Metro 2033 - Discussion Thread

A bug in the Metro!

I dunno its bug or glitch or what. back at the Armory level I had a lot of money, almost 500 gold bullets and now after rescuing that kid Sasha I have almost 700 bullets but even now the game's traders won't sell me the AK or that VSV rifle. I can buy pistols and shotguns or that pneumatic rifles but no assault. I'm still stuck with that piece of junk carbine thingy.:mad:

What seems to be the issue here?

Re: OFFICIAL Metro 2033 Discussion and Screenshots Thread.

Don't worry. Soon you'll meet some stealth dudes who give you a nice silent assault rifle with a laser sight.

Hey... I'm gonna buy this game from a local store... price is okay but worth it after reading this thread posts..

what settings have u guys managed with this game since it's much of a hog?? I dun think it has much replay value... but 'm hoping the story is tight enuf!

Finished it. One of my favorite games of 2010. Plenty of replay value. Isn't perfect.

Ryunosuke said:
Dude u've got HD5850 and u r worrying about the game being a hog, come on!

:cool2:

looking forward to the game(waiting for holz to start, then I'll go to BUY!!!)

^^

It will tax your system when you enable Dx11 and tessellation. I am playing with Quality = Very High, AA = AAA, and TF = AF4X, and manage 55-60 fps @ 1920 x 1080 @ Dx10.

Is a nice game.

hat settings have u guys managed with this game since it's much of a hog?? I dun think it has much replay value... but 'm hoping the story is tight enuf!
The story is the best part in this game. GFX hog? Please don't criticize us.
I finished it with my 8600GT which was my earlier gfx card.

Done with the game yesterday. Nice gameplay and a nice ending. :D

Onto Just Cause 2. Loving it. :p

stuck at starting level of Alley..............I dont have any Gas Mask............Help........tried using trainer but not working even if i enable infinite gas mask.....

i was stuck there too for a while... u got to move aside on the left where the air is a bit clear and try it. it will work.. took me a good 20 mins to figure that out :)

Guys, am stuck at the level which I cannot figure out. I need to jump a large gap from a car bonnet to the other side. Below is a toxic pool, and above in the sky some big bird sh$$ is hovering. Not being able to make that jump. Some 'speed run' combination..?

Even I was stuck at that point(jumping from a car)...you have to go back to a house behind and there you can find a way down to the tunnel...try that

Hola nerdmigos!

I'm finally going to start this game from scratch. I don't recall anything from my last encounter, which was short anyway. So I need some useful tips, and stuff I need to watch out for while playing this game.

^^

Be careful with the ammo. It runs out quite quick. Take well timed shots. Search out all nooks and crannies and all dead bodies to salvage equipment. Move fast when gas masks are used.

Learn Russian...!

Rule #1: Conserve ammo.

Rule #2: Conserve ammo.

Rule #3: Tone down the graphics settings to get decent frames.

If you've played the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, you could relate most of the game's settings to this one.

Conserve ammo - check

Take well timed shots - Hope so

Search out all nooks and crannies and all dead bodies to salvage equipment - Gotcha

Move fast when gas masks are used - Will do

Learn Russian...! - Not an option. :p
Tone down the graphics settings to get decent frames - Playing it on the 360 *hides*

Ethan_Hunt said:
Tone down the graphics settings to get decent frames - Playing it on the 360 *hides*
I don't blame you! The game on pc is just ruthless. I an maxing it with everything high + dx11 only on 1280x720. So therefore am playing this on the tv + 360 controller. Not very far into the game though, just helped a guy do something near the rails and stuff.

Sent from my Motorola Defy.

Yep with everything maxed in dx 11 i just get playable fps 30-35 on 1024x768.These type of games depends much on your Hdd and rams.

Back