Market Section - Product Pricing n Discussions [NO Price checks]

I had clearly mentioned on my post that I wouldn't accept bargain. So I assumed esteemed member will not bargain.

I got it RMAd for buyer because warranty status showed "Out of region'. He said he will take it if it got replaced since he was unsure about the warranty.

I posted 5k plus shipping. He asked me to sell it for 4.6k today when I shared the pic of brand new RMAd product. When I refused he is telling I used him to learn about RMA and implying that I am a bad seller.

Edit: If senior members here express I am wrong I will apologise to him personally and sell it to him at his discounted offer, if he is fine with it.

I think both of you assumed things without clearly communicating about them.
You could have asked the interested party to send a token amount for confirmation before going through the trouble of RMA. Only then proceed with blocking the item for them.
I dont see any reason you are at fault here. Reg RMA procedure, you could have just created a query thread and I'm sure a lot of members would have chipped in with free advice.

I had clearly mentioned on my post that I wouldn't accept bargain. So I assumed esteemed member will not bargain.

I got it RMAd for buyer because warranty status showed "Out of region'. He said he will take it if it got replaced since he was unsure about the warranty.

I posted 5k plus shipping. He asked me to sell it for 4.6k today when I shared the pic of brand new RMAd product. When I refused he is telling I used him to learn about RMA and implying that I am a bad seller.

Edit: If senior members here express I am wrong I will apologise to him personally and sell it to him at his discounted offer, if he is fine with it.
As a buyer anyone can quote any price as far as its a fair price. As he said he did not agreed upon the price.
I think 4.6 is fine if you got it for 5.3k though you should had priced it fairly and not at expecting same 5.3 after your last purchse.

Honestly, it seems both parties misunderstood each other. Unless the buyer himself said that he would pay the said amount after he does RMA and get a new piece then it's fine. If neither of u agreed on any price beforehand and then the buyer decided to bargain after having done the rma then that's different imo. Seems like the seller presumed he was willing to pay the price asked on the thread when the buyer asked him to rma. That's what I'm making of whatever you guys have been saying so far.

And the sticker is dragon ball z? What does that even mean?

I think you guys are taking it too far and even bullying the new guy.
a) Please show where he had agreed on a lower price than 5k and then refused to sell at that price after RMA.
b) If you tell me to RMA the drive and don't talk about the price, then even I will assume that you agree on the price it is listed on.

Please @nRiTeCh tell me the problem with my above 2 statements. And it is just as insane to think that you should be compensated for pointing out the RMA process, as you think it is insane that he is selling a 5300 bucks product for 5k + shipping. We don't charge any fees for any advice given on this forum and last I checked, the Marketplace is a part of this forum. You should have bargained before asking the seller to RMA. I agree that you think the product should have some depreciation, but it is still the prerogative of the seller whether to sell at a bargained price or not. You would have been correct in your criticism if the seller would have gone back on his word and increased the price after the RMA, but that hasn't happened so I don't know why are you making a big thing out of this.

And now after so much if he demands 5k + shipping for something he bought for 5350 whats the justification for his asking price here?

You should have brought this into the seller's attention at the first place instead of other things..
And I still don't get why you think he has "exploited" you since the deal was never even agreed upon..
And yet I see you calling names and shaming the other guy while he seems to be very polite and mature throughout this..

Anyway thanks for all your views senior members. Just wanted to clarify since my image here is very important to me.

If @nRiTeCh isn't offended, I will sell it for 4,850 shipped. Don't want to have bad vibes with any member. I would also like to apologise for any misunderstanding/delay in responding to him in whatsapp today. I was at the vet with my sick cat, whose fever spiked to 106.

I was a bit taken aback because of the bargain out of nowhere more than anything else, I sold my xbox series S for 27.5k and Bose QC35 ii for 3200 loss(today) so I really am not a pricey seller.

Anyways hope he isn't carrying any resentment towards me. Cheers.

@Kmkaks No hard feelings whatsoever!
@other, I feel I helped him in the overall process purely not by any motives etc. But eod he should had at least considered my fair offer with a very little depreciation. I started at 4.6 and stopped by 4.8k yet kept asking him whats the best price he can negotiate to but he was fixed at whatever priced was quoted etc. Hence bought the pricing factor of 5350 vs 5k+ shipping. Agreed seller has full rights to sell it at whatever price he wants but then buyer also has the basic right of depreciation esp. when he hasn't agreed on any amount be it original or otherwise.
Anyways, I have nothing against it, just wanted to highlight fair pricing policy factor.

If he still wishes to sell me I can buy it as anyways I'm going to gift it to somebody whose hdd conked off! Thats the reason I awaited this long throughout the deal only to ensure in future nor the seller nor the person I'm gifting will be free of any issues.

If not then also I'm fine, no issues but will deal in future. No grudges whatsoever!

EDIT: The deal is completed and as said I have nothing against him hence have deleted all my earlier posts and expect the same from @Kmkaks as well.

Last edited:
One more deal where I helped the noob person spoonfeeding the entire rma process before me buying the product forehand explaining him the headache he and me might had to go just in case anything happens to the product (out of region item)
He got the product replaced successfully and when I just tried to negotiate for just 300 bucks he started crying & yelling and acting so stubborn as if he is selling some bmw for peanuts!
Just be aware of such stubborn people around here who wont pay heeds nor appreciate your help and in the end simply act so selfish!

Literally this guy used me and my efforts. Exploitation!

And he claims he has geart offers on Olx. So let him better enjoy there and then come crying here when something goes wrong!
The fact that you said this about him and yet he's still willing to sell it to you at even a lower price, you have found a really patient and good human being.
@Kmkaks No hard feelings whatsoever!
@other, I feel I helped him in the overall process purely not by any motives etc. But eod he should had at least considered my fair offer with a very little depreciation. I started at 4.6 and stopped by 4.8k yet kept asking him whats the best price he can negotiate to but he was fixed at whatever priced was quoted etc. Hence bought the pricing factor of 5350 vs 5k+ shipping. Agreed seller has full rights to sell it at whatever price he wants but then buyer also has the basic right of depreciation esp. when he hasn't agreed on any amount be it original or otherwise.
Anyways, I have nothing against it, just wanted to highlight fair pricing policy factor.

If he still wishes to sell me I can buy it as anyways I'm going to gift it to somebody whose hdd conked off! Thats the reason I awaited this long throughout the deal only to ensure in future nor the seller nor the person I'm gifting will be free of any issues.

If not then also I'm fine, no issues but will deal in future. No grudges whatsoever!
Just please keep the conversation atleast decent before you start accusing people of anything. It helps literally no one.

b) If you tell me to RMA the drive and don't talk about the price, then even I will assume that you agree on the price it is listed on.
This is the crux of the matter.
Once I agreed to sell a processor to a buyer and at the last moment there were few issues so asked him to hold on and I will get it RMA'd (we agreed to talk again when I get the processor back, No money was accepted or anything). AMD gave sealed box of better processor and I had all rights to sell it for extra cash but I didn't and sold the guy for a very cheap price. That doesn't mean I can't back out and renegotiate because we didn't agreed to anything. So blaming a seller for this is unfair and he did gone though the trouble for RMA
Anyways I see the matter is solved and everything is sorted out so cheers guys :)

There should have been a limit for an active thread by a member in market section its morning and I see 75% of front page is occupied by a single member http://prntscr.com/114dmia he even have 4 more threads on second page http://prntscr.com/114dopv
That means at a given time he is the only member with sale threads on front page pushing all other members thread onto next page which I feel is unfair
This is the definition of SPAM. Maybe we should limit BUMP’s on FS threads -

This is the definition of SPAM. Maybe we should limit BUMP’s on FS threads -
Bump have a limit of 24 hours, what we need to do is limit no. of active thread in market section (for sale+WTB too) there are people in WTB section who have 3~4 thread for a similar requirement (saw one with GPU requirement), Personally it just annoys me seeing same thing for 3 thread when I can move on after watching single thread

There should have been a limit for an active thread by a member in market section its morning and I see 75% of front page is occupied by a single member http://prntscr.com/114dmia he even have 4 more threads on second page http://prntscr.com/114dopv
That means at a given time he is the only member with sale threads on front page pushing all other members thread onto next page which I feel is unfair
I totally agree. It's not just unfair but it makes the whole FS section very cluttered. There's also no way to hide the thread either.
I wanted to bring this up but there's no rule saying this isn't allowed so I left it there. I did reported WTB's thread by one user. Imo the max thread limit in the market should be 5 per member each in FS and WTB section. The member can combine their requirements in those threads.
I hope mods will look into this asap.
What's the going offline price for a 1TB WD Blue HDD these days?

This person bought it for 2850, which seems a little low to me? I don't care about if they're selling it for a profit, that's their prerogative really.
Even online price is going for similar rate ~3000'ish. Dunno why he's selling it for that much. It's not worth it even for local deals. Time, money and energy spent don't justify it.
It's also the reason why I stay away from sellers who hide their prices in the invoice. I'm okay which their pricing but its the lack of transparency which bothers me. If there's no transparency even in the invoice what's the guarantee that they will be transparent in their deals?
Also let's not forget the fact that someone who used to be a reputed seller here with over 50 positive deals altered an invoice and changed the purchase day.

Last edited:
Imo the max thread limit in the market should be 5 per member each in FS and WTB section. The member can combine their requirements in those threads.
I hope mods will look into this asap.

Is there an option to give multiple trader ratings/feedback for 1 thread. I think most people are motivated to open more than 1 thread for the ratings. Also the argument of clutter can be given by the seller as well. Too many things for sale in a single thread can cause clutter and look as a nuisance to the thread viewer as well. Personally, I am less motivated to open a thread which has too many items for sale and prefer single item, single thread approach.

Is there an option to give multiple trader ratings/feedback for 1 thread. I think most people are motivated to open more than 1 thread for the ratings. Also the argument of clutter can be given by the seller as well. Too many things for sale in a single thread can cause clutter and look as a nuisance to the thread viewer as well. Personally, I am less motivated to open a thread which has too many items for sale and prefer single item, single thread approach.
Yes we can have multiple feedback between different members in a single thread but I doubt thats the case if 2 members try to exchange feedback twice (someone please confirm) which i think shouldn't be allowed anyways. Normally I list 3~4 items in a single thread though I don't remember seeing the case where people open 4~5 threads with single item and in all the threads advertise other threads (something like giving a link for my other thread)

Back