Meet ChatGPT (Artificial Intelligence), good alternative to Google?

There's no such thing as original-orginal.

Hans Zimmer is not original. He'll say that himself. I love him. But one who is too deep into his music will find references.

Picasso wasn't original either. He took inspiration from many places.

You know what is original? A stone age person scratching philosophy on a rock's face.

Everything humans have ever created is built on top of what came before. It's a mashup.
Good point. That's why patents exist. I guess we need similar mechanism for art xd

Fear leads to rejection which then leads to ignorance and stagnation. When there is no fear the tech is embraced wholesale and exploited for what it can do which is improve the human condition. This country has got to develop the skills to master this tech.
On that note,

Is this the first case in India, any similar news ?

ChatGPT is not AI in the way it has been depicted in fiction (HAL9000, Jarvis, or GLaDOS). It is just a very good pattern matching/text sequencing tool. Same goes of image based 'AI tools' such as Midjourney or Stable Diffusion.

AI in its current form can't do philosophy. Cannot think for itself. What it can do is use logic to solve problems and go through various permutations at a fast pace. Not very different to expert systems of the 90s which did that with data but here AI attempts that at the next level up with knowledge it is fed.
Most of the jobs that human beings are into do NOT require any creative thinking from scratch.

There's no such thing as original-orginal.

Hans Zimmer is not original. He'll say that himself. I love him. But one who is too deep into his music will find references.

Picasso wasn't original either. He took inspiration from many places.

You know what is original? A stone age person scratching philosophy on a rock's face.

Everything humans have ever created is built on top of what came before. It's a mashup.
The trick is in how you put it together which AI can't match but in the right hands, it can speed up finding new paths. It's a tool like any other.

Both the artists you mentioned created new styles. Nobody to date put things together in the manner they did.

Influences are always there which act as signposts of which you synthesize something new
See this

In a recently reported case of an AI-deepfake scam, a man from Kerala was cheated out of Rs 40,000 using AI-based deepfaking. According to Deccan Herald, the victim, Radhakrishnan, who is a native of Kozhikode, received a video call from an unknown number. Upon receiving the call, the image of the person on the video call was similar to one of his former colleagues in Andhra Pradesh. To gain his trust, the caller even mentioned the names of some of their common friends.
How is it possible for a scammer to create a deep fake video of one of his former colleagues?

I've seen this same stunt being pulled in movies but it requires more knowledge of the victim
Most of the jobs that human beings are into do NOT require any creative thinking from scratch.
So when can expect the next AI generated Android OS?

Last edited:
How is it possible for a scammer to create a deep fake video of one of his former colleagues?
A few photos from the victims social media? iOS has received a new feature this month. Its text-to-speech engine can now imitate users' voices. For a first gen, it's good enough.

Both the artists you mentioned created new styles. Nobody to date put things together in the manner they did.
If not AI, AGI can do that. It can create new styles, new genres. AGI will be the next version of AI. AGI doesn't require a whole lot of training on a particular skill to become an expert on it. It has what some humans call true-inspiration.

That's what I have been saying. Most people aren't noble, oscar, pulitzer winners.

A few photos from the victims social media? iOS has received a new feature this month. Its text-to-speech engine can now imitate users' voices. For a first gen, it's good enough.
That's what I mean though. The scammer needed

- access to photos of his friends
- good enough voice samples
- needed to know they were his friends.

This can only be done by someone that knows the guy and possibly knows his friend not some random. This is not so trivial to pull off without insider knowledge is what I mean.
If not AI, AGI can do that. It can create new styles, new genres. AGI will be the next version of AI. AGI doesn't require a whole lot of training on a particular skill to become an expert on it. It has what some humans call true-inspiration.
Then youtube is going to get flooded by videos made from these products. Then we will see how well they stack up against humans. In terms of subs and views.
That's what I have been saying. Most people aren't noble, oscar, pulitzer winners.

Tesla has repeatedly said its advanced self-driving technology requires “active driver supervision” and its vehicles “are not autonomous”.

$15k option

I have no idea what some of yall are blabbering on about at times but here's a really good ted talk by Sal Khan, founder of Khan Academy and how they were able to implement AI in a positive manner for education. Wish I had this back in Highschool.

:rolleyes:
That simply means you are agreeing with me. (but the tone conveys contrary emotion)
No, its an outright challenge to what you said
I have no idea what some of yall are blabbering on about at times but here's a really good ted talk by Sal Khan, founder of Khan Academy and how they were able to implement AI in a positive manner for education. Wish I had this back in Highschool.
A bunch of tech bigwigs did not get in on time on this money spinner or make the right picks and so have turned into ayatollahs weaving doom-and-gloom stories as a result. That is the reason for the fear-mongering. They won't make the billions they did and someone else will and that just sucks man.

They have a ready audience given their stature in the tech community.

This is just another iteration in the tech cycle.

Last edited:
I'm on Android 11 on a pixel 2xl. Shows not compatible. Why? Because I'm rooted or what?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230726-171639.png
    Screenshot_20230726-171639.png
    325.5 KB · Views: 86
I'm on Android 11 on a pixel 2xl. Shows not compatible. Why? Because I'm rooted or what?
It shows not compatible with my old non rooted redmi 5 plus phone running Android 8.1. Must be some really tight conditions for working on a device.

Edit: installed it on my pixel 6a. It asks for real name and dob and phone number and probably stores this data somewhere. Didn't know what to ask the bot so just gave up.

Last edited:

So when can expect the next AI generated Android OS?
:rolleyes:
That simply means you are agreeing with me. (but the tone conveys contrary emotion)

No, its an outright challenge to what you said

I thought it was quite obvious...?
You think a human data entry operator is going to release the next Android OS?

Good so white-collar jobs are not going to be lost then because you would think otherwise given the scare mongering hype
it is mostly scare mongering stuff, mostly because ai is still quite unstable if u try to hold longer conversations with it. keeps forgetting things, and even with the paid version 30,000 words for memory sounds like a lot but realistically that just means it will keep having amnesia every day instead of every hour

it also gets a little unhinged and incoherent still if you see, like how bing gpt used to do before they neutered the poor thing. its still happening just lesser extent with chatgpt 4

weird scare some people have that even lawyers apparently are going to loose to robots, I don't see it at all

it is mostly scare mongering stuff, mostly because ai is still quite unstable if u try to hold longer conversations with it. keeps forgetting things, and even with the paid version 30,000 words for memory sounds like a lot but realistically that just means it will keep having amnesia every day instead of every hour

it also gets a little unhinged and incoherent still if you see, like how bing gpt used to do before they neutered the poor thing. its still happening just lesser extent with chatgpt 4

weird scare some people have that even lawyers apparently are going to loose to robots, I don't see it at all
The fear is not about how it is now. The fear is how it is going to be in future. Considering the rate of improvement, I don't think that is an irrational fear to have.

And the fear is being spread by those techies that aren't going to make any profits out of it. This then gets picked up by political commentators who have no clue about the subject but will say so and so said it and there is no shortage of fear-mongering over the years. Here is a famous one from Bill Joy all the way back from 2000

Why the Future Doesn't Need Us | Wired | Apr 2000

Our most powerful 21st-century technologies—robotics, genetic engineering, and nanotech—are threatening to make humans an endangered species

No AI was on the scene back then so he works with what was available, robots, GE and nanotech.

How does a layperson at the time go up against someone of Joy's stature and declare he's talking out his side? because no techie is going to be able to do it.

With a byline like that and the time that has passed you know today that this article is exactly a load of bunk.

Those that are going to exploit are quiet and more encouraging because they want funding.

Last edited:
check this,

---
I have a couple of unusual instances where I used AI to learn something faster.

Last week I was learning something and at some point, I had enough of the guy's Cockney accent. I extracted subtitles and fed them to ChatGPT. And asked it to convert the lecture into short notes and SOPs. It did absolutely phenomenal job. There's also a Chrome extension that can do all this process for you if the video is on youtube and you don't have the time to watch all 5 hours of it.

I use Bing to know what a tool actually used for. The problem is, the homepage of most tools, apps or solutions has all kinds of marketing buzzwords. And it's all vague. For example, last week I wanted to know about SharePoint (I have never worked in corporate). This is the line from its homepage "Share and manage content, knowledge, and applications to empower teamwork, quickly find information, and seamlessly collaborate across the organization." What an actual F'! You can apply this description to thousands of other sites and it'll still work because it's super vague. Instead, I asked Bing what's this tool all about. It gave a very clear explanation with examples.

Back