Market Section - Product Pricing n Discussions [NO Price checks]

I have no issues with that as long as it is a level playing field. In this case the seller simply refused to divulge the payment information even after repeatedly asking for it and even made excuses. In the background the payment info had been already provided to another buyer much before.
Well then perhaps they didn't give info due to waiting on the previous potential buyer? But yes, should've been transparent.

While we cannot have an absolute control over things as mods too have their limiations; the answer lies in a good mix of rules + ethics + understanding.

A lot of newbies need to understand that TE is not just another marketplace. TE has its roots in trust. And there are some rules which are in place to build up that trust. Have those ethics in place and follow the forum's ettiquetes; and one can enjoy being here for long .

"Share payment details" is not a confirmation of anything. If you're assuming something then this is your fault. I was serious about the purchase at that time and hence commented "share payment details". No one is here to waste time.
About unethical, I haven't committed anything or said anything to hold on. People's have life and sometime it people get busy somewhere or change their decision. Nothing personal here.
You're in Marketplace section on online forum and dealing/exchange. Don't pretend you're something different.
I already tried to explain my decision in PM but you still put this on public forum hence reply.
When you ask for payment details then that is considered as final. You may be used to FB/OLX or other marketplaces but is not like that here. And you will appreciate this when you are on the other side of the deal.

I've also seen a couple members with such attitude of "whoever pays first, gets it" they share details with multiple members nearly at the same time and whoever's payment comes first wins the fastest fingers contest.
I have no issues with that as long as it is a level playing field. In this case the seller simply refused to divulge the payment information even after repeatedly asking for it and even made excuses. In the background the payment info had been already provided to another buyer much before.
Transparency is the key here.

Last edited:
GPU price drop: 45000 .. shipping extra
we deserve the price which is at least 70% of market price of the same GPU
In your case, according to your opinion, as per current market price of ₹58,353.00, you should price your GPU at 58353*0.7=₹40,847.1.

Although I agree with some of your opinion regarding you having spent your hard-earned money on your GPU,
Technically, mining does not harm your GPU. I am strictly against mining, never done that in my life, probably never will. But time and time again people have come to conclusion that if mining was done in a clean environment and proper care was taken, it does not harm the GPU core any more than gaming does. High-res high quality gaming keeps GPU pinned at 99-100% and mining is generally done at lower power. Memory chips are different thing altogether.

In my opinion, if the GPU looks clean with no burning smell, has proper box and bill and no issues with warranty, if you take care of the GPU afterwards, mining used GPUs are pretty sweet deal as a gamer.

But with so many caveats, people will prefer getting one new for the fresh smell of new hardware and peace of mind.

In your case, according to your opinion, as per current market price of ₹58,353.00, you should price your GPU at 58353*0.7=₹40,847.1.

Although I agree with some of your opinion regarding you having spent your hard-earned money on your GPU,
Technically, mining does not harm your GPU. I am strictly against mining, never done that in my life, probably never will. But time and time again people have come to conclusion that if mining was done in a clean environment and proper care was taken, it does not harm the GPU core any more than gaming does. High-res high quality gaming keeps GPU pinned at 99-100% and mining is generally done at lower power. Memory chips are different thing altogether.

In my opinion, if the GPU looks clean with no burning smell, has proper box and bill and no issues with warranty, if you take care of the GPU afterwards, mining used GPUs are pretty sweet deal as a gamer.

But with so many caveats, people will prefer getting one new for the fresh smell of new hardware and peace of mind.
Well, firstly thanks for giving my post larger audience. Last time (yesterday 8pm to be precise) I checked GPU I have listed was selling for around 61K to 63K from well known ecommerce sites. Now every new hardware resellers doing competition between among their selves by slashing GPU prices, we can't do anything about them or keep track of them.
But I am aware of that and I kept room for negotiations, but if I start from 40K, people will expect me to sell it for 30k. That's how world works!
No comments on mining GPUs. You guys probably more expert on this than me. But tell me this, buying cheap GPU which has been used for mining. How this is different from buying stuff from people who (metaphorically) stole it. They were the reason GPU prices went up in the first place.

How this is different from buying stuff from people who (metaphorically) stole it.
Because stealing is illegal and buying GPUs and using them for whatever you want is not.
They were the reason GPU prices went up in the first place.
Yeah, same as you are late for office due to traffic because many people were in front of you on the road.
Or being upset because you came in last in a race because other people participated.

Just playing devil's advocate here. Yes mining = bad.

I5-12400f which is more powerful than this 3800x is available at 14k (new). Just FYI.
And even if one already has an AM4 board and is looking for AMD processor, 5600x will make more sense as it costs just 2k more and will give superior single threaded performance and pretty similar multithreaded performance. Not to mention you'll get a brand new product with full warranty.

Update :- I received message From my Friend and He Told me that ICICI doesn't Charges anything If EMI is Foreclosed and You just have to call To cancel the EMI by calling their Phone Banking. So I went ahead with it and to my Surprise I wasn't Charged Anything Moreover The Processing Charges Were also Refunded.

So In The End Both Rtx 3080 ti and 5950x Costed me 106784 and there is another 3k in Affiliate Cashback.

This Is What I call a deal. Thanks For Posting this Offer :)
Rs. 86000 - Zotac Rtx 3080 ti
So scalping is allowed here now?

I mean @Vaastav isn't even trying to hide it, as he has already posted here, how much he really paid for it. 78K something minus the discount he got on the 5950X because of the cart value of 3080TI minus additional affiliate cashback (3K as per him) minus the interest as he foreclosed the EMI and paid in full.

I mean @Vaastav isn't even trying to hide it, as he has already posted here, how much he really paid for it. 78K something minus the discount he got on the 5950X because of the cart value of 3080TI minus additional affiliate cashback (3K as per him) minus the interest as he foreclosed the EMI and paid in full.
"So scalping is allowed here now?"
Apparently yes.

So Because of this my Post was Removed??

I priced according to the market price :(

Also how the price which I got have any effect on the price which I'm selling?? @chetansha

Last edited:
Also how the price which I got have any effect on the price which I'm selling?? @chetansha
It is pretty simple.

You bought it in a deal that was posted here. And reselling the same stuff for a higher price.
If we encourage this, people can make a living out of it.

Basically, "grab all deals you can see and sell it here for higher" <-- this is discouraged, and people have even been banned for a similar reason. I remember a guy being banned because he would buy everything that was posted here which was a fair deal and would sell it off for higher on his Facebook group.

It is pretty simple.

You bought it in a deal that was posted here. And reselling the same stuff for a higher price.

Basically, "grab all deals you can see and sell it here for higher" <-- this is discouraged, and people have even been banned for a similar reason. I remember a guy being banned because he would buy everything that was posted here which was a fair deal and would sell it off for higher on his Facebook group.
Oh ok like Reselling which retailers do??

GWLS but one could get a new SN570 for 6.6k. So you should consider lowering the price if you're looking for a quick sale

For anyone remotely interested, even at half of the listed price this is not worth buying.
Just to add, i3 12100F is a far superior processor and costs less than 10k

People tend to forget that i7 doesn't remain i7 forever. Last 2 generations have seen giant leaps in performance and even 3 generation old i7 9700 has fallen behind 12th gen i3, both in single threaded and multi threaded performance.

Then there's the age of the product to account for.

It is pretty simple.

Basically, "grab all deals you can see and sell it here for higher"
There is no such rule as you have mentioned. What is not allowed is reselling stuff bought from this forum and that guy was banned for the very same reason. Buying stuff from other places and selling it here, is and was always allowed. Otherwise how would this forum marketplace work because one would've purchased the product from somewhere.
And it has been discussed many times over in this very thread that the pricing of a product is based on the current market price and not on the price one bought the product for.
Grabbing a deal is all about luck these days and products keep going out of stock or prices keep increasing. By the logic that you and other guys give, if I were to be lucky and win a product in a lucky draw, I should sell it for free because I got it for free.

Last edited:
It is pretty simple.

If the seller priced it according to current market price then what's the problem?

Back