Married enthusiasts/gamers, need advice

I used to spend 80% of my time sitting on PC, Surfing Internet, Playing games. But after getting into a relationship I hardly find any time. It's like, my online life is over. I used to watch lots of movies but now I don't. I was crazy for new gadgets and stuff, now I don't even read any gadget blog
<

Being engaged with woman = your personal life is OVER.. Unfortunately, this is the truth. Women can never understand Internet, Gaming, Gadgets.

Last but not the least, "For obvious reasons, we can't live without them
<
"

Yes you game between all those responsiblities...!!

Here is How to:

a. Buy Headphones.

b. Before starting Your game, Finish any Unfinished Discussions/Works because they will haunt you when you are seconds away from completing that task/Winning that Race/Getting Busted/Getting killed.

c. Always use the her Kitchen Time/Serial time for your benefit.

And final thing, If you want to Game whole time then be a Bachelor.

There is room for 1 Love in your Life - Game/Girl/...

Notes form a Casual gamer...
<

Yes you game between all those responsiblities...!!

Here is How to:

a. Buy Headphones.

b. Before starting Your game, Finish any Unfinished Discussions/Works because they will haunt you when you are seconds away from completing that task/Winning that Race/Getting Busted/Getting killed.

c. Always use the her Kitchen Time/Serial time for your benefit.

And final thing, If you want to Game whole time then be a Bachelor.

There is room for 1 Love in your Life - Game/Girl/...

Notes form a Casual gamer...
<

You can't play games forever, you need to have a partner
<
That's the rule of nature.
<

I am a married guy and I play TF2 *regularly*. I do not play any other game because I do not like to play anything else as of now.

1. I game every weekend, close to 6-8 hours approx.

2. Time is a luxury I do not have, so get time for yourself.

3. I have not done any major PC upgrade, still running same just fine. All thanks to financial crunch.

4. At the same time, my wife purchased a 70-200mm F4 L IS lens for me and a Canon 550D to replace my 1000D.

5. Spend quality time with your spouse but keep some time for yourself.

Moral:- Keep your priorities clear with your spouse. Nothing is better than a wife who understands you.

PPS:- I taught my wife how to play TF2, and she often plays( these days rarely) TF2 spamming as pyro with W+m1.

Be careful what you ask for......else, you just might get it! My wife works an hour more, and poor me has to wait with the car, as you would also have to be her chauffeur entrusted with the pickup and drop service!
<

Dude, someone should show this thread to your wifey!
<

I think you will find that marriage will give you many other new and interesting things to spend time on. Later in life you will want to get back to some gaming, and that will be the point to buy a good gaming laptop and a set of headphones, because that will be the only way to do your thing without annoying your wife.

Once you're married, the only way to get things done will be to compromise, and what I mentioned above is just one example. Get used to running on medium settings (that laptop's not going to compete with a gaming desktop). Get used to hearing only stereo sound on your headphones (5.1 surround during your late night gaming sessions (which may be the only time you get to play) will have your wife on your back). Get used to playing on a small 14-17" laptop screen, or get a laptop that can drive a decent 24" full HD monitor at native resolution (gaming on that big HDTV will be out of the question because of soaps).

Speaking from experience :) It's not all bad, anything's doable provided you're willing to compromise a bit. I went from a PS3+HDTV (40" couch gaming) to an Alienware M14x (14" crouch gaming), and am happy I get at least this much :)

you get married and you are in co-op mode.

there is no pause and there is no difficulty switch...define your settings before hand by marrying the right one
<

on a serious note, prefer a girl that has an elder brother...atleast the girl would have seen her brother grow up with games and gadgets that she wont find herself in an entirely alien scenario post marriage..

more over on advanced level:

1. Purchase xbox+kinect ...

2. buy Your Shape Fitness evolved (Kinect)

3. Get her used to kinect for gym/fitness (double profit)

4. Get her to play other kinect games once she is used to kinect.

5. More addicted with other games such as COD ans Assassin's Creed series

Reason being... they teach you alot about world war and ancient history... We can teach our children better... :troll:

Profit!!

A friend suggested playing 'Heavy Rain' along with your girl 'coz it plays more like a movie (plus has some mushy moments
<
). I'd try a second play-through along with her sometime. Other than that, it seems I'll have to devote more time to movies, partying and house chores (all the things I abhor).

But then, what many of you said might be true. Your priorities change as your responsibilities increase. Now I pine for days when I could be carefree and play games all day long (no work). After a few years, I'd want to get back my bachelorhood. Ah, the circle of life!

My girlfriend infact encourages me to play games during weekends. (I got my first job just a few months ago, and it being 'advertising', i hardly have time to even sleep on weekdays). She understands what makes me happy. Goddammit i so want to marry her in future.
<

My girlfriend infact encourages me to play games during weekends. (I got my first job just a few months ago, and it being 'advertising', i hardly have time to even sleep on weekdays). She understands what makes me happy. Goddammit i so want to marry her in future.
<

In my experience a girlfriend when converted to a wife becomes a completely different entity.

Back