Meesho and Shadowfax are scammers. Stay away

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME TOO.. few days back i received a parcel from meesho on COD which i never placed.. so i refused taking it.. the delivery executive insisted that he cant take it back without confirmation and i got a call from meesho for an OTP i received for cancelling it..which i gave unknowingly..but i was little suspicious about it and then i bumped into this article.. i am scared now... am i going to get scammed.. what should i do now?

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME TOO.. few days back i received a parcel from meesho on COD which i never placed.. so i refused taking it.. the delivery executive insisted that he cant take it back without confirmation and i got a call from meesho for an OTP i received for cancelling it..which i gave unknowingly..but i was little suspicious about it and then i bumped into this article.. i am scared now... am i going to get scammed.. what should i do now?
If it was a scam (which most likely it was), the damage would have been done already as you said it was a few days ago.

You didn't mention of ay deduction from your account so I am guessing no debit was done on your account.
And did you check your account balance after that?

Just don't share any OTP to anyone just like that in the future.

So I ordered 3 kurta sets for my daughter and 1 dhoti kurta for my nephew on 22 March. Received all the items in 4-5 days. 1 kurta set and dhoti kurta set was from a single seller and both were wrong in size and the kurta set was wrong in color as well.
I placed an exchange request on 28th March and they were picked on 29th March. After that, the tracking was only updated once on the shadowfax site that it has been received at their facility. But even this info wasn't updated on Meesho. My wife said that sometimes it takes time to update so I didn't do anything. After some days it didn't update so I tried mailing and calling Meesho but they have closed their email and Customer care number. The only way to reach them was through the app and even their they show you a message that all representatives are busy and you have to wait 10-15 minutes. No matter what time you do this, you will get the same msg. I tried waiting for 20 minutes but even then, the msg remained and nobody called.

I tried reaching shadowfax and same story. No number mentioned on their site and an email for support is also dead.

I reached out to them via FB and they said that it has been received by the seller on 4th April. I then sent a message to Meesho via FB and they said that we can't help you because it has been more than 7 days and that I should have contacted them within 7 days.

Now they are not refunding the amount or the clothes.

The amount is 661 and some of you might even ask me to forget this and move on.
But I earned that money. No matter if it's small amount or much, I want to get it back.

Also, this is is a scam on a big level. If they are robbing even 10,000 people of even 500 rupees per month, they are making 50 lacs each month. Most of the people won't even try to file a case or do something but I want to bring this to light.

Anybody here who can help me out filing a case?

I have tried NCH app before and it's as good as police. Yes, that is non existent. And that is something coming from a person who has 5 relatives in police.
The same thing happened to me today. My order reached here 6 day's ago and they still didn't deliver it. Moreover there's no update about it at all. When I called meesho customer care, the person on the other end was giggling and put my call on hold! They are seriously scamming people. Did you get any response on their side?

The same thing happened to me today. My order reached here 6 day's ago and they still didn't deliver it. Moreover there's no update about it at all. When I called meesho customer care, the person on the other end was giggling and put my call on hold! They are seriously scamming people. Did you get any response on their side?
Yeah I did get the refund. Although it was not the total amount that I paid but it's better than nothing.

Back