Laptops (Urgent) ASUS LAPTOP High repair price in UK

NikhilSingh25

Disciple
My sister lives in UK she had bought an Asus zenbook flip 14 for 850 pound in February.

And somehow the screen got a crack near the left hinge. The Asus service partner is asking for 487 pound, 56% of the the product value just for the touch display.

Since she has already sent the laptop to service center she is already liable to pay 45 pound. Is there any way to get them to lower price . Or maybe some cheap way to get the display changed ?
1000034885.jpg
1000034882.jpg
1000034879.jpg

I had a Lenovo fail just like that. It's probably not her fault. The hinge silently causes strain on the screen each time you open/close it and that eventually cracks it. It appears to be a common failure mode for convertible laptops. Now I stick to laptops that don't fold into tablets.

Not worth it. Looking at those screenshots, I don't think it's possible for her to avoid the 45 pounds, forget lowering the replacement quotes. Tell her to pay the 45 pounds and get that thing back. The laptop can be used with an external monitor from here onwards. In other words, treat it as a desktop.

For 487 pounds, she can get a brand new laptop instead. That's 51.5K in INR which is more than enough for a premium laptop.

Btw, isn't this an UK firm? How are they using "sir" while addressing their consumers? Doesn't it lower their value/worth? I was told that only "servile Indians" use "sir"?!

Last edited:
I had a Lenovo fail just like that. It's probably not her fault. The hinge silently causes strain on the screen each time you open/close it and that eventually cracks it. It appears to be a common failure mode for convertible laptops. Now I stick to laptops that don't fold into tablets.
Checked online there are a few complaint about zenbook flip causing screen damage but not enough to raise a argument saying it's a design flaw.
Not worth it. Looking at those screenshots, I don't think it's possible for her to avoid the 45 pounds, forget lowering the replacement quotes. Tell her to pay the 45 pounds and get that thing back. The laptop can be used with an external monitor from here onwards. In other words, treat it as a desktop.

For 487 pounds, she can get a brand new laptop instead. That's 51.5K in INR which is more than enough for a premium laptop.
yeah i have already told her to get it back. will probably ask her to ship it to me will be cheaper to fix it here and sell locally.

Doesn't it lower their value/worth? I was told that only "servile Indians" use "sir"?!
Don't know anything about it, but all the emails i have read in her time there people were using sir/madam.

yeah i have already told her to get it back. will probably ask her to ship it to me will be cheaper to fix it here and sell locally.
I wouldn't suggest you to ship it back to India, customs do not differentiate electronics that are new or old. Best to just hold onto it until she returns back via flight.

I wouldn't suggest you to ship it back to India, customs do not differentiate electronics that are new or old. Best to just hold onto it until she returns back via flight.
Still finding shops in UK that can repair it for cheaper. problem is the Oled display replacement is out of stock everywhere.

Back