Car & Bike Maruti WagonR or Hyundai i10?

montylee

Skilled
Jul 20, 2006
funwithlinux.blogspot.com
I am thinking of buying a car. Budget is around 3.5 lacs but i can go a bit overboard as well.

Which one should i get and why?

WagonR LXi (AC, power steering)is around 3.46 lacs. Hyundai i10 is around 4 lacs for i10 era model (AC, power steering, power windows, central locking).

So, is it worth going for i10 over the WagonR (extra 50K)?

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
My vote goes for the i10; :)

Test driven it and I'd say go for it;

Smoother gearshift, decent boot-space for a hatch, powerful engine, awwsum interiors [for a hatch at the price it comes for], mileage of abt 17kmpl on the highways [with ac switched on], tilt steering etc.

The only biggest con being the glare on the windshield being too much; ppl who wear glasses while driving will have a hard time; :)

Arun.P

Warning: Do Not Trade
Skilled
Jul 24, 2007
Hyundai i10 is good feature small hatch for small family car :eek:hyeah: so u are plans u get marriage soon :p

greenhorn

Patron
Dec 29, 2005
i found the i10 downright ugly :S. A friend of mine bought the spark, but the offer is no longet valid

Namic

Adept
May 28, 2007
not both.... i will prefer a Indica XETA petrol.....or mabbe Indica diesel....am not sure whether the diesel will fit into your budget.....

Indica is nice car....bought just 2 months ago......cost me 3.25 on road after a 22k discount......More internal space compared to i10 or Wagon R.....ya definitely i10 is ugly car

greenhorn

Patron
Dec 29, 2005
montylee, what are you looking for in a car ? though the features in the i10 are worth the extra 50k, make sure you need them before you put up the money :p

montylee

Skilled
Jul 20, 2006
greenhorn said:
montylee, what are you looking for in a car ? though the features in the i10 are worth the extra 50k, make sure you need them before you put up the money :p

i donno much abt cars. I am just looking for basic features like power steering, AC and maybe central locking.

sydras

Skilled
Jul 11, 2006
I think you are pretty set on an i10 but I think that you can save quite some money(almost 1L) if you consider an alto or a santro. An i10 is basically a small car with a big price tag according to me. Actually, I don't understand why people are going for it at the price it's retailing at.

Edit: Just saw the price of i10 you've mentioned. Are you sure it has ac, power windows and all with 4L price? My friend was quoted some 4.5L I think.

Namic

Adept
May 28, 2007
i have all these mentioned above in my Indica...

montylee don u have any preferences about the engine... power of the vehicle kinda stuff

montylee

Skilled
Jul 20, 2006
since i donno much abt cars i have no such preferences.

@sydras, i agree with u that the i10 is overpriced. I spoke to a Hyundai dealer and he told me the price of Hyundai i10 Era model (power windows, power steering, AC, central locking) as 3.97 lac (on road price).

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
sydras said:
I think you are pretty set on an i10 but I think that you can save quite some money(almost 1L) if you consider an alto or a santro. An i10 is basically a small car with a big price tag according to me. Actually, I don't understand why people are going for it at the price it's retailing at.

Edit: Just saw the price of i10 you've mentioned. Are you sure it has ac, power windows and all with 4L price? My friend was quoted some 4.5L I think.

Dude!!! U suggesting a lowly alto/santro to a guy who's set his eyes on the i10???

The reason if u dont undertsand the pricing is cos of the features it comes for in a hatch!!! Check post #2. :|

Namic said:
i have all these mentioned above in my Indica...

montylee don u have any preferences about the engine... power of the vehicle kinda stuff

Namic, let him go ahead with the i10; It is indeed a much better buy than the Indica and performs much better IMO;

Having driven the XETA but I bet none other hacth offers the same features for this price tag at least!! :D

And monty, 4L for the i10 era [on-road] is certainly a good price tag;

Stereo and such stuff would add to it later but still its ur first car so go ahead with the purchase; :)