Market Section - Product Pricing n Discussions [NO Price checks]

@puns This thread wonder why this guy has posted again same thread when last week itself he opened one thread claiming 12345 price tag later updating to 50k for the exact same product... I find no difference between these 2 except for monoblock thing.

dont know about pricing part but had locked it cause of no username date.
now he made new thread with username and date.

OP is trying to recoup bus/rickshaw fares from buyer :dead:
Sometimes I don't understand the logic behind sale threads, when the cpu itself is available for 11.2-11.5k in shops and the seller himself paid 12.6k with free shipping from Amazon, how can they expect someone to pay 13.2k on a forum ?
It was unfortunate that OP received a lemon and had to spend money getting a replacement but that's money that has to be written off, not recovered from someone else. It might be a "no profit/no loss deal" for him but certainly a loss for the buyer.

OP is trying to recoup bus/rickshaw fares from buyer :dead:
Sometimes I don't understand the logic behind sale threads, when the cpu itself is available for 11.2-11.5k in shops and the seller himself paid 12.6k with free shipping from Amazon, how can they expect someone to pay 13.2k on a forum ?
It was unfortunate that OP received a lemon and had to spend money getting a replacement but that's money that has to be written off, not recovered from someone else. It might be a "no profit/no loss deal" for him but certainly a loss for the buyer.

Seller can post any price they want. Lower or Higher. While not going into reasons why one increases the prices ( reasons can be many ), Its upto the buyer to do their research and or negotiate etc.

Seller can post any price they want. Lower or Higher. While not going into reasons why one increases the prices ( reasons can be many ), Its upto the buyer to do their research and or negotiate etc.
So it's okay to sell at a higher price than what the seller originally bought it for? That's messed up.

A little OT:
They tell me that its warranty is being counted from August 2017 , the date that they sold it to the retailer

I MEAN WTF , So if I purchase a product from a vendor that kept the product in the store house for a year and that product has warranty for 1 year , will I be out of warranty at my date of purchase itself ? What insane logic is this.
Rashi peripherals did this to me. They said the actual warranty is counted from the day they sold it to retail stores and that day is on the system and they use this to cross-check the claims of the consumer. Initially the seller (SMC) also denied to help despite having the purchase invoice. It was one hell of a headache just to RMA a f'n mouse. Took me almost 2 weeks to get that shit resolved.
Something which I learned from that incident is no matter how "friendly" sellers seem at the time of purchase, the moment a negative/issue comes up they will wash away their hands and refuse to take responsibility.

Last edited:
So it's okay to sell at a higher price than what the seller originally bought it for?

Yes. There is no rule on selling it at a higher price. Different factors like demand supply, rarity of items, imported items can lead to higher prices

Buying on the forum and then selling it here for a higher price will get one banned though.

Yepp, of lately, the prices of components being sold here are like over-priced. I remember that before this pandemic situation, i would help me colleagues in building their Computer setup by buying used stuff from here. But as Puns said, now there are so many variables, everyone wants to cash the cow.

And I thought ethics was important here. Oh well just gonna have to add to the blacklist.
Supply and demand always sets the price. So if something isn't available then it's price is bound to rise. So how is it unethical to sell it for a fair price even though one might have bought it for cheaper before. Unless it is an essential commodity whose price is controlled by a government policy then it is perfectly in the right of the seller to price what he is selling for whatever price they want. I have a 97 bullet which we bought for 46k but we can sell it off any day for around 80k. It's all because of supply and demand.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Good job justifying the greed of the seller. Look at him drooling all over your support. You lots have obviously forgotten that this is a community first and free market second. If you want to sell it higher do it on olx or some shit.
I haven't sold or bought anything on here for years. But please tell me how am I comparing apples to oranges. Let's say I bought a product for 100 bucks but it's new MRP is now 150 bucks. So if I am selling mine for 120 bucks it's still cheaper than the new product price. If after 2 days of selling my product, I suddenly feel the urge to buy it again, I will have to shell out 150 bucks or buy it second hand from someone selling it for 120. So what I am asking for is the fair market price of the product I have. This is how it works the world over. TeamBHP is also a close knit forum. But you won't see anyone over there saying that this guy is asking for more than he paid if the price of the item is a fair price according to the current market situation. How can selling at a fair price be called as greed. Or do you want the other person to take a loss. Yes it doesn't usually happen in the realm of electronics but no one can or should be called greedy just because what he owns has appreciated in price. If this was true then every middle class person who has ever invested in real-estate is greedy and unethical. BTW, being greedy and being unethical are two different things. I can be greedy and still remain ethical unless I am causing someone else any harm intentionally.

You just compared the price of electronics with that of automobiles and real estate o_O
I am comparing the price of one appreciated asset to that of another appreciated asset. Like I pointed out above, it is not usual for price of an electronics item to appreciate, but if that has happened, how is it the mistake of the seller that suddenly what he is selling is commanding a better price in thr market.
Don't old consoles, videogames, toys etc sell for much higher prices now. It's all supply and demand in the end.

I am comparing the price of one appreciated asset to that of another appreciated asset. Like I pointed out above, it is not usual for price of an electronics item to appreciate, but if that has happened, how is it the mistake of the seller that suddenly what he is selling is commanding a better price in thr market.
Don't old consoles, videogames, toys etc sell for much higher prices now. It's all supply and demand in the end.

Did you even bother going through his sale thread ?
He seems to have edited it out now but his excuse for the higher selling price was neither unavailability of stock nor the appreciated market price but the expenses he incurred getting the cpu RMA'd i.e., bus/rickshaw fares and testing charges.

Did you even bother going through his sale thread ?
He seems to have edited it out now but his excuse for the higher selling price was neither unavailability of stock nor the appreciated market price but the expenses he incurred getting the cpu RMA'd i.e., bus/rickshaw fares and testing charges.
My comments were not for a particular sale thread, but in general. Also, I still don't get it, that even if someone has posted a higher price than what he should, why can't we just let him be. Once his product doesn't sell he might himself lower the price. Personally I will never want to justify my price to anyone in the sale thread. All that discussion can happen in the PMs. Why is price policing needed in a free market.

This same discussion has already happened in the past when people were selling their HDD's at a premium after the Thailand floods, same thing with people offloading their 10 series GPU's for higher than purchase prices during the crypto boom.
No one went and bothered the seller either here or on his sale thread, that's the entire point of this thread going by the title. I just found the reason for higher price amusing, that's it.

This same discussion has already happened in the past when people were selling their HDD's at a premium after the Thailand floods, same thing with people offloading their 10 series GPU's for higher than purchase prices during the crypto boom.
No one went and bothered the seller either here or on his sale thread, that's the entire point of this thread going by the title. I just found the reason for higher price amusing, that's it.

Yeah, his reasoning definitely seems naive. This thread might be for discussing these things but calling someone unethical and greedy behind their back or insinuating other things without proper proofs (which was happening earlier in the thread) is something which I am against. There are way more respectful ways to get one's point across and I hope people prefer to choose that option.

This is one of the silliest arguments I've every heard. It's almost as if people are expecting some kind of charity in the marketplace section.

A seller is free to ask for whatever price he wants. And a buyer is free not to buy!

Earlier the argument was a person is selling at too low a price! I mean seriously wtf is wrong with you people?

Btw the external hdd i bought from Amazon.com two years ago for 149.99 is now 153.99. Should i sue them?
Post automatically merged:

Heck our local stores and Amazon.in are selling electronics way higher than before. Please complain to them too.

This is one of the silliest arguments I've every heard. It's almost as if people are expecting some kind of charity in the marketplace section.

A seller is free to ask for whatever price he wants. And a buyer is free not to buy!

No one is expecting charity but you don't want to encourage scalping either, the marketplace has been ruined by resellers as it is.

Earlier the argument was a person is selling at too low a price! I mean seriously wtf is wrong with you people?

Last I heard was that guy took payment from someone and stopped replying to PM's so there's that too, he hasn't logged into the site either since then so I'm not sure if it has been resolved.

Back