PC Peripherals Memory related doubt

prajith

Disciple
May 3, 2008
I bought a 2GB Transcend DDR2 800 Mhz RAM from SP road, Bangalore 2 months back @ Rs. 1250. (with bill and warranty)

Today I called the same shop and he quoted me a price of Rs. 2050 for the same. Now did the price increase dramatically :huh: or did the shop commit a blunder last time? :clap:

Dec 24, 2007
Bangalore
well, the prices surely have gone up. while it is not exactly the best, it is almost in line with the general market rates.

there are couple of threads regarding the price rise here.

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
Oct 7, 2009
Top Gear Test Track
i find it funny---a friend of mine--got 4 sticks of 2 gb corsair xms 2 ddr 2 800mhz ram---8gb in all for his forthcoming upgrades .he got each 2gb stick for 1550 from mahavir electronics lamington road.

he called me up last week to say that he sold 2 sticks of ram for 2100rs to a junior in my old college --he being a gujju(no offence) jumped to the prospect of making more money on second hand ram sticks--agreed he never used it---but his gloating kills me!!

he got 4 gb of ddr3 corsair for his new upcoming system--he says he would keep it and wait till the prices of ddr3 ram go up to sell it at a profit.

he's applying stock trading practices to the ram sticks!!

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Jun 3, 2005
Prices are indeed going up considerably everywhere. Especially for DDR2 RAM. Recently one of my GSKill sticks from a 2x2GB Kit that I imported via KMD suddenly went bad. So I was checking the prices on newegg and they are definitely a lot higher than before.

sunny27 said:
i find it funny---a friend of mine--got 4 sticks of 2 gb corsair xms 2 ddr 2 800mhz ram---8gb in all for his forthcoming upgrades .he got each 2gb stick for 1550 from mahavir electronics lamington road.

he called me up last week to say that he sold 2 sticks of ram for 2100rs to a junior in my old college --he being a gujju(no offence) jumped to the prospect of making more money on second hand ram sticks--agreed he never used it---but his gloating kills me!!

he got 4 gb of ddr3 corsair for his new upcoming system--he says he would keep it and wait till the prices of ddr3 ram go up to sell it at a profit.

he's applying stock trading practices to the ram sticks!!

Well your friend is not the first one to do that. A few years back, ram prices were very unstable and fluctuated between record lows and highs. There were many people who I knew personally [most of them classmates] who bought RAM sticks when the prices went low even when some of them did not even have a PC and then sold them at prices ranging from twice to 5 times the cost they bought them for with in space of a few months. In fact one business minded friend of mine insisted that I should sell of half my RAM for a neat profit when the prices went high. :rofl: