MAFIA II ~Discussion Thread~

That's why it's better to go for the PC version. In real time as well, the 360 version looked absolutely horrible. I'll try the PS3 version in some time.

Tried PS3 demo......have to say...totally disappointed in the Gameplay, Graphics & every other dept except the cut-scenes.
Dunno why they have crapped it on Consoles, currently DLin PC demo....hoping it will do justice.

@ally...I am sure I cannot play the game with mouse & kb, will b using 360 controller, is it good ?

xXx said:
@ally...I am sure I cannot play the game with mouse & kb, will b using 360 controller, is it good ?

It's flawless with the 360 controller. Natively mapped and the vehicle controls are extremely responsive on it.

Tried the demo. The gfx is good and so is the PhysX effect. PhysX set to Medium gives me avg of 48fps with everything set to high and AA & AF both set to 2X. Ambient Occulusion is ON. Looks like its time to get the 2nd GTX 470. :D

Re: Mafia II

The Demo for the game is out. I am downloading it right now, will give my impressions when I play it tonight. :D But from what I am hearing, it lives on to its hype.

Ok...I played the PC version and it looks nice n cool, i get around 47 FPS.

the console version is not having AA and what not. The physx was good, but i guess all the energy went into making physx looking good, not the overall polishing of the game.

The gameplay sucks on DS3....

Played about 15 minutes of it last night and it was awesome...by far much better than the graphics or gameplay of the GTA's. Its much smoother and easier to aim and shoot as well. really enjoyed what little I played and am sure going to buy this one.

Random Incident (Journal entry 1):

I just went into a bar. It was completely empty except the owner. I got a weird idea and thought of pointing my gun at him just to watch his scared reaction to it. As soon as I aimed my gun at him, motherf*cker pulled out a pump action shotgun out of nowhere. I wasted him without hesitation and ran out of there. Heard a cop over CB stating there's been an homicide. I came back after few minutes and saw the Bar was sealed shut with "Crime scene" label patched across it. Amazing huh?

Ethan_Hunt said:

I just went into a bar. It was completely empty except the owner. I got a weird idea and thought of pointing my gun at him just to watch his scared reaction to it. As soon as I aimed my gun at him, motherf*cker pulled out a pump action shotgun out of nowhere. I wasted him without hesitation and ran out of there. Heard a cop over CB stating there's been an homicide. I came back after few minutes and saw the Bar was sealed shut with "Crime scene" label patched across it. Amazing huh?
coool :O
btw, had some fun today in Mafia2 :p

Fun stuff to do in Mafia 2

Your very own Car transporter :p

mafia22010081212003637.png

mafia22010081212003925.png

mafia22010081212004097.png

mafia22010081212004231.png

mafia22010081212020884.png

mafia22010081212004350.png

How to load the car -
  1. Find the truck, if the trunk is not open, then crash your truck by driving it in reverse.
    2-3 crash will open the trunk.
  2. Find a platform, location like shown in pic.

mafia22010081212034377.png

3. Position the truck & the car & drive the car at some speed, dont crawl.

mafia22010081212052672.png

mafia22010081212053025.png

mafia22010081212040664.png

mafia22010081212064474.png

Tips-
  1. accelerate gradually, if you throttle too much from stand-still, the car will roll off the truck :p
    see pic-
    mafia22010081212041950.png

2. once you have started moving, you can go full throttle, car stays put.

btw, there's a Time limit pacth for pc.

google for this term - Mafia 2 Time Limit

Ethan_Hunt said:

Wow that's awesome! Mafia II is going to be so much fun with gameplay elements like these. :eek:hyeah:

the game looks like crap on the PS3. I'm definitely not getting this for the console. Don't have a powerful PC so will have to skip this game entirely or wait for a couple of months and then pick it up from TP...

Back