth, have also tried intencity as they have lesser quotes compared to nextworkd but mind you its very less difference between them, even 2 days back i have preordered Mafia2 and Kane and Lynch @ nextworld.in for (Mafia2 - 470 + 40 shipping, KAL2 - 899 + 40 shipping)
= 1449 minus 12 Reward points whereas the same in intencity.in is 475+900 = 1375, so booking at intencity saves you 74 (1449-1375) but the reason i bought at nextworld was that the transaction can be done anytime just like ur mobile bill but for intencity its a net transfer and for me icici bank is on only till 6.30 pm and satrudays upto 2.30pm only and when i tried i do it i wasnt as i logged in after the time limits whereas in nextworld i placed the order at 11pm and it was quick and fast.
All the prices at nextworld.in are inclusive of credit card charges, whether its games or other stuff. I preordered Xbox Slim 250 GB for Rs. 21390 with credit card, whereas intencity is charging 2.8% extra. So I saved Rs.600 and got 2 games & a Tee too.

sonya said:
All the prices at nextworld.in are inclusive of credit card charges, whether its games or other stuff. I preordered Xbox Slim 250 GB for Rs. 21390 with credit card, whereas intencity is charging 2.8% extra. So I saved Rs.600 and got 2 games & a Tee too.
Is it me or is it that all your posts are related to promoting nextworld ? :cool2:

u r always welcome when u'll be in Satara..

Just let me know once you get a DB9/DBS added to the list :p

PhOeNiX said:
Is it me or is it that all your posts are related to promoting nextworld ? :cool2:

Just let me know once you get a DB9/DBS added to the list :p

Haha, point noted. BTW, just started playing Mafia II CE, the sound effects on my JBL home theatre are simply mindblowing. Best cinematic experience after GOW.

Mafia II target of Jimmy's Vendetta Sept. 7

Add-on pack for 2K Games' organized crime action adventure drops next week on 360, PS3, PC for $10; Italian-American foundation issues more brouhaha.

PlayStation 3 gamers got the first taste of add-on content for 2K Games' Mafia II, which landed to a warm critical reception for Sony's system, as well as the Xbox 360 and PC last week. Titled The Betrayal of Jimmy, the exclusive downloadable content was offered free to those who purchased a new copy of the game, and used-game purchasers could gain access by ponying up $10.

Now, Xbox 360 and PC gamers will also have a chance to extend their Mafia II experience, as the Jimmy's Vendetta DLC will be available on all three platforms beginning September 7. Unlike the PS3-excluisve add-on, Jimmy's Vendetta will carry a $10 (800 Microsoft points) charge, irrespective of whether gamers picked up a new or used version of Mafia II.

Jimmy isn't the most subtle of cleaners.

With wiseguy Vito playing the central role in Mafia II's storyline, Jimmy's Vendetta focuses on the titular hit man as he acts as the mob's cleaner across Empire Bay. The add-on pack includes more than 30 new quests, with Jimmy engaging in various acts of skulduggery ranging from assassinations to high-speed chases. Jimmy's Vendetta also introduces new leaderboards, whereby gamers will compete to achieve the highest scores in the aforementioned missions

:clap::clap::clap:

Finished. Good game. Dialogues and story stand out exceptional. Gameplay feels repetitive after completing gta series. Combat is engaging in latter half of the game. Driving experience certainly could have been enhanced by expanding the world. Short corners and conservative speed limits the fun. Cinematic experience is wonderful, but you'd sometimes feel you're being cut short on gameplay. Rest was fun.

Is the gameplay akin to The Saboteur? :ashamed:

Asking this since I skipped GTA 4 because of the crappy port.

Much better and reformed than the Saboteur. You won't see Vito doing wall climbs like Devlin did. It's linear, so you don't get to pick the mission by visiting the characters destination indicated on the map. You start with a chapter, complete the missions, head back home, sleep and arise for the next mission. It involves a lot of travelling. So be sure to pick a good vehicle.

Back