Meesho Scam/Fraud?

Complaints about online retailers are a dime a dozen. So, I am not expecting any resolution on this. This is just for posterity, a warning for people and to share my experience with customer service or lack thereof from Meesho.

The main takeaway here is that the video proof of delivery (Ram Band according to some), a message with the delivery person's name, tracking no, order no (matching on the app), color, size, price, and type of product matching exactly with the website app; None of the aforementioned matters to them. They have a simple quote to give that our system has not processed this order.
Sending legal notice didn't matter to them. INGRAM complaints didn't matter to them. I had an internal contact (even they couldn't do anything about this).

Even after following up with the Messho customer service for weeks, filing two INGRAM (national consumer helpline ) complaints, and finally a legal notice, nothing has happened.

Details below:
A product was delivered (woman's clothing costing 768 rs) but the company is unwilling to acknowledge the same and is refusing the return for it. Delivery proofs have been sent to the company multiple times.

Mail chain screenshots are attached for conversation with their 'customer care'.

1703987321039.png

1703986366618.png

Grievance filed on https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/
# Grievance No. State Consumer Name Reg Date Status Action
1 5012385 MAHARASHTRA Abhishek Shukla 2023-10-09 16:14:05 Disposed [Copy paste replies]
2 5012100 MAHARASHTRA Abhishek Shukla 2023-10-09 15:27:54 Disposed [Copy paste replies]

Legan notice sent (excerpt)

1703986558611.png

Details of order :

Order no: 958942948982
Date of purchase/transaction: 2023-09-23
Amount Paid: Rs 768
Grievance Company: Meesho.com
Product / Service Type: Clothes
Complaint No / Ref no.(with company): 696825232798
Company Details Website: www.meesho.com email: cs-replies@meesho.com Fashnear Technologies Private Limited, CIN: U74900KA2015PTC082263 06-105-B, 06-102, (138 Wu) Vaishnavi Signature, No. 78/9, Outer Ring Road, Bellandur, Varthur Hobli, Bengaluru-560103, Karnataka, India E-mail address: query@meesho.com © 2015-2023 Meesho.com

BTW guys, where else can I share this? There should be a subreddit for this type of thing as well. The whole thing was not about the cost of the product as I have spent around 3 times the money for following up on this and the mental anguish suffered is another thing altogether.

Attachments

• 1703986288525.png
    1703986288525.png
    396.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 1703986319344.png
    1703986319344.png
    396.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 1703986500916.png
    1703986500916.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 1703986508284.png
    1703986508284.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 1703986540748.png
    1703986540748.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Just a query, why didn't this get listed before the district Consumer redressal authority if you filed the complaints on the helpline?
Did you file it in writing to the district authority?
I think it will be quite a simple case for you to make before the forum.

Just a query, why didn't this get listed before the district Consumer redressal authority if you filed the complaints on the helpline?
Did you file it in writing to the district authority?
I think it will be quite a simple case for you to make before the forum.
I made the complaint here (https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/). If the complaint is not resolved after two grievances, then we are suggested to file a case on eDaakhil
which involves so many formalities and exact documentation that you have to be at least equal to a paralegal to file it. I had once tried it for another issue but they rejected the petition with so many issues that I just went to a lawyer (that case has been pending for over a year now).
if their system has not processed that order, how SELLER came to know about order given via their (Meesho) App/Website?
They used to say that you need to contact the delivery person or the seller but later on, they told me that the order was canceled i.e. not processed altogether. It's probably just a case of somebody somewhere making a mistake during data entry and the people responsible for sorting the mess can't be bothered.

FYI, I don't recall all the steps and conversations but this was their final proper reply:

1704124296471.png

Last edited:
as you said, you place order with meesho and received order, but now meesho saying they didn't process order
Question arise here is how the order details, you submit with meesho, went to 3rd person? How & who done this?
Check if you received invoice is with GST or not, check if GST ID is matching with Seller Name printed on Invoice..

as you said, you place order with meesho and received order, but now meesho saying they didn't process order
Question arise here is how the order details, you submit with meesho, went to 3rd person? How & who done this?
Check if you received invoice is with GST or not, check if GST ID is matching with Seller Name printed on Invoice..
That's the point. The package did not have any invoice inside it. An oversight from the seller or packaging department perhaps.
That's the point. The package did not have any invoice inside it. An oversight from the seller or packaging department perhaps.
In any case, this was a good lesson for the person who ordered it. I had told them to be wary of these kinds of websites before.

Govt. started crack down on such Manufacturers as well as Sellers, as NO LABLE etc. practice used to avoid/reduce Tax liability.

PS: One online Giant ecommerce Website not accepting return if there is no Price Tag on product, so request to all online buyers, please, record video while Unpacking/Opening of Parcel, as if you can not prove that there was no price label at time of arrival, your return request may be DENIED/Cancelled.

Last edited:
I have highlighted this earlier in some thread, Meesho is just a pure scam. Its a hit or miss.

I even go to know about their duping strategy where a customer orders petty stuff initially and meesho fulfills the same and even provide faster responses and services like amazon and once trust gets established, they wait for the customer to place a huge sum order and thats it.

Last edited:
I have highlighted this earlier in some thread, Meesho is just a pure scam. Its a hit or miss.

I even go to know abuut their duping strategy where a customer orders petty stuff initially and meesho fulfills the same and even provide faster responses and services like amazon and once trust gets established, they wait for the customer to place a huge sum order and thats it.
some BIG WING also started implementing same very slowly, don't know if seller forcing them to get rid of substandard products or ecommerce itself shielding such sellers.

some BIG WING also started implementing same very slowly, don't know if seller forcing them to get rid of substandard products or ecommerce itself shielding such sellers.
Doesn't matter if it is the seller doing it, It's Messho's/Middleman's responsibility barring any force majeure scenario. If that excuse is allowed legally then even drugs can be sold on their platform and they can just say "we didn't process your order".

Back