Market section - scams with compromised accounts

@shallg how did you make the payment?
I also wanted to ask why you were so careless just because you were desperate but it'll be of no use now. The FS clearly didn't follow the FS rules and you still fell for it. I just wanted to get that out. But I won't rub more salt on the wounds anymore. >_>

@shallg how did you make the payment?
I also wanted to ask why you were so careless just because you were desperate but it'll be of no use now. The FS clearly didn't follow the FS rules and you still fell for it. I just wanted to get that out. But I won't rub more salt on the wounds anymore. >_>
Upi

The member startekselva here from 2016 and he has 7 positive feedback of some members

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-16-10-08-00-169_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-16-10-08-00-169_com.android.chrome.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 211
  • Screenshot_2021-04-16-10-07-55-219_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-16-10-07-55-219_com.android.chrome.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 222
So I was right indeed. It was still suspicious. Hence I didn't edit anything as I still wanted the buyer to be aware.

Be careful guys don't trust anyone blindly even if they have a history here. Do your due diligence to verify everything. The fake image was a BIG giveaway of the scam here.

Last edited:
I pointed out what's wrong in the thread 10 minutes after he posted at late night in 3:30 am.
Immediately he perhaps logged out and logged in with the compromised mod account. How do I know that? I saw the status of that guy (seller) being offline immediately and mod posting at 3:30 am?
And after the mod posted he became offline and seller's account online again. Looked weird but didn't prove anything.

Then again mod asking me to edit my post? Hell no! I wanted the buyer to still be aware about the edited pic and definitely he wasn't in possession of the card at all as suspected.
Market conditions made you trust this thing man, sad. Good luck with the criminal investigation and refund @shallg Hope it works out smoothly.

Last edited:
So I was right indeed. It was still suspicious. Hence I didn't edit anything as I still wanted the buyer to be aware.

Be careful guys don't trust anyone blindly even if they have a history here. Do your due diligence to verify everything. The fake image was a BIG giveaway of the scam here.
Its weird, all of this happened overnight, within a few hours.
It seems the edit pictures are now removed. Were they like listing/amazon images?

Its weird, all of this happened overnight, within a few hours.
It seems the edit pictures are now removed. Were they like listing/amazon images?
I downloaded it locally and shared with a friend over discord to confirm the edit. Just in case if anyone denied in the thread or replaced the images later with something else.

1618550581220.png

A little chat I had with my friend at the same time who's screen name I don't wanna give out.

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    734.4 KB · Views: 211
Hello guys, My account was compromised, my password was changed overnight and these posts were made, the password i had for TE was different from the database leak from other sites, wonder how someone managed to pull this off, anyways have enabled 2FA
So does this mean TE (databases) has been compromised?

Back