Mi 11 Ultra at 70K

FYI my mi max 2 never received an android version update .
Good phone let down by very poor software support .
They updated miui version but no security updates or Android version updates .
BTW I have mi max 2 .
Also owned mi5 , redmi note 4g , redmi 1s .
All the same good phones let down by software support .

FYI my mi max 2 never received an android version update .
Good phone let down by very poor software support .
They updated miui version but no security updates or Android version updates .
BTW I have mi max 2 .
Also owned mi5 , redmi note 4g , redmi 1s .
All the same good phones let down by software support .
thats the policy ,their selling point is good hardware and if they optimize the software who will buy the new hardware :p

Haha these specs at 40k. Impossible!
I think people very well know they won't get it at 40k. It's just that they still feel that if doesn't deserve more than that.

I am one of the same group. Maybe those sensors cost a lot of money. But paying 70k to get redirected to GetApps when you click on any app link. Not gonna work for me.

Those trillion mi video notifications for 70k. Thanks but no.

I know we can turn them off, change launchers, change default app opening links, maybe cancel the app scanner etc etc. But personally, I don't care if the camera isn't top notch. I would only pay that money for a fuss free and painless experience.

Always kept my xiaomi phone rooted.

By the way, have you used an unrooted miui for long. Has your experience been different or is it that you would place a greater emphasis on an awesome camera. Just trying to understand what different people value more.

Edit - Just saw a video of the features. It is incredibly well priced at 70k.

Unfortunately the typically miui annoyances will keep me away from this one. But they have simply killed it. Incredibly pricing.

Last edited:
40k is my price for this M11. I know only SE will come under 40K but for 70K you can get iPhone 11 or 12 (Maybe). And no, it will not be a show-off but I have seen it personally that the same game works better on an iPhone then its Android counter part.
You own an mi 11 ultra and have compared it with iphone 11 or 12!!! I'm 100% sure you haven't even watched the video but just trying to push your bias. You didn't even mention the phone name correctly!

The claims here just to show the bias for ios are just preposterous. If you had specifically chosen a poorly optimized android game that's another matter.

I can tell you 10 android games that don't even work on ios as they never came to ios. There are 10s of Indian apps including banking and upi apps that don't work on ios due to either shitty ios or simply because the developer didn't find any value in creating the app for ios. Doesn't mean that proves that iphone is bad. There are other examples to prove that

Last edited:
I think people very well know they won't get it at 40k. It's just that they still feel that if doesn't deserve more than that.

I am one of the same group. Maybe those sensors cost a lot of money. But paying 70k to get redirected to GetApps when you click on any app link. Not gonna work for me.

Those trillion mi video notifications for 70k. Thanks but no.

I know we can turn them off, change launchers, change default app opening links, maybe cancel the app scanner etc etc. But personally, I don't care if the camera isn't top notch. I would only pay that money for a fuss free and painless experience.

Always kept my xiaomi phone rooted.

By the way, have you used an unrooted miui for long. Has your experience been different or is it that you would place a greater emphasis on an awesome camera. Just trying to understand what different people value more.

Edit - Just saw a video of the features. It is incredibly well priced at 70k.

Unfortunately the typically miui annoyances will keep me away from this one. But they have simply killed it. Incredibly pricing.
It doesn't even take the amount of time it took you to type this post to remove those annoyance with a simple Google search.

Less than 5 mins is what it takes to remove bloatware and ads, assuming that is the case with mi ultra. Xiaomi is known to have different os for its premium phones.

There are numerous youtube videos and Google searches to do that. One just has to type and know how to search

Edit: thanks for actually checking out the phone and then commenting on the vfm at 70k. It is a beast at 70k. I had used mi3 back when it came, it ran for years without any issues. I have full confidence xiaomi premium device is awesome. Anyways if people keep away from this phone due to brand name it is fair, it takes time to create a brand name in this segment and i am sure over the next couple of years mi will nail it

Last edited:
It doesn't even take the amount of time it took you to type this post to remove those annoyance with a simple Google search.

Less than 5 mins is what it takes to remove bloatware and ads, assuming that is the case with mi ultra. Xiaomi is known to have different os for its premium phones.

There are numerous youtube videos and Google searches to do that. One just has to type and know how to search

Edit: thanks for actually checking out the phone and then commenting on the vfm at 70k. It is a beast at 70k. I had used mi3 back when it came, it ran for years without any issues. I have full confidence xiaomi premium device is awesome. Anyways if people keep away from this phone due to brand name it is fair, it takes time to create a brand name in this segment and i am sure over the next couple of years mi will nail it
There are two things that I couldn't change in my xiaomi - app scanner that comes up each time you install an app and app links being opened in GetApps. I didn't search it on Google tbf though.

Also, on principle, I think I shouldn't be having to go through such suffering on a 70k phone. But that's just because I don't need an amazing camera or a quad hd display. For those who need that, this would be a good buy.

Samsung is the only Android that I would pay 70k for. Mainly for long term support and Samsung Pay. But like you said, if Xiaomi improve their act software wise in the next 1-2 years then they certainly have the hardware to compete.

But unfortunately Samsung too loves to drown the user with bloat ware and notifications. I guess, you can't have it all in this case world .

Last edited:
There are two things that I couldn't change in my xiaomi - app scanner that comes up each time you install an app and app links being opened in GetApps. I didn't search it on Google tbf though.

Also, on principle, I think I shouldn't be having to go through such suffering on a 70k phone. But that's just because I don't need an amazing camera or a quad hd display. For those who need that, this would be a good buy.

Samsung is the only Android that I would pay 70k for. Mainly for long term support and Samsung Pay. But like you said, if Xiaomi improve their act software wise in the next 1-2 years then they certainly have the hardware to compete.

But unfortunately Samsung too loves to drown the user with bloat ware and notifications. I guess, you can't have it all in this case world .

Someone with similar opinion has described their experience

To those saying "it takes only 5 minutes to remove the inconveniences" they might be missing the point. I tinker a lot too, using custom roms and tweaking phone behaviors to my hearts content. Over past few years I've come to realise that no matter how much effort is put to tinker and optimize stuff, out of box experience ultimately matters.

I'm using LG G8x right now and kinda got tired with the settings and the tweaks I had to do to make it to my tastes. It wasn't much work tbh (Restoring Lawnchair layout, HexShaders for live wallpaper and Youtube vanced non-root, all in the stock ROM itself) but it made me feel, I would avoid it if I could. I want to just start using my phone as a tool. I don't want to tinker endlessly on the tool, I just want to use it, put it away and only think about it when I need to use it again.

Since I've never tried iOS I'm really tempted to pick up a cheap iPhone SE just to test drive it. I already use a hackintosh for most of my work, and I've a feeling I might just get a Mac when the arm race (get the pun) settles.

The experience what you shared is what comes into play when you grow old and have other responsibilities in life. This tinkering and stuff felt all good back in the early days but later on you just need a gadget which does its job out of the box. This is where iOS, Stock Android is better than Custom flavored roms(MIUI, RealOS and others).

while i'm a fan of mi phones at the lower -mid range spectrum, 70k for a mi phone is atrocious. this caters only to a specific group of people - teens and tech nerds obsessed with silly spec sheet. i don't intend to start a flame war again but if i'm going to spend 70k+ on a phone, it won't be anything other than an iphone. i'd expect a phone to run in top notch condition for a few years at least if i'm dropping that amount of cash. android phones/manufacturers run behind shiny new features and spec sheet and competing who brings what first every year while leaving behind the basics. samsung is my second choice however the depreciation on samsung phones is just NUTS. oneplus is out of the game.

and camera? stop watching these stupid youtube reviewers. form your own opinion after using it in real. i'm biased towards apple's processing and absolutely hate every other phone camera out there (except pixel for night sight and landscapes). s21 ultra has come really close to the iphone but then i'd say apple is still a little bit more consistent + video is no match till now. and of course, horrendous android compression while sharing doesn't help either. again i say this is my personal opinion and for you a pixel/samsung may take better shots.

p.s: bought a poco x3 pro as secondary device. it is smashing for the price i got. BUT. miui is freaking horrendous. the wait for 7 days to unlock bootloader was nothing less than torture. it is a device with 860 processor and miui runs like the phone has 7xx (or worse idk?) with 3gb ram. oneplus 7 pro which i had 2 years back was smooth as butter with a similar/worse proccy. also for some reason pubg runs much worse on 860 than it did on 855? strange. i would not want to experience such things after spending 70k.

miui sucks. period.

The experience what you shared is what comes into play when you grow old and have other responsibilities in life. This tinkering and stuff felt all good back in the early days but later on you just need a gadget which does its job out of the box.
+1. i was an iphone hater myself. always got android flagships (current or yesteryear) instead of iphones. not anymore. needs and wants evolve over time.

The experience what you shared is what comes into play when you grow old and have other responsibilities in life. This tinkering and stuff felt all good back in the early days but later on you just need a gadget which does its job out of the box. This is where iOS, Stock Android is better than Custom flavored roms(MIUI, RealOS and others).
Same, when I got my first android I'd be chasing after every new ROM that launched in xda for my mobile, then installing my titanium backup and restoring data. It was fun for a while. Then after changing a few mobiles I don't even root my mobile now.

Looking Back I've no idea why I changed so many roms even when there was no need for it, chasing after good audio mod in certain rom to better camera in another, it wasn't really worth losing the stock experience and time for the very little changes they offered. Never going back to flashing roms ever again.

Amazing phone. It crushes the competition at this price point for the specs. If it goes any lower than 70k during sales, it is just a no brainer for those who want to spend this much.

Cameras are getting rave reviews everywhere and in comparisons i posted with iphone 12 pro max, it comes out same or better. I don't know ipm12 maybe what 2 times the price of this?

People commenting on miui. Miui have different versions of miui and if you have used miui on only budget phones, it is not the same.

Someone mentioned lagging and smooth experience. If you can lag today's 888 Snapdragon on any phone leave alone this phone, please take a video and put on youtube and you will get millions of views because that is just a shooting star like probability.
I have a modest 865 Snapdragon compared to this.

Have about 200 apps installed, multiple profiles and still don't observe any lag on my realme x3 which is just at 20-25k mark.

For camera, i dont want to start a flame war but I think muthu has very different taste in camera. muthu above said in another thread that pixel camera is "shit", and this is quoted. He compared the camera of pixel to iphone 6, so that shows his taste or preference.
I will let you make your mind up if you think pixel camera is shit and comparable to 5 year old phones or not!

Or you can simply ask thousands of real time users on the forum or internet or friends group, to find out how the pixel camera is. I can guarantee nobody even on pixel 4a who actually has no bias, will ever call the camera anything sort of awesome. I honestly feel pixel camera is still one of the best, if not the best.

Last edited:
miui is referred to as memeui by its own community members fyi. miui is not the same on budget phones as it is on flagships? sure, but this phone is having an 860 processor + it launched just a month ago. if you say miui can't run properly on an overclocked 2019 flagship chip, what guarantee do i have that this mi 11 ultra at 70k is going to work fine/smoothly just after 2 years?

don't get me started on the lack of a portrait lens on a 70k phone xD

don't get me started on the lack of a portrait lens on a 70k phone xD

Am sure it would have been such a shock to you when you used a pixel and saw it is able to do everything with one lens which iphone needed 4 lenses to do, so you just labeled it as a shit camera. Just because pixel had one lens doesn't mean it is same as iphone 6. Please watch the videos on how photography works and I didn't know you were just saying pixel has 1 lens that is why it is "shit" and comparable to 5 years old real crap camera.

For mi ultra, the natural bokeh effect will be more than sufficient. You don't need a separate portrait camera.

The massive camera island on the back features the Samsung GN2 50-megapixel primary camera with a huge sensor size of 1/1.12 inches, an aperture rating of f/1.9 aperture, and OIS support

This below part is googling for bokeh effort

To achieve bokeh in an image, you need to use a fast lens—the faster the better. You'll want to use a lens with at least an f/2.8 aperture, with faster apertures of f/2, f/1.8 or f/1.4 being ideal. Many photographers like to use fast prime lenses when shooting photographs that they want visible bokeh in.

Here is more to read about the amazing bokeh achieved by xiaomi from xda. This is the title "The Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra’s brand new 50MP camera can produce DSLR-like bokeh"

Am sure it would have been such a shock to you when you used a pixel and saw it is able to do everything with one lens which iphone needed 4 lenses to do, so you just labeled it as a shit camera. Just because pixel had one lens doesn't mean it is same as iphone 6. Please watch the videos on how photography works and I didn't know you were just saying pixel has 1 lens that is why it is "shit" and comparable to 5 years old real crap camera.
For mi ultra, the natural bokeh effect will be more than sufficient. You don't need a separate portrait camera.
lulzzz xD

good for you man. your money your choice. i don't remember saying pixel camera is shit??? maybe i said inconsistent and overhyped.

miui is referred to as memeui by its own community members fyi. miui is not the same on budget phones as it is on flagships? sure, but this phone is having an 860 processor + it launched just a month ago. if you say miui can't run properly on an overclocked 2019 flagship chip, what guarantee do i have that this mi 11 ultra at 70k is going to work fine/smoothly just after 2 years?
btw why did you ignore this? : (

Back