MAFIA II ~Discussion Thread~

Damn...PSN+ subscribers are having it exclusive for 24 hrs...dat means...normal PSN users will get it tomorrow :mad:

@ally or anyone...can anyone check US / UK PS store for Mafia 2 Demo.....

^^ Why is the price surprising. In India, most games launch at prices 399/-, 499/-, 699/- or 999/-.

Jasku said:
@Lord- cmmon really, I dont think the police chase was that bad.

It was not bad for me at least as I completed it in the first try. But I heard from a lot of people on forums that they were ticked of by the starting police chase sequence.

Ethan_Hunt said:
[/IMG]

Sorry for the shitty pics, but this is what my hardware can pull off. ;)

The game looks amazing with that old-style slick hud. Btw what are your hardware specs? Im wondering if my system will be able to pull 45+.

I have the same configuration as yours, but my processor is an E8400 @stock. You should be able to pull it off without AA, Ambient Occlusion & APEX.

@Andy: The PS3 demo is not out on US a/c. It's out in UK, from what I have seen online. Trust me, people are complaining about horrible frame drops once they enter the car on the PS3 version. Also about tearing issues.

Desecrator said:
Damn! Allywyn has already played the demo! Dude this's way too much! :mad:

Good screenies. :D

It's a measly 1GB demo. Even a person with 256K connection should be done in a couple of hours.

Tried the 360 version and it sucks donkey balls. Frame rates are extremely poor and suffers from heavy tearing issues. No AA, so the jaggies are all over the place. Console version plan canned for this game.

Rockstar? It's 2K Czech or Illusion Softworks as they were previously known. ;)

It seems they haven't optimised it for the consoles. PC version is the best looking and better performing version.

Illusion Softworks are one of the best PC devs around , no wonder its optimized so well.

Ethan chk my post on IVG regarding horn. :p

This Message will self destruct in 5 seconds.

@ally....2K Games is a SBU like R* under Take Two Ownership :bleh:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Downloading Demo off US PSN.....

^but all they can do is Push proper ports on both consoles, if the lead was PC (I assume) :p

although i have not got time to play the DLed demo off PSN...i will try it so in afternoon...after office :p

I'm happy that they at least optimised it for the PC. There are very few developers these days who keep PC as their lead platform and then focus on consoles.

Just finished the demo, then strolled in the city for 30min. The game is exactly as awesome as the prequel :hap2:

There's so much more to stroll around now:

Home: 3-4 things to fiddle with. And your fav magazine is on the table.
Bars :Give you the out-of-focus effect if you drink too much
Clothing outlets: Damn the shirts n suits seem armani :p Also, dont forget to pick your copy of *Ahem*.
Burger joints: nm
Car wash: Shiny already-smashed car!!
Mechanic: Custom wheels, sports tuning :O

^^good for PC gamers & Bad for Console Gamers then....but the time since Original came has changed and everyone is counting on CONSOLE to make a Game Profitable. PC Game Profitability is considered niche IMO.

If this Game fails on Console's, then what ?

@Sato..u played it on PC ?

Back