Metro 2033 - Discussion Thread

quan chi said:
Yep with everything maxed in dx 11 i just get playable fps 30-35 on 1024x768.These type of games depends much on your Hdd and rams.
Partly true. Games have nothing much to do with the storage other than improving loading times. And 4 gigs of RAM should be aplenty for most titles released by far. This game is pretty much shader intensive.

^^well thats why i mentioned these type(read stalker category).Stalker has been reported to perform well on systems with lots of ram power and having a faster hdd.
Anyways what i found out that stalker games loads partly at first then when progressing they load the next part/textures etc on the fly.Thats the reason that it as reported by various people sometimes stutters or frequently stutters when moving from one place to another.

Reach 'Dead City' in the 2nd chapter and boy this game is so atmospheric. It looks stunning, even on the 360. Heck, it looks much better than Crysis 2 on the 360. :p

So far, I'm confused about the ammo swap, buying and selling. I haven't purchased a single stuff from those dealers, just gathering the ammo as I move along. Then there was this hooker who tried to pull a fast one on me, but I promptly reloaded my checkpoint. But I love how creepy this game is and it will really grab you into it. I wish there were more level like the Prologue chapter in the beginning. :)

Completed the game a few minutes back. I'm a bit confused about the last section, but the loved the whole game. It was extremely atmospheric and good in terms of horror elements. A lot of detailed attention was provided to the post-apocalyptic setup. It's weird how Artyom spoke during loading scenes and chose to give the silent treatment during the game. I'm glad I played it on the 360. The visuals were stunning and the frame rates were consistent throughout. My current rig would have begged for mercy, if asked to max out this game. Definitely looking forward to it's sequel now. :D

Completed the game. Inarguably one of the best games of the decade. However the climax was slightly dissatisfying, they could have made it more interesting.
Another thing is the gas filters they are really painful. Towards the end I had trouble in running out of filters at some levels. The game forces you to search everywhere for these. However from visuals to locations this game is awesome. Overall its a very good game.

I believe u played the "Redux" version. The original game would have dragged any PC to its knees (was plagued with performance issues).
Still one of the best single player stories in recent times.
I have played the original version too. But left it after completing 4-5 chapters because at that time it didn't interest me that much. The original may not have been optimized properly. Actually even with the original version I didn't faced much issues maybe the AI was bad. (Then again I never completed it therefore can't comment on overall performance)

I want to play this game. There seems to be two versions. Which one should I start with? Metro 2033 or Metro 2033 Redux version?
Start with Redux since its the latest version. Also the original's stealth was actually messed up, you can read the reviews. You may not find these issues with redux. However if you want you can play both the versions. For me I liked redux more.

Last edited:
Back