Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2 - Discussion thread

Wait those graphics look ME2.

Do we actually get to bring Ashley with us?

I romanced Liara because, Ashley looked like a man (for me) in ME1.

I finally finished Mass Effect 2. Such an amazing experience!

I want to start a second playthrough. I played as soldier but now I want to play as adept or vanguard. I notice you can't change the class if you import your old ME2 save :(.

What do you recommend? Should I start a new game as adept or vanguard, or a new game+ as soldier itself. How different an experience is it?

Wait what?

I was a soldier in ME1, switched to Vanguard... :S

Biotic Charging my way through my 5th playoff but my first import file from ME1.

You can change classes from ME1 to ME2. But you can't change classes on your second playthrough of ME2 if you're importing the first playthrough's save.

Some really controversial stuff:

5AzyC.jpg

read the last point.

Credits to Snake de IVG for the find.

Guys, I am planning to take up the DLCs - Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker and Arrival for ME2. Is there any other important DLC other than these in terms of link to the original story?

TIA!

Nope you are good to go. :)
I would suggest playing my namesake before playing any of the other DLC's and saving Shadow Broker and (obviously) Arrival for after you have defeated the Collectors. [Spoiler? :O]
And Online Multiplayer Pass?
I'll pass. :p I am gonna play ME3 for its epic storyline not some monthly subscription Multiplayer experience.

^Yes, Kasumi's stolen memory and Zaeed's DLC. Although not important to the story but both these DLC's introduce new Squad members which we will see again in Mass Effect 3. Stolen memory is especially good and Zaeed is the most badass squad member after Shepherd.

Completed Mass Effect 1 and 2. Loved both the titles, was an exceptionally great experience to play through them. Although I loved the side quests of ME 1 more than ME 2, but the combat in ME 2 was significantly well done in ME 2. The story in ME 1 however was epic! Stellar games both.

Now moving onto the DLC's for ME 2 and will be playing these (in order):

Normandy Crashsite
Zaeed
Kasumi
Overlord
Shadow Broker
Arrival

Finished Mass Effect 2 on Normal difficulty

Epic ending, really epic

the "Dominate" Power(4th level: Group Dominate) really turned things quite easy

it was really fun controlling the Harbinger and getting it to attack its own squad

also special mention for Mr.Zaeed 'Badass' Massani, dunno what i would have done without Inferno Grenade

completed the game with no casualties and full loyalty :D

bought all playable DLCs and squadmates and some weapon packs(collector weapon and armor pack, terminus system pack)

Collector Assault Rifle kicks some ass, (get this rifle gannu :) )

Absolutely no recoil and pinpoint accuracy and medium ammo capacity (28+280 without ammo packs)

p.s.

of all the mission based DLCs the Shadow Broker DLC was the best

this DLC almost negates the Cover and Shoot strategy as the enemies are more than likely to use it against you

funkysourav said:
Collector Assault Rifle kicks some ass, (get this rifle gannu :) )

Absolutely no recoil and pinpoint accuracy and medium ammo capacity (28+280 without ammo packs)

Is that a part of a separate DLC sourav?

Done with Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker. Both were really good. :D

Conclusion of Overlord DLC:

Decided to put an end to Project Overlord and rescued Archer's brother. His brother's condition and the tears coming out of his eyes during the final moments literally made me weep! :cry:

Will begin Zaeed - The Price of Revenge and Normandy Crash Site in a moment. :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Bah both of them turned out to be very short. :p

The Normandy Crash Site DLC reminded me of some of the last moments of the fateful ship. :(

And what an ass is Zaeed! :|

Back