Metro 2033 - Discussion Thread

Re: OFFICIAL Metro 2033 Discussion and Screenshots Thread.

After reading pple's posts here, I think I'm gonna give this game a pass. Getting unplayable framerates after dropping 15k on my 5850 will make me feel like a complete douchebag. No thanks.

I'm playing this game in 4890 and Phenom II 955 and the game totally rapes my system. With all settings maxed out on 1920x1200 I'm getting 1920x1200. Lowered the settings from very high to high and turned off AA and the game is playable, 25-30 FPS.

Even tough poorly optimized, the game is fun.

This game seems to bring down any god damn system to its knees. Makes for a good benchmarking utility. :p

I Am playing it at high dx11 at 1080p works great:) I Am playing it as I Am completely bored its a very badly optimised game though.anyway finishing it .i hated stakes this is slighly better I feel

OK, guys help me with this one, especially Ethan. Its the same old problem once again. As soon as i run the game, the game shifts to some crazy res. not supported by my screen and I get "No signal" message on my screen. In some cases, Alt+Enter forced some games to go in Windowed mode but not this one. How to change the res manually?

Ryunosuke said:
OK, guys help me with this one, especially Ethan. Its the same old problem once again. As soon as i run the game, the game shifts to some crazy res. not supported by my screen and I get "No signal" message on my screen. In some cases, Alt+Enter forced some games to go in Windowed mode but not this one. How to change the res manually?

No worries. Let's try the age old user config file editing again. The location for it in Windows 7 for me is C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\4A Games\Metro 2033 and edit the user.cfg file.

Just find the line:

r_res_hor

r_res_vert

Customise the value, save, cross your fingers and run the game. :)

Well as always, ur trick worked, although the config file was located in the install folder itself.

Ryunosuke said:
Well as always, ur trick worked, although the config file was located in the install folder itself.
Oh yeah! I failed to notice that completely. :p

I am loving this game, every bit of it. However as already stated its a resource hog. Generally the game runs at a good 30-50 fps but in certain scenarios, when I go from "inside" to "outside" the frame rate takes a massive hit - 19 to 24 fps.

But the game itself is awesome, for some there may be too much darkness. You have to patient to like this one.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @stock
ATI HD4850 512MB @stock
Kingston 2GB DDR II 667Mhz Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate

I know it's an outdated hardware, but the optimisation could be done on the game.

2GB of RAM? Never thought of adding more memory eh?

thetoxicmind said:
2GB of RAM? Never thought of adding more memory eh?
I did plan on doing it. The system has become slightly sluggish and the memory seems to be holding it back. But then again I'm just too lazy to start over with the 64-bit OS installation. :p

Aphro_EVO said:
I am loving this game, every bit of it. However as already stated its a resource hog. Generally the game runs at a good 30-50 fps but in certain scenarios, when I go from "inside" to "outside" the frame rate takes a massive hit - 19 to 24 fps.

But the game itself is awesome, for some there may be too much darkness. You have to patient to like this one.

same here man loving it like hell.initially wen i heard it was like stalker i was like ahhh not even downloading it but wen i got my 5870 i got it for testing purposes and started playing it now on chapter 4 yapeee

Hey anyone knows a specific weapon to kill the Librarians quickly? The damn things are real hard to kill. I have tried using the shotgun and the AK47 as well as another gun with a big silencer and laser pointer, nothing works effectively :(

Well, I've seen at benchmarkreviews that using no AA and AAA, the image quality difference isn't noticable in game(if u r concentrating in playing and not strolling :p)

and the DX9 mode looks very good, it's DX11 which brings a little more with a huge performance hit

BUMP! :p

Been playing this since 2 days and honestly it's a better game than any S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I've played by far - haven't played Call of Pripyat so can't comment on that. Gameplay is fairly good. I loved the no-HUD part. Haven't had much problems gathering ammo by far. Upgraded the pistol and attached a longer barrel and scope + silencer. Upgrade the shotgun and the AK as well.

Just done with Chapter 3. :p

Christ, the librarians are raping my arse! :(

Seems like the shotgun is the only way you could take them down. And that takes more than just 6~7 headshots!

Has anyone completed the game as yet?

Yes finished it a while back. You dont need to shoot them just run and finish the level thats it.

the librarians suck ass. each one takes 2 full magazines from an ak and a dozen+ rounds from a shotgun.

^Totally! The dark ones however seem to die quickly or that was just my observation! In any case, I loved this game over the STALKER series by far. Haven't played Call of Pripyat as yet so can't comment on that. :p

Back