Make Moto flagships good again? Motorola announces X30 Pro with 200MP camera and S30 Pro.

My M51 have a SOT of 10 hours but then the battery is much larger (7000mah). I am happy since there are lot of tasker tasks running frequently in the background.

I am waiting for a newer gen soc phone with the same battery size. It will break all SOT records and it will be convenient to charge less like I do now.

My dream phone is this:
An efficient SOC, 7000mah battery
6.5 inch display (I found M51 6.7 a bit larger for one hand operations)
quad hd display
120hz refresh rate
1000 nits brightness
a decent lcd panel (not amoled - I realize that I don't use always on display much and amoled display have multiple issues - little water can mess it up like it did on mine)
ir blaster like it's there in all Xiaomi fans (I really like my mom's xiaomi phone to control our ac, fans, tv, monitor and other devices with it. It's much faster than wifi to control devices though range is limited), native call recording like samsung
fast in display fingerprint scanner. side fingerprint unlocks my phone as I have habit to hold my phone at power button area

less bloat (I had to remove so much stuff using adb in this phone)
native aosp firewall support

or possibility to unlock bootloader with support to relock the bootloader with custom keys just like on Pixels.

I don't care much about the camera.

Last edited:
My M51 have a SOT of 10 hours but then the battery is much larger (7000mah). I am happy since there are lot of tasker tasks running frequently in the background.

I am waiting for a newer gen soc phone with the same battery size. It will break all SOT records and it will be convenient to charge less like I do now.

My dream phone is this:
An efficient SOC, 7000mah battery
6.5 inch display (I found M51 6.7 a bit larger for one hand operations)
quad hd display
120hz refresh rate
1000 nits brightness
ir blaster like it's there in all Xiaomi fans (I really like my mom's xiaomi phone to control our ac, fans, tv, monitor and other devices with it. It's much faster than wifi to control devices though range is limited), native call recording like samsung
fast in display fingerprint scanner. side fingerprint unlocks my phone as I have habit to hold my phone at power button area
Enjoy it while it lasts because the next two M models reduced the battery to 5,000 mah. Yours is a dual sim with a dedicated microSD. they have made it shared with the m52. The headphone jack was removed and no more FM radio. Why do they do this minus-ing on such a big phone !!! and the latest m53 comes with a Mediatek CPU

Talk about taking steps back.
less bloat (I had to remove so much stuff using adb in this phone)
How much difference did it make after debloat? how much did RAM go up by or how much more storage increase?

a decent lcd panel (not amoled - I realize that I don't use always on display much and amoled display have multiple issues - little water can mess it up like it did on mine)
Ah! the M series has no IP rating !!

I have s20plus and fed up with battery life. Almost always it is plugged to a charger now. Initial days it wouldn't last a whole day without power saving on

I am also looking for a phone with long battery life. Was checking samsung F62 but it is almost a year old phone. I am ok with mi or redmi as well. Need a phone which lasts full day without breaking a sweat.

NO iPhone plz. Already have iPhone 6 n XR, but I don't want to jump into iOS boat.

I've personally had a good experience with Motorola, bought a moto g40 fusion last year for my mother, she wanted a big screen and good battery life, It is heavy but built like a tank, and the stock android experience is also a plus as it makes easier to navigate for someone with no tech knowledge, she uses her phone for basic tasks like calling, WhatsApp, watching serials and yt videos for a couple of hours every day and the battery lasts for around 2 days.

Enjoy it while it lasts because the next two M models reduced the battery to 5,000 mah. Yours is a dual sim with a dedicated microSD. they have made it shared with the m52. The headphone jack was removed and no more FM radio. Why do they do this minus-ing on such a big phone !!! and the latest m53 comes with a Mediatek CPU
Yes. That is sad to know. I was okay with M series deficiencies like no carrier aggregation as I do not use data much but these are real bummers. I will not upgrade till the phone is dead or Samsung stop with security updates whatever comes first. I think I'll make an upgrade in 2024 when Samsung stops with the security updates.

How much difference did it make after debloat? how much did RAM go up by or how much more storage increase?
I had not measured before and after. Debloating via ADB is a standard thing for me to do on any new device since last 10 years. My major aim is to reduce the privacy invasive apps. One benefit which I have noticed immediately that is the number of network requests goes down significantly. Only time my phone pings Samsung is to check software updates. I remove most of the core samsung apps as long as they don't break the device. I am attaching my list for M51 which removes 96 apps.

Ah! the M series has no IP rating !!
Yes. It got wet in heavy rains. Luckily the phone got saved and functioning normally. Just the water damaged the AMOLED. So when I use low brightness like 10-20% then there is greenish tint over it. If I increase the brightness then there is no problem. I guess I need amoled display but with IP68 water resistance in place.

I was considering OnePlus in the past as they kept reference implementation of Qualcomm for bootloader. You could flash custom rom and relock the bootloader like you can do in Pixels. I could flash something like LineageOS, add my tweaks, relock the bootloader and live with peace. But OnePlus is dead for me as they no longer have the reference implementation due to merging their core with Oppo color os.

My next phone will be Samsung (native automatic call recording with no voice intimation) or Xiaomi (ir blaster) or Pixel (best hardware security and ability to run modified os with locked bootloader) or iPhone (best performance). But all options will be lacking in some area. I can only dream for a perfect phone. :(

Attachments

• M51 Debloat.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
I had not measured before and after.
Nobody does this which is a pity as I see people saying the phone become more responsive but that will be anecdotal
Debloating via ADB is a standard thing for me to do on any new device since last 10 years. My major aim is to reduce the privacy invasive apps. One benefit which I have noticed immediately that is the number of network requests goes down significantly.
Do you have a firewall to check this?

Play services the biggest one here which you can't do anything about.

Only time my phone pings Samsung is to check software updates. I remove most of the core samsung apps as long as they don't break the device. I am attaching my list for M51 which removes 96 apps.
I was looking at this some time ago and the reference I used to decide what was safe or not is here and concluded there was very little to remove from the S20FE meaning I wanted things that were being recommended to remove or ones to remove did not really take up that much space and could be disabled.

Looking at yours,
- no chrome, I need that to sync bookmarks between phone and laptop
- no google maps ? what do you use instead
- com.android.egg seriously, why man :)
- com.google.android.youtube :oops:
- com.opera.max.oem (No opera browser either)
- com.sec.android.app.clockpackage ( I never needed more than the stock clock, world time, stopwatch & timer) I guess you must have a 3rd party one
- com.sec.android.app.fm ( no fm radio)
- com.sec.android.app.samsungapps ( no galaxy store ?)
- com.sec.factory.camera ( no stock camera app ? what do you use instead)
- com.sec.mhs.smarttethering (no hotspot :oops:)

Not recommended to remove
com.android.mms.service
com.android.providers.calendar (might cause battery drain if removed)
com.android.stk
com.android.stk2
com.google.android.apps.restore
com.google.android.apps.turbo
com.google.android.gms.location.history
com.google.android.setupwizard
com.google.audio.hearing.visualization.accessibility.scribe
com.hiya.star (alerts you if call is spam)
com.osp.app.signin
com.samsung.android.easysetup
com.samsung.android.lool (cleans RAM, why would you remove this ?)
com.samsung.clipboardsaveservice ( I find this useful)
com.samsung.cmh
com.samsung.rcs
com.samsung.storyservice
com.sec.android.app.billing
com.sec.android.app.myfiles
com.sec.android.gallery3d

That's around 20-30 I would not remove

Yes. It got wet in heavy rains. Luckily the phone got saved and functioning normally. Just the water damaged the AMOLED. So when I use low brightness like 10-20% then there is greenish tint over it. If I increase the brightness then there is no problem. I guess I need amoled display but with IP68 water resistance in place.
Why not get the screen replaced? Costs 6.5k + Labour according to this site

Cheaper still if you go with compatible instead of genuine

Nobody does this which is a pity as I see people saying the phone become more responsive but that will be anecdotal
I do this for privacy. I doubt this will have much performance impact as android is good with resource management.

Do you have a firewall to check this?

Play services the biggest one here which you can't do anything about.
Yes. I do.

There is nothing much can be done about Google Play Services. I had once disabled the play services completely but then faced issue with one of my tasker task where accurate location is critical. So I had to revert back to Play services. I don't use Google Play Store app though. I use Aurora Store. It's a privacy friendly front end for Google Play.

I like the GrapheneOS sandboxed google play services implementation. I will use that if I get a Pixel in the future.

I was looking at this some time ago and the reference I used to decide what was safe or not is here and concluded there was very little to remove from the S20FE meaning I wanted things that were being recommended to remove or ones to remove did not really take up that much space and could be disabled.

Looking at yours,
- no chrome, I need that to sync bookmarks between phone and laptop - I use Bromite. I don't sync bookmarks.
- no google maps ? what do you use instead - Browser or some body else phone.
- com.android.egg seriously, why man :) - Haha. Just ignore.
- com.google.android.youtube :oops:- Newpipe and youtube links are redirected in my browsers to individious via userscripts.
- com.opera.max.oem (No opera browser either)
- com.sec.android.app.clockpackage ( I never needed more than the stock clock, world time, stopwatch & timer) I guess you must have a 3rd party one - I use Tasker as my alarm. Can use the browser for stop watch, timer or world time.
- com.sec.android.app.fm ( no fm radio) - I don't listen to FM.
- com.sec.android.app.samsungapps ( no galaxy store ?) - Don't see the need. I am only using phone/contacts app of Samsung.
- com.sec.factory.camera ( no stock camera app ? what do you use instead) - GrapheneOS camera. It got great compatibility with Samsung devices apart from Pixels. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.grapheneos.camera.play&hl=en_IN&gl=US
- com.sec.mhs.smarttethering (no hotspot :oops:) - I am able to use Hotspot without it. I guess this is just a UI or something. Not sure.

Not recommended to remove
com.android.mms.service - I don't use MMS. So removed.
com.android.providers.calendar (might cause battery drain if removed) - Didn't noticed any battery drain.
com.android.stk - Who uses SIM Toolkit now?
com.android.stk2 - Who uses SIM Toolkit now?
com.google.android.apps.restore
com.google.android.apps.turbo
com.google.android.gms.location.history
com.google.android.setupwizard
com.google.audio.hearing.visualization.accessibility.scribe
com.hiya.star (alerts you if call is spam) - Find this and truecaller privacy invasive. I pick up all calls. If it's spam then I just press a button and tasker automatically complaints to TRAI using the dnd sms format.
com.osp.app.signin
com.samsung.android.easysetup
com.samsung.android.lool (cleans RAM, why would you remove this ?) - I am happy with android default memory management. Don't need another tool. You will need to keep this service if you want to see battery stats. I enable and disable this at times. It's just like Xiaomi's Security Center but that is an essential service else phone bricks.
com.samsung.clipboardsaveservice ( I find this useful) - I use my keyboard's clipboard service. https://github.com/florisboard/florisboard
com.samsung.cmh
com.samsung.rcs - RCS is working fine without it. But using Google Messages app.
com.samsung.storyservice
com.sec.android.app.billing
com.sec.android.app.myfiles - I use Simple File Manager.
com.sec.android.gallery3d - I use Simple Gallery.

That's around 20-30 I would not remove
I have replied in the quoted message itself.

Why not get the screen replaced? Costs 6.5k + Labour according to this site

Cheaper still if you go with compatible instead of genuine
I am running the phone at 20% brightness and that brightness the greenish tint disappears. So not bothering spending more money on this phone. I'll keep it as a spare or use for tasker related activities when I get a new phone.

Last edited:
F62 and M51, these two were on top of my list back then. I changed my requirement only after I realized that I would need a phone with a good video camera recording. Else I would've surely gone for either of those two. Really good phones battery wise, something which I really liked.

Back